Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Here's hoping for a better week

Go down 
+7
emilyanneoftheprairie
Rhonda
Rob
Carol
Vanesa
bethandmanly
Savannah
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Here's hoping for a better week Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Here's hoping for a better week Happy010

Here's hoping for a better week Empty
PostSubject: Here's hoping for a better week   Here's hoping for a better week EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 10:32 pm

Last week was one of those weeks when - if it were safe to do - a person would ask "What ELSE could happen??". But, of course, that's not safe to do........because the ugly answer is always more than willing to respond. My Mom had to have unexpected dental surgery, and during the procedure, her blood pressure shot to 188 over 120. ( OhMy ) The doctors had to double the dosage of heart/blood pressure meds that she's on - and it still only brought it down to 145 over 112. Next, my oldest brother woke up with his right side numb, he couldn't see out of his right eye, and was dizzy. He called me up to visit with me, and mentioned his symptoms, and I quietly freaked. He had a "mild" heart attack several years ago.......and he's been working so hard, with little sleep. . . . All I could envision was a heart attack or stroke just waiting to happen. So, he let my Dad drive him to the ER, and the doctors told him there's a problem with the Q wave in his heart. (THEN - he found out today that his regular doctor had found this problem three YEARS ago, but failed to mention it to him!) Then, a precious couple who I've known since I was three, is moving across the state. I tried so hard not to cry Sunday - it was their last Sunday at our church, and we've gone to church together for years and years........I couldn't stop the tears, though. I just love them so much. They're in their late 70s, and are so absolutely precious. She told me that when they were first married, they had almost no money. By the time Thursday night came around, they'd be down to just eggs in the house. So she'd make scrambled eggs for supper, and he'd say "Mmmmmmm....these are the best eggs I've EVER tasted! Honey....you're the best cook in the world". *sniff* Isn't that sweet?? They still hold hands.....he holds the door open for her when she enters a building, and opens her car door for her...........So sweet......
And, I ended up with a bruised eye *would roll eyes.....but it hurts too much* :Hahaha: .......... but compared to my brother's heart trouble, Mom's blood pressure problems, and my dear friends moving ACROSS the STATE.......that's nothing. LOL! So anyway..........here's hoping for a relatively boring week. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Here's hoping for a better week Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Here's hoping for a better week   Here's hoping for a better week EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 11:42 pm

Well Savannah, you certainly have your hands full over there. I hope everything works out. I'll be praying for all of you. And I'll even ask for a less eventful week.

{{HUGS}}

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Here's hoping for a better week Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Here's hoping for a better week   Here's hoping for a better week EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 12:00 am

My, Savannah..What a week! I was through this some two years ago and I was scared always thinking what else would happen... No So, I know what are you going through...I will be prying for you all, dear...Hope things will be allright for your family and friends. ☮

Vanesa.

Here's hoping for a better week Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Here's hoping for a better week   Here's hoping for a better week EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 12:38 am

Wow... I hope the rest of your week IS quieter....
How are your mom and brother doing?
Oh my gosh, that couple you describe sound sooooo sweet! Love

Here's hoping for a better week Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Here's hoping for a better week Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Here's hoping for a better week   Here's hoping for a better week EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 7:50 am

Poor Savannah! grouphug
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Here's hoping for a better week   Here's hoping for a better week EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 11:39 am

Carol wrote:
Wow... I hope the rest of your week IS quieter....
How are your mom and brother doing?
Oh my gosh, that couple you describe sound sooooo sweet! Love

My Mom is doing some better. Her blood pressure is still too high, but it's better than it was. The doctors figure that the stress of what's going on with the children isn't helping her any. My brother is going in for an echo stress test, and they're going to see what can be done to help him. He's tired all the time. But he doesn't usually go numb on one side! That certainly scared us all. His job is being phased out (to Mexico) in three weeks, too. But he's doing better than he was Friday, at least!

And thank you for the prayers! I know that prayer helps.

Last edited by on Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Here's hoping for a better week Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Here's hoping for a better week   Here's hoping for a better week EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 11:55 am

Wow Savannah, I truly pray that things get better for you and your family. Believe me, been there, done that. I am sure things will be alright, just glad everyone is getting checked out. Now, about that bruise on your eye?!? :think:

Here's hoping for a better week Rhonda10Here's hoping for a better week Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538

PostSubject: Re: Here's hoping for a better week   Here's hoping for a better week EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 12:24 pm

*hugs* well i hope every thing is going okay for you Savanah! how did u get a black eye?

Here's hoping for a better week Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Here's hoping for a better week Cute-2
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Here's hoping for a better week   Here's hoping for a better week EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 6:52 pm

It isn't exactly a black eye. It's a bruise directly in the eye, and then mild bruising underneath - kind of like a really dark circle under the eye. Easily covered with makeup. Cool It's nothing - it'll be fine in a few days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's hoping for a better week   Here's hoping for a better week EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 7:02 pm

What a week.:faint2: I hope the rest of the week goes better for you.happy1
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Here's hoping for a better week LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Here's hoping for a better week Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Here's hoping for a better week   Here's hoping for a better week EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 7:28 pm

Oh Savannah, you poor thing. {{{ HUG }}} When it rains, it always pours. There's no strength when there's no struggle. Better weeks are coming!!

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Here's hoping for a better week   Here's hoping for a better week EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 7:29 pm

Thank you. Love
Back to top Go down
LHFanForever
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
LHFanForever

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: Here's hoping for a better week   Here's hoping for a better week EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 7:29 pm

I hope you have a great rest of the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remember God never gives you to much you can't handle. (or something like that not sure of the wording) LOL

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : Here's hoping for a better week Xmassm4

PostSubject: Re: Here's hoping for a better week   Here's hoping for a better week EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 7:31 pm

Here's hoping the rest of your week goes MUCH better!grouphug
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Here's hoping for a better week   Here's hoping for a better week EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 7:32 pm

LHFanForever wrote:
I hope you have a great rest of the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remember God never gives you to much you can't handle. (or something like that not sure of the wording) LOL

I've heard that God never gives us more than we can handle........I just wish He didn't trust me quite so much. :sillySmiley:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's hoping for a better week   Here's hoping for a better week EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 8:17 pm

Savannah wrote:
LHFanForever wrote:

I've heard that God never gives us more than we can handle........I just wish He didn't trust me quite so much. :sillySmiley:

Aww....I hope things start to go better for you~!!!

"I've heard that God never gives us more than we can handle........I just wish He didn't trust me quite so much."

LOL, Yeah.
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : Here's hoping for a better week Party010

PostSubject: Re: Here's hoping for a better week   Here's hoping for a better week EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 8:58 pm

Savannah wrote:
It isn't exactly a black eye. It's a bruise directly in the eye, and then mild bruising underneath - kind of like a really dark circle under the eye. Easily covered with makeup. Cool It's nothing - it'll be fine in a few days.

Whenever I get a black eye, I tell people my wife beat me.:shifty:
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Here's hoping for a better week   Here's hoping for a better week EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 10:01 pm

flatbroke wrote:
Savannah wrote:

Whenever I get a black eye, I tell people my wife beat me.:shifty:

I don't think that would work for me. Nobody here knows your wife. batEyes

If anybody does ask how I got the bruise, I can always answer "Well.....you see . . . . tiny blood vessels break near the skin's surface, allowing a small amount of blood to leak out under the skin. . . ." batEyes
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Here's hoping for a better week Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Here's hoping for a better week   Here's hoping for a better week EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 7:13 am

Savannah wrote:

Funniest line of the week! :woohooo:
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Here's hoping for a better week   Here's hoping for a better week EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 9:57 am

Rob wrote:
Savannah wrote:

Funniest line of the week! :woohooo:

Aren'tcha kind......aren'tcha kind!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here's hoping for a better week   Here's hoping for a better week Empty

Back to top Go down

Here's hoping for a better week
Page 1 of 1