Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Please say some prayers for my young nephew

Go down 
+5
Lily
GrandDuchessOlga
Rob
Vanesa
HarrisonCrosby4387
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Please say some prayers for my young nephew Happy011

Please say some prayers for my young nephew Empty
PostSubject: Please say some prayers for my young nephew   Please say some prayers for my young nephew EmptyFri Aug 31, 2007 6:23 pm

My nephew Matthew is about 12 or 13 years old and he has a blood clot that goes from him knee to his pelvis. bawling He fell down some steps. My sister and her husband took him to the hospital and that's when they found out. They are not sure if it was from the fall or that it's a blood disease.bawling If it's a blood disease he might be on Coumadin, (Warfarin) a blood thinner, for the rest of his life! Usually older people are on that. I have a few adults including my dad who is on that. If you get the smallest little cut you can bleed to death.bawling I couldn't bare to loose another nephew again.bawling It would just tear me up. He is the sweetest kid. He was born a couple months premature, was very small, and only has one kidney. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Please pray that it's nothing to serious.

The poor kid's life is all about skateboarding and dirtbiking and he will never be able to do that again if he has to go on Coumadin.No

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Please say some prayers for my young nephew Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Please say some prayers for my young nephew   Please say some prayers for my young nephew EmptyFri Aug 31, 2007 7:17 pm

Don't worry. I'll pray for him. All will be all right! :alright:

Vanesa.

Please say some prayers for my young nephew Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : Please say some prayers for my young nephew Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Please say some prayers for my young nephew   Please say some prayers for my young nephew EmptyFri Aug 31, 2007 7:28 pm

I'll say a prayer for him, Beckie, but it may not be that bad if he has to go on Coumadin. My mom has been on it for ten years and she's never had any problems. It thins her blood, but not to the point that it doesn't clot at all if she starts bleeding. She's cut herself lots of times, and there was never any excessive bleeding.
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Please say some prayers for my young nephew   Please say some prayers for my young nephew EmptyFri Aug 31, 2007 8:24 pm

Well that's good to hear. My mom is talking to my sister about him now. He is in the hospital and is being giving Heparin in his stomach. The docs said he might have to have it injected into his stomach for the rest of his life too. No He's been sleeping mostly right now.

Thanks guys. :)

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please say some prayers for my young nephew   Please say some prayers for my young nephew EmptyFri Aug 31, 2007 9:21 pm

Aww....poor Matthew. I will keep him in my thoughts. Poor kid.
Back to top Go down
GrandDuchessOlga
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
GrandDuchessOlga

Number of posts : 404

PostSubject: Re: Please say some prayers for my young nephew   Please say some prayers for my young nephew EmptySat Sep 01, 2007 7:23 am

OMG how sad... that poor kid. I will definately pray for him and the whole family... Is it the same disease as a bleeder has? Hope it´s okay me asking this..

Please say some prayers for my young nephew Audrey
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : Please say some prayers for my young nephew Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Please say some prayers for my young nephew   Please say some prayers for my young nephew EmptySat Sep 01, 2007 9:38 am

Anja, I'll bet you're thinking of hemophilia, like Alexei Romanov had.

It sounds like maybe Beckie's nephew has just the opposite problem - blood that clots too readily rather than too slowly. That's what my mother had. She developed a blood clot in her abdomen, and now has to take Coumadin as an ongoing treatment. She's fine now. The medication hasn't affected her life at all, and I'm guessing it will probably work just as well for Beckie's nephew. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Please say some prayers for my young nephew LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Please say some prayers for my young nephew Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Please say some prayers for my young nephew   Please say some prayers for my young nephew EmptySat Sep 01, 2007 9:43 am

Awww Beckie, I'm so sorry to hear about your nephew. I will pray for him. (((HUG)))

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
GrandDuchessOlga
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
GrandDuchessOlga

PostSubject: Re: Please say some prayers for my young nephew   Please say some prayers for my young nephew EmptySat Sep 01, 2007 11:51 am

Rob wrote:
Anja, I'll bet you're thinking of hemophilia, like Alexei Romanov had.

It sounds like maybe Beckie's nephew has just the opposite problem - blood that clots too readily rather than too slowly. That's what my mother had. She developed a blood clot in her abdomen, and now has to take Coumadin as an ongoing treatment. She's fine now. The medication hasn't affected her life at all, and I'm guessing it will probably work just as well for Beckie's nephew. Thumbsup

Yes that´s what I was thinking of... with hemophilia it also takes just a little scratch to kill you. But I´m not familiar with English medical terms and didn´t want to look it all up in my dictionary so therefore I "misunderstood" it... But I understand it now. either way, it´s still as sad

Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Please say some prayers for my young nephew   Please say some prayers for my young nephew EmptySat Sep 01, 2007 5:27 pm

Thanks for you kind words everyone. :) I am going to see him tonight at the hospital.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Please say some prayers for my young nephew   Please say some prayers for my young nephew EmptySat Sep 01, 2007 8:02 pm

I went to see him tonight. He seems in pretty good spirits. His leg is swollen and black an blue. He is not allowed to get out of bed and walk. They have him on morphine right now.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please say some prayers for my young nephew   Please say some prayers for my young nephew EmptySat Sep 01, 2007 8:30 pm

The poor guy. I hope he is feeling better soon. My thoughts and prayers are with you guys.grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Please say some prayers for my young nephew   Please say some prayers for my young nephew EmptySun Sep 02, 2007 11:28 am

Thanks Susie. grinsmiley

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
GrandDuchessOlga
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
GrandDuchessOlga

PostSubject: Re: Please say some prayers for my young nephew   Please say some prayers for my young nephew EmptySun Sep 02, 2007 1:40 pm

It always seems so unfair that a child have to go through something like this... I just hope it won´t ruin his spirit Wink

Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538
Mood : Please say some prayers for my young nephew Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Please say some prayers for my young nephew   Please say some prayers for my young nephew EmptySun Sep 02, 2007 4:03 pm

oh i'm very sorry i will be praying for him BEckie

Please say some prayers for my young nephew Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Please say some prayers for my young nephew Cute-2
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Please say some prayers for my young nephew   Please say some prayers for my young nephew EmptySun Sep 02, 2007 4:35 pm

Thanks Emily.

His spirits seemed to be up last night. Cool

There is a nine month old baby sharing his room. The poor little guy is waiting for a liver transplant! Blue His skin is very yellow. I am so worried about him as well. He has the biggest most beautiful eyes. Please pray for him as well.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Please say some prayers for my young nephew   Please say some prayers for my young nephew EmptySun Sep 02, 2007 6:51 pm

I will pray for your nephew and for the baby too...I think that your nephew will improve, but the little one worries me a lot. Liver problems at that age are not so easy to cure. No

TO GRANDUCHESSOLGA: In fact, hemophilia can't kill a person for a simple scratch. And there is three hemophilia levels too. Just go to:

www.hemophilia.org

www.hemophilia.com

These two sites have a lot of info about the disease as it was in the past, and as it is treated now. Oh..by the way: Do you know that an Argentinian Independence Warrior, Don Martín Miguel de Güemes was hemophiliac? His story is very interesting...But I didn't know there was an illness who was entirely opposite to hemophilia! :unsure:

Vanesa-

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please say some prayers for my young nephew   Please say some prayers for my young nephew EmptySun Sep 02, 2007 10:31 pm

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.so sad..will pray for him..This makes my problems seem so silly..I hope he get's better
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Please say some prayers for my young nephew   Please say some prayers for my young nephew EmptyTue Sep 04, 2007 5:26 pm

Aww, thanks. :) Yes just remember, there is always somone out there that have a worse life than us.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Please say some prayers for my young nephew   Please say some prayers for my young nephew EmptyTue Sep 04, 2007 7:43 pm

I'll keep him in my prayers Beckie, sorry I didn't see this post til now!

How is he doing today?

Please say some prayers for my young nephew ChristinaKeeper2 Please say some prayers for my young nephew 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Please say some prayers for my young nephew   Please say some prayers for my young nephew EmptyTue Sep 04, 2007 8:01 pm

It's ok, thanks. :)

So far is is still doing the same. Blue Luckily at Children's Hospital, parents can stay with their kids.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please say some prayers for my young nephew   Please say some prayers for my young nephew EmptyTue Sep 04, 2007 9:27 pm

hope he gets better
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Please say some prayers for my young nephew   Please say some prayers for my young nephew EmptyTue Sep 04, 2007 11:26 pm

Keeps us updated about him and the baby, please... Blue

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Please say some prayers for my young nephew   Please say some prayers for my young nephew EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 7:50 pm

I have no news on the little baby but I will for sure ask about the little doll. My nephew's clot has gotten softer. He will be going for physical therapy soon. He was able to get up in his wheel chair. Small inprovement, but still great to know.Cool

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Please say some prayers for my young nephew   Please say some prayers for my young nephew EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 5:38 pm

My nephew might be coming home today!grinsmiley They were supposed to take a CT scan and judge by that.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please say some prayers for my young nephew   Please say some prayers for my young nephew Empty

Back to top Go down

Please say some prayers for my young nephew
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next