Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River

Go down 
+4
Rhonda
Lily
bethandmanly
Teresa
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River Happy010

Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River Empty
PostSubject: Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River   Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River EmptyWed Aug 01, 2007 9:01 pm

Hello!
I haven't been able to check in for awhile, but found some time this evening. At around 6:00 this evening, one of our main bridges in Minneapolis, near downtown, collapsed over the Mississippi River. It's quite a scene, and a tragic one at that. About 200,000 cars go over that bridge every day. We're not sure what caused it to collapse yet, but it's just crazy around here. I couldn't imagine being on that bridge tonight as it was happening.
On a lighter note, things are going well here. My son, Shane, is now 7 months old. I can't believe how fast the time has gone! He's quite a big boy. He's going to be tall, just like his dad. My daughter, Emily, turned 4 a couple of weeks ago. It's been a busy summer.
I hope everyone is doing well, and having a wonderful summer!!

Teresa

Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River   Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River EmptyWed Aug 01, 2007 9:16 pm

Hey Teresa,

It's good to hear from you again. I just read about this on the news. How awful! My hubby says I'm silly to be scared of tunnel and bridge collapses, but they do happen.

I can't believe the baby is already 7 months old. The time goes so quickly. I can remember bringing my son home from the hospital and he turned 20 in May. Yikes!

I'm glad everything is going well. Thanks for checking in.

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River   Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River EmptyWed Aug 01, 2007 9:36 pm

OMG Teresa!!! How are you? We miss you around here. I'm so glad you made your appearance tonight. :woohooo: How time flies, can't believe Shane will be almost one!!! Shane and Emily are so cute and adorable!!!

I saw this on the news tonight. How tragic!! I just can't imagine. I always have the fear whenever I drive under the overpass, hope they don't collapse on me.

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River   Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River EmptyWed Aug 01, 2007 9:44 pm

that is sooo sad
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River   Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River EmptyThu Aug 02, 2007 7:38 am

Teresa, glad to see you posting again. I understand about being busy. I can't believe Shane is 7 months already, I still have the pics you sent when he was a fews weeks old. Happy birthday to Emily and glad things are going well. Pop in more often! grinsmiley

Scary about the bridge, Arkansas had a bridge collapse after a barge struck it. It was right on the Arkansas/Oklahoma border in the town I work in. This was over a year ago and I don't think I have been over that bridge since then. It's a scary thing. :unsure:

Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River Rhonda10Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River   Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River EmptyThu Aug 02, 2007 9:13 am

My husband just e-mailed me from work and told me that the girlfriend of one of his employees was on the bridge last night when it collapsed. Her car fell about 30 feet, but I don't think she went into the river. Thankfully she is going to be okay. Wow!! How terrified she must have been! I wonder how many other people I know were on or near that bridge last night before it collapsed?

Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538

PostSubject: Re: Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River   Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River EmptyThu Aug 02, 2007 10:39 am

yeah i was on my way home from church and i heard about it! that iss soo sad! my om and dad are going to Pittsburgh tonite! and the have alot of bridges i have never been fond of them though! well ii am praying for all those familys that have lost loved ones!
~*emilyanne*~

Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River Cute-2
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River   Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River EmptyThu Aug 02, 2007 10:50 am

Glad you and your family are doing okay Teresa Wave Wow, I can't believe your son is almost going to be one. You have great kids. :sillySmiley:

About the bridge, I saw that on the news... that is so terrible... I feel sad for the people who experienced it.... I think I heard that 7 people died....

Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River   Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River EmptyThu Aug 02, 2007 10:53 am

I read that the death count was lowered to 4 confirmed deaths from 7. 4 too many, but better than 7. No

Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River Rhonda10Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River   Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 7:47 pm

This is very upsetting. I was so shocked when I read about this!!bawling I pray for those involved.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538

PostSubject: Re: Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River   Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 8:14 pm

wow 4 deaths in the paper they said something like the state or someone said that someting was wrong with it!

Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River Cute-2
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River   Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 7:20 pm

I will pray for the victims...What a sad new... bawling No

Vanesa.

Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River   Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River Empty

Back to top Go down

Minneapolis bridge collapses over Mississippi River
Page 1 of 1