Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

interview

Go down 
+4
Debbie
Savannah
Carol
ChristinaAL
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

interview Empty
PostSubject: interview   interview EmptyFri Feb 02, 2007 2:33 am

I'd post about this at the other forum but it's been acting up on my end. Anyway, some of you know that I had an interview for an internship/possible job yesterday. I have mixed feelings about it - they seemed interested in what I had to say, but at the same time, didn't say they would even get back to me No They did ask to see some of my work that I've completed for school (projects that I've worked on), that I submitted, so hopefully that's a good thing. I'm trying not to think about it. It's almost the weekend and I'm just trying to not get too stressed out! LOL.

interview ChristinaKeeper2 interview 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: interview   interview EmptyWed Feb 14, 2007 7:03 pm

I got the position! I'm supposed to meet the head of the department tomorrow to figure out scheduling. THe only problem is that he wants me to work 20 hours a week. With school full time, I usually work 25 hours a week at my regular job. Now, I won't be able to, and I'm sad b/c I love my boss and fellow employees. I'm nervous to tell my boss b/c he's been so understanding of me being in school, and I'm sure he would let me just work Saturdays and have temps fill my position until I can go back (which would not be for awhile since I have to do 300 hours at the internship), and to be honest, I don't want to have to work Saturdays b/c then I wouldn't have much time over the weekend to catch up on my schoolwork. If you could spare a prayer - that things work out for the best and get settled - I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : interview Happy010

interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: interview   interview EmptyWed Feb 14, 2007 7:07 pm

Congratulations Christina!! :CoolSign:
I'm sure it's hard to make those changes... I'm sure things will be okay.

interview Horses10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
interview Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426

interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: interview   interview EmptyWed Feb 14, 2007 7:35 pm

Congratulations, Christina! Cheer Cheer

I'll say a prayer that things work together smoothly, and that the changes feel comfortable quickly. {{{Christina}}}
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: interview   interview EmptyWed Feb 14, 2007 7:44 pm

Thanks, ladies :) I appreciate it. <3 I'm waiting to see if the weather holds up for tomorrow. I don't deal well with driving in the snow (directions are enough of a challenge when there isn't snow! :haha: ).

Back to top Go down

interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: interview   interview EmptyThu Feb 15, 2007 6:15 am

I hope everything works out and you'll do just fine.
You'll be in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : interview Xmassm4

interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: interview   interview EmptyThu Feb 15, 2007 7:00 am

Congrats, Christina! I'm sure things will work out for you!
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: interview   interview EmptyThu Feb 15, 2007 2:54 pm

Thanks. I had to reschedule for tomorrow, I can't even get of the driveway today! A lot of the streets haven't even been plowed in town No But, my (future) boss seemed pretty understanding. There is another intern who is starting at the same time who couldn't make it in either, so he asked if we could both come in tomorrow afternoon. I'm trying to enjoy the day off and not stress myself out about it - even though I wish I couldn't gone today and gotten it overwith! LOL. I'll let you know how the meeting goes :) Thank you for your thoughts and prayers ::hugs::

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: interview   interview EmptyFri Feb 16, 2007 9:56 pm

Well, the meeting went better than I expected. It's a small company, and the people I met today seemed friendly enough. I have to train with the other intern for a few weeks first, and that won't be starting for 2 weeks b/c both of us have to notify our current jobs of the change in hours. I'm dreading that. The training won't be bad - it's only 8:30 - 12:30, so then I can work a half day at my regular job before I have classes at night. But after that's over, they want me to do Monday, Wednesday, and Friday all day, from 8:30 - 4:30. I don't mind those hours - in fact, they're similiar to what I do now - it just leaves me with only Saturday to work at my regular job. Since it's a definite pay cut from what I'm making there, I'm going to see if my boss from the store I usually work at over the holidays can give me some evenings to help make up the difference. I really wish I wasn't required to do so many hours to complete my degree - it is really cutting into my time for everything it seems. Sometimes I wish I just stuck with college when I first started instead of changing my mind a million times b/c then, I'd be done by done and not pretty much established in a job that is pretty decent, and where I adore my co-workers. The only good thing about this is the experience.It's going to be hard breaking this news to my boss next week - he knew I was searching for an internship, but I don't think he was planning on seeing me leave for this length of time. Blue It's strange, I knew I would someday be leaving after graduating and getting a job more in my field of study, I just wasn't expecting it to be now and it sort of is throwing me for a loop.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : interview Purple2

interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: interview   interview EmptySat Feb 17, 2007 10:58 am

Christina, as they say, "When one door closes, another one opens" Grab this opportunity by the horns and hang on, it will be a rough ride, I can tell you that. You are going to grow and become a stronger person, just hang in there, I know you can do it!!! Besides that, you have all of us to lean on!! :rainbowfaces:

interview Rhonda10interview Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : interview Bokmal10

interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: interview   interview EmptySat Feb 17, 2007 12:09 pm

Change happens for all of us Christina. It's sometimes hard to accept--no matter how well you prepare for it--but in the end we learn something when we meet each opportunity head on.

I know you will do well. Take care and try not to stress too much.

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: interview   interview EmptySat Feb 17, 2007 12:48 pm

Thanks, ladies. I don't know what I would do without my prairie pals to come to. I appreciate your advice, I will take it to heart and try my best to be open-minded about the internship - it may even lead to a new, better job someday. ::hugs::

Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: interview   interview EmptySun Feb 18, 2007 2:59 am

Oh Christina! I am SO, SO, SO, SO thrilled for you!!!!!!!!!!! I wish you happiness in your new job! I know you have been worried about if you got it and I am thrilled you did!

interview Hummerinterview MistiKeeperinterview Bookclub5interview Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: interview   interview EmptySun Feb 18, 2007 11:44 am

Thanks, Misti. :) I think I am definitely making the right decision. I went in to talk to my boss today while he was there alone doing the payroll and tried telling him and he actually was pretty cold about it. I told him I'd still be available to work Saturdays and that once the summer comes and I don't have school, I'll have even more free time, but he just "it is what it is" and walked away from me. I can't tell if he's disappointed that I'm leaving or mad at me for leaving - I am giving 2 weeks notice, it's not like I'm totally up and leaving. Maybe this is just his reaction to it, but I was at least expecting an "We'll miss you, good luck". Oh well...I think it makes it easier to deal with leaving, LOL. It just makes me wonder how these last 2 weeks will be.

Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : interview Xmassm4

interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: interview   interview EmptySun Feb 18, 2007 11:52 am

I'm sorry he reacted that way.. No Just think of it as you are moving on to bigger and better things!
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
interview LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : interview Vianne10

interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: interview   interview EmptySun Feb 18, 2007 12:08 pm

Awww Christina, some bosses are jerks, I'm glad for you that you're leaving that behind. I will never forget my first boss for she was so sweet to me. It was my first summer job working at a Senior Citizens' Home as a Lobby Receptionist and I was 17, when September came, I resigned because I went back to school, she kept me on file and asked if any weekend postition were available, if she could call me in, I said yes and worked sporatically on weekends that year, then eventually did the fill-ins for holidays and vacations. In recent months, I found out that she passed away from cancer. I will always remember her: Mrs. Phillips. Anyway, enough about me, I wish you all the best with your new job. I'll pray for you!

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: interview   interview Empty

Back to top Go down

interview
Page 1 of 1