Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Never been so scared!

Go down 
+8
Lori
charles ingalls
Carol
Savannah
Lily
JW
Rhonda
pamh36
12 posters
AuthorMessage
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

Never been so scared! Empty
PostSubject: Never been so scared!   Never been so scared! EmptyThu Sep 27, 2007 9:29 am

Last night the kids and I were visiting at my parents house. My dad has scooters (electric and gas), for the kids to ride when they come over. The kids and my dad went outside and my mom and I were inside, chatting and watching game shows.

The next thing I knew, Devin (my son) came inside frantic. He said two teens came up to him and stole the scooter he was riding, pulling a gun on him; and that my dad took off after the kids. I was scared and panicked over what he just told me, on top of worrying about my dad getting shot by one of the kids if he found them and confronted them.

I couldn't even think straight, for whatever reason I was trying to find a phone book to call the police, when it dawned on me, "Hello! Call 911. Someone just pulled a gun on your kid." So, I called and they wanted to talk to Devin to get the details and all this time I am picturing my dad shot and bleeding at the side of the road. Your mind works in all crazy ways when you are worried like that. So, I was going to leave the kids with my mom and go and see if I could find my dads car. Before I even got to my car, the police were already there.

About that time my dad's neighbors pulled up and I told them what happened and they went and looked for my dad. Thankfully, because I really felt like I needed to be with Devin. I was so torn.

I could care less about the scooter. And I am so thankful Devin didn't get hurt, didn't put up any kind of fight and that he just gave up the scooter and ran. Which is what I have always told him to do. What I am angry about is how kids are out there walking around with guns, doing things like this. Devin's sense of feeling safe is all messed up. He slept on the floor of my bedroom last night (he's 13). And while he enjoys riding his bike back and forth to school (with friends), he was too afraid to do that today. I am certain that he won't feel safe riding scooters at my dad's house anymore. I just really don't know what the world is coming to.

Never been so scared! PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Never been so scared! Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Never been so scared!   Never been so scared! EmptyThu Sep 27, 2007 10:07 am

:alright: OH PAM!!!! How AWFUL!!! I am so glad Devin and your dad are alright. It seems that nothing is sacred anymore and no one is safe. I hope they find the kids and handle the situation instead of slapping them on the wrist and letting them go. Kids these days have no respect whatsoever. No

Never been so scared! Rhonda10Never been so scared! Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Never been so scared! Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Never been so scared!   Never been so scared! EmptyThu Sep 27, 2007 10:27 am

That is just Plaine Sily They Probally Stole the Gun too Just a Coupel a Weeks here near me maybe 5 minutes off from our house theres is a Little Vilage and a 16 Year Old shot himself then you really wonder what he was thinking but he had left a Note it had said i Love you Guys and I'm going to better Place that is just so Sad maybe the Parents did't even teach him that Suside is not the right anwser

Never been so scared! Jacobk10Never been so scared! Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Never been so scared! LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Never been so scared! Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Never been so scared!   Never been so scared! EmptyThu Sep 27, 2007 11:05 am

(((Pam))) I am so glad your Dad and Devin are ok. It's a sickening feeling when you have been violated.

Yesterday a crazed gunman was caught on one of our local colleges. The campus was locked down for almost 3 hours. Thankfully no one got hurt due to the new emergency alert system that was set up just 2 weeks ago. It requires students and staff to subscribe to the voicemails and text messages in life threatening situations.

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Never been so scared! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Never been so scared! Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Never been so scared!   Never been so scared! EmptyThu Sep 27, 2007 11:53 am

Oh Pam!! How terribly frightening! What a blessing that nobody was hurt. I'm so glad that the police took it seriously and came right over. Your family will be in my prayers for healing after such a terrible fright. Especially your son.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Never been so scared!   Never been so scared! EmptyThu Sep 27, 2007 12:45 pm

awww,thats so scarey iam glad ur dad and ur son is fine...
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Never been so scared!   Never been so scared! EmptyThu Sep 27, 2007 6:39 pm

Wow Pam, what a scary experience. I'm glad that nobody was hurt. It's normal for your son to feel this way now... he will feel better in time.

Never been so scared! Horses10
Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

Number of posts : 2009

PostSubject: Re: Never been so scared!   Never been so scared! EmptyThu Sep 27, 2007 7:03 pm

sorry to hear that pam

Never been so scared! GARYKEEPER
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Never been so scared!   Never been so scared! EmptyThu Sep 27, 2007 8:24 pm

Wow, I'm sure that was frightening for all involved. I'm glad no one was hurt. Hopefully they will catch the kids who did this. I hope Devin gets over this quickly.

Never been so scared! Lorike10
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Never been so scared!   Never been so scared! EmptyThu Sep 27, 2007 10:28 pm

Oh Pam, that's terrible! How could anyone do something like that to another person?! It makes no sense, where are these kids' parents at to teach them right from wrong? Where do they get access to guns? I really feel that the world is getting worse every day. I'm just so glad that your son and father are okay; you will all be in my prayers!

Never been so scared! ChristinaKeeper2 Never been so scared! 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Never been so scared! Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Never been so scared!   Never been so scared! EmptyFri Sep 28, 2007 12:08 am

I'm frozen reading it, Pam...What a sad, caring experience for your family. I know I repeating myself, but I think we are living in a very wrong world. Values are upside down and nobody seems to stop these teens. They are too politically correct to do so...And maybe what these teens are looking for is lainly for the discipline that these irresponsible grown ups, and the authorities, refuses to give them...

I will not pray for you and your dad and son, for you are not a bad person, nor your family. I will pray for those bad teens who needs, more than anyone, the love of God and a guide in this life.

We are so wrong nowadays... No

Vanesa.

Never been so scared! Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Never been so scared!   Never been so scared! EmptyFri Sep 28, 2007 7:07 am

I'm sorry to hear about this Pam. What a scary and awful experience for your poor son. It is unbelieveable what the world is coming to these days. I'm glad both your Dad and Devin are safe.

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: Never been so scared!   Never been so scared! EmptyFri Sep 28, 2007 12:00 pm

Thank you so much everyone.

Devin is doing much better. So much more like himself. He was over his friends house yesterday and his mom told me that he was acting like his normal goofy self, lol.

He did ride his bike to school with his friend this morning. I was worried, but he wanted to and I don't want to smother him or have him live in fear. He definitely has some street smarts now, though not the way I wanted him to have them. Anyhow, I know he will keep his guard up and try to avoid situations that don't feel right. He said that he did have an uneasy feeling when he saw those boys, but he didn't have time to react. He says that he won't be riding scooters over in my parents neighborhood for a long time though, which is fine with me. I am still shaken over the whole thing. If he even thinks about it, I'll be the mom driving in the car behind him.

Just last week and aquaintance of my brother's was shot and killed at a bar 2 miles from my house. The guy was trying to assist a woman who had her purse stolen. He went after the kids and they shot him. Two 16 year olds that are apparantly part of a gang called the Bloods. My brother said they are all over the country. It is a sad world we live in.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Never been so scared! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Never been so scared!   Never been so scared! EmptyFri Sep 28, 2007 12:17 pm

Pam, that's just so terribly sad. :sad5:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Never been so scared!   Never been so scared! EmptyFri Sep 28, 2007 8:47 pm

Oh my gosh, how terrible! Thank goodness no one was hurt!

Some guy came running up to the front door the other day (it was locked THANK GOD!) and started banging on it. I looked and I didn't recognize him, so I went and got my mom and she said "Oh, it's probably Danny" (my dad's friend). IT WASN'T DANNY!! I don't know who it was, but I don't want to imagine what might have happened had I answered it. It could have been an innocent man, could have been a man with a gun. Ugh, I'm freaking myself out. Okay, I'm done yapping.

ALSO, it's sad that we have to fear for our safety in our homes. No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Never been so scared!   Never been so scared! EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 10:31 pm

I am so happy to hear everything turned all right for your family Pam!
And in response to soccergirl I had that happen before, some guy that I didn't recognize banging on my door. I did not answer it off course either.
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538

PostSubject: Re: Never been so scared!   Never been so scared! EmptySun Sep 30, 2007 8:20 am

awww Pam thats very scary!

Never been so scared! Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Never been so scared! Cute-2
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: Never been so scared!   Never been so scared! EmptyMon Oct 01, 2007 9:25 am

soccergirl99 wrote:
Oh my gosh, how terrible! Thank goodness no one was hurt!

Some guy came running up to the front door the other day (it was locked THANK GOD!) and started banging on it. I looked and I didn't recognize him, so I went and got my mom and she said "Oh, it's probably Danny" (my dad's friend). IT WASN'T DANNY!! I don't know who it was, but I don't want to imagine what might have happened had I answered it. It could have been an innocent man, could have been a man with a gun. Ugh, I'm freaking myself out. Okay, I'm done yapping.

ALSO, it's sad that we have to fear for our safety in our homes. No

That is very scary. I'm so glad that you didn't answer the door!

I always tell my kids to never answer the door if they don't know who it is. I rarely answer the door myself if I don't know who it is.

It is sad that we can't feel safe in our homes.

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: Never been so scared!   Never been so scared! EmptyMon Oct 01, 2007 9:29 am

I think we are going to end up having to find some way to move.

My brother talked to some of his Detroit police friends and they said that murders are up in the northeast side of Detroit. And that the gangs are going through initiations right now. I'm only a mile away from the northeast side of Detroit. It used to be so safe; it's hard to believe how quickly things are changing.

Just on Friday a couple of guys walked into a party store in my city, a mile from where I live and just across from the highschool; robbed the store and shot both clerks inside. One died. There was no reason for them to shoot them; they didn't put up any kind of fight. It makes me so angry.

This is a story about the shooting. Shooting

Last edited by on Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Never been so scared!   Never been so scared! EmptyMon Oct 01, 2007 9:30 am

Wow! That is scary. I pray your family stays safe.

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Never been so scared!   Never been so scared! Empty

Back to top Go down

Never been so scared!
Page 1 of 1