Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Season 9 rewrite - Lem McCary

Go down 
4 posters

Do we add Mayor McCary to more episodes?
Yes, as a member of the Town Council.
Season 9 rewrite - Lem McCary Vote_lcap100%Season 9 rewrite - Lem McCary Vote_rcap
 100% [ 7 ]
No, we don't need to add him to the TC.
Season 9 rewrite - Lem McCary Vote_lcap0%Season 9 rewrite - Lem McCary Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Season 9 rewrite - Lem McCary Bokmal10

Season 9 rewrite - Lem McCary Empty
PostSubject: Season 9 rewrite - Lem McCary   Season 9 rewrite - Lem McCary EmptySun Sep 30, 2007 3:20 pm

There is one major thing about Season 9 that always irked me. Walnut Grove elected a mayor and then we never saw him again. In Dr. Quinn, Jake Slicker became mayor and then sat on the Town Council. He was never able to act alone. So, we could add Mayor McCary to some episodes and make him part of the Town Council. What do you think?

This poll will be open for 14 days.

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite - Lem McCary   Season 9 rewrite - Lem McCary EmptySun Sep 30, 2007 3:21 pm

No surprise that I voted yes. Think of all the funny scenes between Harriet and Lem McCary we could have.

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite - Lem McCary   Season 9 rewrite - Lem McCary EmptySun Sep 30, 2007 10:53 pm

I voted yes, and for the same reasons! And of course, we MUST see him since he is the mayor of the city.

Vanesa. batEyes

Season 9 rewrite - Lem McCary Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite - Lem McCary   Season 9 rewrite - Lem McCary EmptyTue Oct 02, 2007 12:09 am

I went with yes also. I liked his character, it's too bad we never saw more of him.

Season 9 rewrite - Lem McCary ChristinaKeeper2 Season 9 rewrite - Lem McCary 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Season 9 rewrite - Lem McCary Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite - Lem McCary   Season 9 rewrite - Lem McCary EmptyFri Oct 05, 2007 2:34 pm

I don't remember him :unsure:

Season 9 rewrite - Lem McCary Horses10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite - Lem McCary   Season 9 rewrite - Lem McCary EmptyFri Oct 05, 2007 2:52 pm

He was elected in the episode "Welcome to Olesonville" when Almanzo ran for mayor against Nels. He was Almanzo's campaign manager until Almanzo bowed out because Lem had all the ideas and did all the talking.

Jess Moffet--the other founder of Walnut Grove that we had never met before--told Harriet that WG had to pay his bond out first, to which the newly elected Mayor McCary agreed to pay him a penny a year.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite - Lem McCary   Season 9 rewrite - Lem McCary EmptyFri Oct 05, 2007 6:31 pm

I'm surprised about how many "beloved and old early settlers from Walnut Grove" were NEVER seen at earlier seasons. Writers must have tought more seriously about it, I think...But we are used to this characteristic of LHOTP writers..aren't we? Huh? No grinsmiley

Vanesa.

Season 9 rewrite - Lem McCary Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite - Lem McCary   Season 9 rewrite - Lem McCary Empty

Back to top Go down

Season 9 rewrite - Lem McCary
Page 1 of 1