Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What was your favorite book as a child?

Go down 
+17
Amy
Samantha
Kristina
Rhonda
ashkate11871
bethandmanly
JW
Prairie Wind
Gin
Misti
flatbroke
Farmer Girl
Rob
EllieJane
Lori
Savannah
Carol
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 Purple2

book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 12:11 pm

Rob wrote:
Did Seuss go to Vegas? That's what my guess is. Many people have gone there and then lost their esses. batEyes

Did losing their esses make some messes? Is Deputy Rob doing his job?

He goes all psycho over a small little typo!
Whistle

book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 Rhonda10book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 7:48 pm

Rob wrote:
Did Seuss go to Vegas? That's what my guess is. Many people have gone there and then lost their esses. batEyes

It wasn't at Vegas, or Reno, or such . . . . . Apparently, Grinch thought our fun was too much! It happened so fast, while I purchased a dress.......The Grinch Who Stole Christmas? He pilfered an S! Whistle
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 8:39 pm

The Grinch Who Stole Christmas is pilphering s's? What will be next, combing Cindy Lou's tresses? That Fox wearing sox and The Cat in the Hat, who'd have imagined we'd be lowered to that? All because Rob would read it in a boat with a goat, or read it at the fair or just anywhere. We've had fun with the rhyme, but I have run outta time......For goodness sake, they just don't give a long enough lunch break! No

book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 Rhonda10book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 9:36 pm

Your a nut Rhonda. You've been singing with that little Walmart Smiley too long. Whistle

book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863
Mood : book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 10:07 am

favorite childhood books?

1. Guess How Much I Love You
2. Goodnight Moon
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 1:40 pm

Those are both wonderful books!
Back to top Go down
Samantha
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Samantha

Number of posts : 199
Mood : book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 Mornincoffee

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 3:10 pm

as a little girl? Cinderella!
as a teenager? Of Mice and Men

book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 SamanthaKeeper

"Music is a Kind and Truthful Speech"
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 5:12 pm

My favorite childhood book series was "The Besty Books", by Carolyn Haywood. They were kind of like "Modern day" (for that time anyway) Dick & Jane books, only the reading level was harder than those. I have my library ordering "Merry Christmas from Besty" for me right now...I was probably around age 10 or 11 when I read this series.

book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 Solved-Bbetsy

My other favorite books as a very young child were a series that my parents had ordered for me, where the main character was 'Amy'. The company would have "Amy" go on all these neat adventures with her friends and family, (substituting my friend's and family's names). There was the Flintstones and The Jetsons, along with some 'generic' books about the zoo and school. Did anyone else have anything like this growing up

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 11:14 pm

I loved Curious Geroge!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 11:33 pm

Amy wrote:
My favorite childhood book series was "The Betsy Books", by Carolyn Haywood. They were kind of like "Modern day" (for that time anyway) Dick & Jane books, only the reading level was harder than those. I have my library ordering "Merry Christmas from Betsy" for me right now...I was probably around age 10 or 11 when I read this series.

book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 Solved-Bbetsy

The Betsy-Tacy books were interesting, too, in that as the series progressed, and the girls grew, the reading level also became more challenging. It was as if the books grew up as well.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 12:10 pm

Were those by Carolyn Haywood too? I don't remember the Tracy books....

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 1:47 pm

No, the Betsy books just reminded me about the Betsy-Tacy books. I didn't word that very well. Sorry. :shy: I brought you into my thought process midway through, and forgot to complete the train of thought. :Hahaha:

The Betsy-Tacy books were by Maud Hart Lovelace.
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 5:14 pm

I loved the Enid Blyton school series St Clare's and Malory Towers.

book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 9:18 pm

Oh, I have a friend, Sandra, who LOVES Enid Blyton's work! She was on an Australian game show lately (I forget the name of it) and the whole show was full of questions about Malory Towers.

I have a few Enid Blyton books, but haven't had a chance to read them yet.
Back to top Go down
susansmoose
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
susansmoose

Number of posts : 154
Mood : book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 Xmassm5

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 7:44 am

Island of the Blue Dolphins, Johnny Tremain, Tintin (my aunt bought us a whole set) The Once and Future King and Little Women, Greek and Roman Myths
Back to top Go down
http://welcome.to/susans-moose
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 2:58 pm

I hadn't heard of the Tintin books. But I looked them up through Google. Interesting! Those look like something that my niece and nephews might enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:24 am

When, I was a kid. (Elementary grade) I love reading Beranstien bear books. In my pre-teens, I love reading The Baby-Sitters Club books, Sweet Valley kids, twins, high & college. Little House on the Prairie books. Now, Im in adult. I read books by Tom Clancy, John Grisham, Michale Crichton, & Christopher Paolini.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 7:45 pm

When I was a little girl, before I ever went to school or learned to read, I loved this book.
book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 Grover10
I knew every word by heart and people thought that I was reading it at age 4.
Now I enjoy reading it to my neice Lily age 3 every time they come to visit. I have to read it every night before bed along with it's sequel,
book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 Grover11

book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 MarilynKeeper book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 5:10 pm

I can't remember the name of the book. It was kids book. Picture book. Back in the 80's. It came in a box set. It had 6 books. I believe, it also came with a toy. All I remember, my late step-grandpa gave it to me, when I was 6. I been goggle it. I haven't found the title of the book.

Other book, I like. When I was teenager. It was like chapter book. For girls ages 8 & up. It has some pictures in the book. All I remember i the book. One of the chapters, it was Indian Summer. The kids was playing in the sprinkles. I got this book from home school event. That my parents & I, went to. For 2 days. I don't remember the title of the book or the author.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 9:11 pm

My favorite child book was Berenstain Bear books. But, their was other child book I like. Wish, I could remember it.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What was your favorite book as a child?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3