Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The international language

Go down 
+2
Vanesa
Savannah
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
The international language Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : The international language Happy010

The international language Empty
PostSubject: The international language   The international language EmptySat Nov 03, 2007 4:32 pm

You know, the old saying is that love is the international language . . . . and sometimes music is called an international language. . . . well, today I found out what another one is. grinsmiley

It started out as a really (really) hard day. And all I wanted to do was go home and cry. But I had to take care of a few things, and had some shopping that needed to be done. So.....I ended up at the store, and I heard a woman next to me speaking very fast Portugese to her daughter. I know a *tiny* bit (very tiny) of Portugese. . . . just enough to recognize the language - but definitely NOT enough even to carry on an intelligent conversation with a three-year-old. So, anyway..........she's talking to her daughter, and the little girl was shaking her head and shrugging her shoulders to her Mom . . . and I knew exactly what the Mom was asking - even though I don't know much of her language. So I told her daughter (who was maybe five) that yes, those were the chips that were buy one get one free. She looked shocked, then told her Mom. Then her Mom started talking again, looking at the chips, and I told her daughter that all of the flavors were part of the sale. She looked so shocked, and said "How did you know that's what my Mom wanted to know??". grinsmiley Well, sweetie . . . . it's called BARGAIN hunting. THAT is the international language.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : The international language Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: The international language   The international language EmptySat Nov 03, 2007 7:15 pm

I love your stories, Savannah. And yes...this is also international language. And it shows how understading and sweet person you are. Thumbsup

Vanesa.

The international language Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: The international language   The international language EmptySat Nov 03, 2007 7:48 pm

*LOL* I never thought of it, but you are certainly right! That was so sweet of you to help that girl out.

The international language PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: The international language   The international language EmptySat Nov 03, 2007 9:06 pm

ROTFL

The international language Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: The international language   The international language EmptySun Nov 04, 2007 5:35 pm

Laughing Savannah... you are so right! lol

The international language Horses10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The international language   The international language EmptySun Nov 04, 2007 5:46 pm

((SAVANNAH))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The international language   The international language EmptySun Nov 04, 2007 6:42 pm

awwwwwwwwwwwwww
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
The international language LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : The international language Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: The international language   The international language EmptySun Nov 04, 2007 9:51 pm

That was so sweet of you Savannah..........you're already are a sweet person!! Thumbsup

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : The international language Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: The international language   The international language EmptySun Nov 04, 2007 11:00 pm

I wish that some day, I may know you personnally , Savannah. Smiley Hug

Vanesa.

The international language Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
The international language Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: The international language   The international language EmptyTue Nov 06, 2007 7:34 am

I would love that, Vanesa!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The international language   The international language Empty

Back to top Go down

The international language
Page 1 of 1