Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"Who Will Stop the Bullying?"

Go down 
+3
Krissy
Rhonda
Savannah
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
"Who Will Stop the Bullying?" Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : "Who Will Stop the Bullying?" Happy010

"Who Will Stop the Bullying?" Empty
PostSubject: "Who Will Stop the Bullying?"   "Who Will Stop the Bullying?" EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 11:58 am

This was filmed not too far from my hometown - over in Grand Rapids, at one of the bus stops. It was posted on Thursday, and by this morning already had over a million views. I LOVE it that strangers stepped in to either confront the bullies, or to provide distance and a safe haven for the little girl. That's what happens when people don't remain silent when they witness unkindness:

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21164
Mood : "Who Will Stop the Bullying?" Purple2

PostSubject: Re: "Who Will Stop the Bullying?"   "Who Will Stop the Bullying?" EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 12:16 pm

Blue It is SO amazing to me how bullying has gotten so out of control....I think the internet has helped to fuel it and make people braver to do it....I'm glad for videos like this and others that are making it loud and clear to stop the bullying....Thanks for the share.
Thumbsup

"Who Will Stop the Bullying?" Rhonda10"Who Will Stop the Bullying?" Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : "Who Will Stop the Bullying?" Headac10

PostSubject: Re: "Who Will Stop the Bullying?"   "Who Will Stop the Bullying?" EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 4:43 pm

It's really sad poor kids that have to suffer this. Blue I hope this can stop it/

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : "Who Will Stop the Bullying?" Purple2

PostSubject: Re: "Who Will Stop the Bullying?"   "Who Will Stop the Bullying?" EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 10:08 am

Bullying has gotten way out of control. Lots of people have commited suicide due to getting bullied. Hopefully more people start saying stuff bullies to make them realize how hurtful it is. Blue
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: "Who Will Stop the Bullying?"   "Who Will Stop the Bullying?" EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 8:09 pm

Shell wrote:
Bullying has gotten way out of control. Lots of people have commited suicide due to getting bullied. Hopefully more people start saying stuff bullies to make them realize how hurtful it is. Blue

Agree! Thumbsup

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
"Who Will Stop the Bullying?" Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : "Who Will Stop the Bullying?" Happy010

PostSubject: Re: "Who Will Stop the Bullying?"   "Who Will Stop the Bullying?" EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 12:58 pm

Rhonda wrote:
Blue It is SO amazing to me how bullying has gotten so out of control....I think the internet has helped to fuel it and make people braver to do it....I'm glad for videos like this and others that are making it loud and clear to stop the bullying....Thanks for the share.
Thumbsup

I agree. I hope that more people realize that they have a voice, and that remaining silent only strengthens the bullies.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : "Who Will Stop the Bullying?" Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: "Who Will Stop the Bullying?"   "Who Will Stop the Bullying?" EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 9:11 am

I saw this on FB but didn't realize it was filmed in Grand Rapids!  A really great set-up to raise awareness. I always thought school was rough in my day---it was nothing compared to what kids are subjected to now.  As the video suggests, a growing 'disconnect' in our youth.  Thankfully there are still those adults willing to step in.  I just wonder how much goes unnoticed on school grounds.  In a perfect world, schools would be able to have funding to employ staff to oversee a lot of these issues, as 'observers' and problem solvers.  Aministrators may see it as lack of funding to implement something like that, but addressing the mental and emotional (and physical!) well being of these bullied students would equate to better school performance.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : "Who Will Stop the Bullying?" Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: "Who Will Stop the Bullying?"   "Who Will Stop the Bullying?" EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 10:17 pm

With all the attention given to bullying in our schools, one would hope it would get better; but it hasn't. Social media now means kids are bullied 24/7. At least before, they only had to deal with it at school.

A lack of self-control, a lack of respect for others, and how little respect there is for life these days creates an environment of cruelty. It's truly a shame.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: "Who Will Stop the Bullying?"   "Who Will Stop the Bullying?" EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 10:44 am

Amy wrote:
I saw this on FB but didn't realize it was filmed in Grand Rapids!  A really great set-up to raise awareness. I always thought school was rough in my day---it was nothing compared to what kids are subjected to now.  As the video suggests, a growing 'disconnect' in our youth.  Thankfully there are still those adults willing to step in.  I just wonder how much goes unnoticed on school grounds.  In a perfect world, schools would be able to have funding to employ staff to oversee a lot of these issues, as 'observers' and problem solvers.  Aministrators may see it as lack of funding to implement something like that, but addressing the mental and emotional (and physical!) well being of these bullied students would equate to better school performance.

Same with me. I thought it was rough in my day too. In a way I'M sure glad i don't go to school in this generation. I think i would be scared to death.

Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855
Mood : "Who Will Stop the Bullying?" Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: "Who Will Stop the Bullying?"   "Who Will Stop the Bullying?" EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 6:38 pm

It is terrible how frequent and how severe some bullying can still be. Just today I watched a movie where the 10-year-old girl was new at school and right away other girls in her class started bullying her. It was terrible to see how she was treated and how bad she felt.

In the movie one of the girls teacher's told her "sometimes people bully others because they feel bad about themselves" but there is never ever an excuse for picking on someone for any reason.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: "Who Will Stop the Bullying?"   "Who Will Stop the Bullying?" EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 10:19 pm

That is true. Teachers always told me. " Just ignore them. They will stop" Didn't work!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Who Will Stop the Bullying?"   "Who Will Stop the Bullying?" Empty

Back to top Go down

"Who Will Stop the Bullying?"
Page 1 of 1