Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just another reason to love little house

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dantucker
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Dantucker

Number of posts : 12

Just another reason to love little house  Empty
PostSubject: Just another reason to love little house    Just another reason to love little house  EmptyMon Sep 16, 2024 5:34 am

I’ve thought about this for sometime now but just now putting it out there. I’m definitely no writer or wordsmith and I’m sure someone could say this better and have more facts, BUT…
With the exception of a dedicated channel like hallmark, can you think of any prime time shows on the big three abc-cbs-nbc that has had a show set in early 18-1900’s with a good moral base to it since little house? Tv has really changed since my youth. I was born in 1974 and it’s not just because that’s when I was born, but I do believe that was the beginning of the end for quality content on tv.
Tv today is which dude is gonna kiss which dude on tonight’s episode or something like that. I don’t agree with it but live and let live, I’m not gonna stand outside with a sign. You have had some decent cable shows like maybe Yellowstone, of which I’ve not seen, idk, maybe others can say no Mr Dan ur wrong, this show and that one was awesome. I’ll gladly stand corrected. I think mat lock was a decent show but more for the older crowd, idk, I think western style stuff just seems dead. They did really do a lot back in 50’s and 60’s, most every show was western style.
Do you think a new style of little house on prairie would do hood these days? Maybe something similar set in 1800’s with trains and hobos, adventure with kids and their dog, maybe I’m just behind times and sorta stuck in early 80’s, heck I didn’t even like the weirdness and new age stuff of the 80’s, the only reason I liked back to the future mostly was because he went back to the 50’s lol. I guess the television of our youth is dead and gone, they’re remaking every show imaginable maybe a new lhotp would actually do quite well but idk. Even as a child of 6-12 I felt like I wasn’t in the right era, I just feel like 1874 would have been my first choice in a birthday but I’m just rambling. lol.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21215
Mood : Just another reason to love little house  Purple2

Just another reason to love little house  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just another reason to love little house    Just another reason to love little house  EmptyMon Sep 16, 2024 9:37 am

I found this article which might help out as far as shows go...How they put Love Boat in there is beyond me since the passengers seem to be room-hopping the entire time... Yikes The list is pre-LHOTP and post-LHOTP but still a good list! If you get channels like COZI TV, METV, ANTENNA TV, GRIT, Rewind TV, etc., they air retro shows all the time.

Shows Like Little House On The Prairie

Just another reason to love little house  Rhonda10Just another reason to love little house  Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down

Just another reason to love little house
Page 1 of 1