Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Diana Rigg 1938-2020

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : Diana Rigg 1938-2020 Bokmal10

Diana Rigg 1938-2020 Empty
PostSubject: Diana Rigg 1938-2020   Diana Rigg 1938-2020 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2020 5:33 am

Diana Rigg, Star of 'The Avengers' and 'Game of Thrones,' Dies at 82.

Diana Rigg 1938-2020 Diana_10

A veteran of the stage and a sixties icon, she also portrayed the wife of James Bond in 'On Her Majesty's Secret Service.'
Diana Rigg, the Emmy- and Tony-winning British actress who vaulted to international fame in the 1960s with her performance as the seductive spy Emma Peel on The Avengers, then gained a new following decades later as the cunning Lady Olenna Tyrell on Game of Thrones, died Thursday. She was 82.

Rigg was diagnosed with cancer in March, according to her daughter Rachael Stirling, who said she had "spent her last months joyfully reflecting on her extraordinary life, full of love, laughter and a deep pride in her profession. I will miss her beyond words."

"It is with tremendous sadness that we announce that Dame Diana Rigg died peacefully early this morning. She was at home with her family who have asked for privacy at this difficult time," added her agent Simon Beresford. "Dame Diana was an icon of theatre, film, and television. She was the recipient of BAFTA, Emmy, Tony and Evening Standard Awards for her work on stage and screen. Dame Diana was a much loved and admired member of her profession, a force of nature who loved her work and her fellow actors. She will be greatly missed."

Rigg also played the ill-fated Bond girl Tracy di Vicenzo opposite 007 actor George Lazenby in On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969).

As the third of four female sidekicks to Patrick Macnee's dapper John Steed on ITV's The Avengers, Rigg's Peel became an icon in England and the U.S. The show centered on the duo — Steed with a bowler hat and umbrella, Peel in cutting-edge mod fashions — working as partners for a secret British intelligence agency in an over-the-top, sometimes surrealist England.

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down

Diana Rigg 1938-2020
Page 1 of 1