Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Catching up and Bridge Collapse

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : Catching up and Bridge Collapse Happy010

Catching up and Bridge Collapse Empty
PostSubject: Catching up and Bridge Collapse   Catching up and Bridge Collapse EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 12:04 am

Hi everyone. Hope you're all doing well! I'm sure you all know about the tragedy we went through here in Miami. As you can see, I'm okay...so is my family, Thank God. So many families here, however, have lost loved ones, and it's been a difficult few days here. Exactly a month and a day after the Parkland shootings! Not a good year for Florida so far.

As for me...I've been okay. I don't think you know this yet (maybe just a couple of you who are Facebook friends). I lost my job with the cruise line in September. After 25 years, they let me go because they are moving my department to Manila. I was part of the first group let go; however, I'm still getting severance pay (and my health insurance) 'til August 31st. The job search is getting exhausting though. Tired of interviews and getting nowhere. I'm also a bit rusty, as being 25 years in the same company, I haven't had to do this in a very, long time! Businesses are getting very picky too. It's so difficult. But I'm trying to keep the faith and I know I will find something before August.

Marital status is the same. I've finally learned to accept that, and have just given up on finding love. It's not meant for me. And that's okay. There are worse things in life. Some people are meant to stay single, and I'm one of them.

Mom is going through difficult times as well. It's tough being a caretaker for her, and in a way, I'm glad I have this time off to care for her. However, I need to work soon, and it will be hard for her when I do.

Sorry I've been so out of touch; part of the reason is because for the longest time it was hard for me to get back in here...password problems, etc. I even created a second account, but glad I was able to come back to this one. As you can see, a lot going on in my life, so the only social media I've been getting into is Facebook. But I haven't forgotten this group and the fun times I've had in here. I'm glad to see this group is still going strong!

Not everything has been bad; I have been doing okay. I had a nice mini-vacation in NYC this past December with Mom. That was fun. Also, I gave her Frankie Valli concert tickets for Christmas, and we went to the show last month. She really enjoyed it, and we had a fabulous time! It's great to see Mom so happy...that's rare nowadays. I think I was the youngest person in the audience though! Haha, just kidding. I think.

Anyhow, that's it for now. May God Bless You all, and enjoy the rest of your weekend/week!!

Love,
Julie

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Catching up and Bridge Collapse Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Catching up and Bridge Collapse   Catching up and Bridge Collapse EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 3:18 pm

Hi, Jules!  I'm sorry you're going through some rough times.  No

I saw some dashcam footage of the bridge collapse.  Terrifying!  The really scary thing is that there was a school bus just a couple of car lengths away from it. thud
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

PostSubject: Re: Catching up and Bridge Collapse   Catching up and Bridge Collapse EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 9:55 pm

Hi Rob! I know! That was so scary!!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Catching up and Bridge Collapse Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Catching up and Bridge Collapse   Catching up and Bridge Collapse EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 9:43 pm

Hi Julie,

Thanks for checking in with us and updating us on everything. I pray your job search is successful. I'm caregiver for my in-laws, so I sympathize with what you're going through. NYC is a fun trip and I'm glad you two enjoyed the concert.

Hope to see you around here more often.

Hugs and prayers,

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

PostSubject: Re: Catching up and Bridge Collapse   Catching up and Bridge Collapse EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 9:45 pm

Thanks Cheryl! It's good to be back!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Catching up and Bridge Collapse   Catching up and Bridge Collapse Empty

Back to top Go down

Catching up and Bridge Collapse
Page 1 of 1