Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Little House on the Prairie movie back in development

Go down 
+21
Amy
Honeybee
MandMBubblebath
JW
mikkel
Rhonda
julmer70
littlehousefan200
Kamberley
Rob
littlehouselover
MissOleson
LIWnut
jessicamarie
alexczarn
Pepsi
Krissy
Vanesa
Gin
Davetucson
bethandmanly
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 Headac10

House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 10:56 am

She's pretty..

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
MandMBubblebath
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
MandMBubblebath

Number of posts : 37
Mood : House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 6:07 pm

I hope that they base it more on the books. Although I adore the series, it was based loosely on the books. pray  BTW, This is my first post!!
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 2:36 pm

MandMBubblebath wrote:
I hope that they base it more on the books. Although I adore the series, it was based loosely on the books. pray  BTW, This is my first post!!
From what I understand it is going to be based on the books.  And from what I have heard, I am thinking they will start with Little House in the Big Woods.  And if they'd do that for me, I would be SO HAPPY because that takes place in Wisconsin.  And I would like to see that part of her life, for once, acknowledged on film.

Welcome to the forum! Smile 
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 7:16 pm

Is their update on this about them remaking Little House movie? I notices you guys post this in 2012. How did I miss this post last year.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 8:54 am

Nothing beyond the original article yet!

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 Love-s10

PostSubject: New Little House movie!!!   House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 11:30 am

I have a friend who is involved in the movie business and one of her friends that she networks with posted this on his facebook page.  It sounds like this is newly in the works.  If you recall, there was talk about Sony producing a new LH movie awhile back---all the articles about that are dated October 2012.  Well, this movie is being produced by Columbia, so I'm guessing they bought the rights from Sony.  No idea yet if it will be in theaters or released straight to dvd, but I'm guessing the latter.

Here is the link to casting call for Laura! Applause 

https://www.littlehousecasting.com/#/

House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 Little10

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 12:10 pm

Columbia studios is owned by Sony.......One in the same.............
Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. is an American film production and distribution studio, that is part of the Columbia TriStar Motion Picture Group, owned by Sony Pictures Entertainment, a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment, a subsidiary of the Japanese conglomerate Sony. It is one of the leading film studios in the world, a member of the so-called Big Six. It was one of the so-called Little Three among the eight major film studios of Hollywood's Golden Age.

Little House On The Prairie is being produced for the Big Screen in Theaters.......................Trip Friendly is co producing, He is the son of Ed Friendly who owned the rights to Little House and Produced the TV series. Ed Friendly died in 2007.

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 1:24 pm

awesome

House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 MarilynKeeper House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Mood : House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 2:05 pm

Davetucson wrote:
Columbia studios is owned by Sony.......One in the same.............
Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. is an American film production and distribution studio, that is part of the Columbia TriStar Motion Picture Group, owned by Sony Pictures Entertainment, a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment, a subsidiary of the Japanese conglomerate Sony. It is one of the leading film studios in the world, a member of the so-called Big Six. It was one of the so-called Little Three among the eight major film studios of Hollywood's Golden Age.

Little House On The Prairie is being produced for the Big Screen in Theaters.......................Trip Friendly is co producing, He is the son of Ed Friendly who owned the rights to Little House and Produced the TV series. Ed Friendly died in 2007.

Oh cool! Thanks for the info, Dave! Has this been posted on the forum before? Maybe I missed it.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Mood : House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 2:22 pm

Well, I will say that I am a little disappointed. From the gossip of the past, they were going to attempt to make all the books into movies. If they didn't, OK. But I was REALLY hoping to finally see them try to turn Little House in the Big Woods into a movie (TV or theatrical - I don't care - I just wanted part of the Wisconsin story told). Oh, well.

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 2:56 pm

I like the idea of that and I'd like to see that too, but I'm just not sure a plot of the Big Woods would sell tickets in a theater. Heck, I'm not sure this will either!  scratchead  Lord knows we'll all show up to it happily but I'm kind of wondering how many will be excited enough to spend money on a ticket. But I do think that a movie that's relevant to the TV show and her life in Walnut Grove would be the best bet to stick to for sales.

I noticed that Laura is only being auditioned by 10-13 year olds. That is pretty old, considering Melissa Gilbert was 8! So, I wonder if the plot takes place when she's a little older, of if perhaps they just want to cast an older girl who 'looks' younger.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 2:57 pm

Dave, do you have a link to an article about any of this? I'd love to read more! Thumbsup 

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 11:00 am

Amy wrote:
Dave, do you have a link to an article about any of this?  I'd love to read more! Thumbsup 

Talked about this last year. Just Google little house movie sony and all the articles will come up.....They are just casting now, so not much imfo about the content. One sure bet, there will be a lot of criticism no matter what they do.........God himself could produce one and not everyone will be happy. I suppose that it could follow the books more closely since Ed Friendly's son is producing. Ed Friendly and Michael had a real falling out over the TV series. Friendly wanted to follow the books more and Michael wouldn't have it, under the grounds that they were just too dark.  

We'll see...................

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 11:36 am

This is interesting....have heard people are disappointed already.....  scratchead 
Little House Casting

House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 Rhonda10House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 11:53 am

Rhonda wrote:
This is interesting....have heard people are disappointed already.....  scratchead 
Little House Casting

Disappointed already and they haven't shot the first scene! Cannot win in that business! Just hope Laura has freckles or the end of the world will be upon us!

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 12:00 pm

People are making comments about not wanting things changed, keep it like it originally aired....Ummm, hellooooo.....Michael Landon changed a LOT of things....haha  Here is the Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum Face Book Page for anyone on facebook....you can read the comments there....   Thumbsup 

Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum Face Book Page

Prepare for Audition Click on "Audition Scene" and read.  scratchead 

House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 Rhonda10House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 12:20 pm

Yep, good point Rhonda.....not wanting to change things can have many meanings. Depends on what you are changing! Maybe what you are changing has already been changed! It goes on and on!

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Mood : House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 3:18 pm

Wow! That shall be interesting....

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Toby
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Toby

Number of posts : 239

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 5:11 am

It would be nice if they made movies based on some of the other books in the series instead of constantly redoing the same book. I don't see what they can add that the pilot or Disney's 6 hour mini-series didn't cover.
Back to top Go down
https://littlehousebluray.wordpress.com/
Toby
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Toby

Number of posts : 239

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 7:16 am

I don't blame Michael for doing the series the way he did. If he had been asked to follow the books and make several tv movies or mini-series I'm sure he would have but he was asked to make a tv series with approximately 24 hour long epsodes per season and have it get good ratings. People have different concepts of what original is like thinking the tv series instead of the books is the original Little House. Another example is the recent blu-ray/dvd release. Some people think the original is the quality they are used to seeing from 30 year old video tape and don't like that it was messed with even though all they did was use the original 35 mm film for the new release.
Back to top Go down
https://littlehousebluray.wordpress.com/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 8:23 am

Yeah... Good points.

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: LHOTP MOVIE   House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 12:26 pm

Sony eyed Angelina Jolie, Tom Cruise for 'Little House on the Prairie' lead roles, leaked emails reveal

Off-screen drama surrounding the proposed big-screen adaptation of "Little House on the Prairie" was revealed in internal Sony emails published by WikiLeaks.

Imagine "Little House on the Prairie" made into a movie — now imagine it with A-list action stars.

Super producer Scott Rudin was super passionate about the project last summer and suggested megastars Angelina Jolie and Tom Cruise for the iconic roles of Ma and Pa Ingalls, according to hacked Sony emails published by WikiLeaks.

Jolie entertained the offer but ultimately declined in a polite email to Rudin and ex-Sony exec Amy Pascal last July.

"I love Little House but don't think I am the best person to do it," Jolie wrote. "You have a very special project and a brilliant script and I am beyond grateful you would give me a chance to consider it."

The rejection came after Rudin secretly called Jolie a "spoiled brat" in an earlier email to Pascal.

Rudin, whose credits include "The Social Network" and "No Country for Old Men," also suggested Amy Adams, Charlize Theron, Reese Witherspoon, Naomi Watts, Jessica Chastain and Rachel McAdams for the role, according to another June 2014 email.

He liked the idea of Tom Cruise as Charles "Pa" Ingalls so much, he reached out to Cruise's agent Kevin Huvane.

"Great part, superb script. Is it nuts? Nothing like anything he's done," Rudin wrote to Huvane. "Think would be a huge hit for him --- for real."

Huvane said he loved the idea and agreed to look at the script.

Hugh Jackman and Mark Ruffalo were mentioned as other possible lead actors in other Sony emails related to the project and published on WikiLeaks.

Now almost a year later, the movie remains in early development, according to an online database that tracks Hollywood projects.

Filmmaker David Gordon Green was named as the director in an Entertainment Weekly report in January, but Sean Durkin — who directed the critically acclaimed 2011 thriller "Martha Marcy May Marlene" — is now set to helm, according to IMDBpro.com.

In one email last August, Pascal warned Rudin that studio financing would depend on getting a major star to take a pay cut for the flick.

"The green light is gonna be contingent on our success in landing a hugh jackman Amy Adams, Reece Witherspoon tom cruize sized fish… So let's go get one of these actors quick," she wrote.

The movie would be based on Laura Ingalls Wilder's series of novels about her family's life on the prairies of the Midwest starting in the late 19th century.

The beloved material was adapted into the wildly popular 1970s TV series "Little House on the Prairie" that starred Melissa Gilbert as Laura Ingalls and Michael Landon as her dad.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 3:11 pm

Hmm. Wounder what will come of this

Back to top Go down
MankatoJoe
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
MankatoJoe

Number of posts : 419
Mood : House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 7:30 am

Mark Ruffalo would be good as Pa, I think. A very good actor.
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 3:32 pm

Tom Cruise might be OK. But I actually think Hugh Jackman would work out the best with who was listed.

I am really, REALLY NOT fond of who they were considering for Caroline. Not at all. If they want one "name", let it be whoever is going to be Charles. There are really no known actresses that would fit the part. At least I don't think so. At least I don't think with who they've named there.

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   House - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Little House on the Prairie movie back in development
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next