Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Eating Fast Food

Go down 
+8
Vanesa
Lily
pamh36
ChristinaAL
Rhonda
Rob
Kathleen Marie
Carol
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Eating Fast Food Happy010

Eating Fast Food Empty
PostSubject: Eating Fast Food   Eating Fast Food EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 4:08 pm

So I have been eating healthy and preparing my own meals for about a month now.... and have avoided fast food and soda.... benefits are that I've lost about 7 pounds... I've been exercising more and feel more energized. :sillySmiley:

Today I woke up late and didn't have time to prepare my lunch so I went and got In-N-Out cheeseburger meal w/ soda.

I now remember why it's important to stay away from fast food.... I feel tired and sluggish and too full after eating this meal.... :sad5:
I didn't finish the soda, threw 1/2 of it away.... I don't miss that stuff....

What a difference the food you eat makes! I wish I would have had more money to buy something healthier... but I just had enough change on me for that meal... and accidentally left my purse in the office... lol

Anyway... I can't believe I used to eat a lot of junk food... I was just poisoning my body... eating healthy is the way to go... preparing your own meals... you make them just how you like them and the amount you like. Thumbsup

I wish there was a bed here so I could take a nap... Yawn

Eating Fast Food Horses10
Back to top Go down
Kathleen Marie
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kathleen Marie

Number of posts : 685

Eating Fast Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Fast Food   Eating Fast Food EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 4:44 pm

Carol, I've heard that when you cut out most junk food from your diet and then go back and have some, it doesn't taste as good and you feel exactly like you are feeling. Good for you with your lifestyle changes!! You'll be healthier and lose weight...how cool is that!!

Eating Fast Food KathyKeeper1
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : Eating Fast Food Goodsi10

Eating Fast Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Fast Food   Eating Fast Food EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 6:09 pm

Carol, you may just inspire some of us to change our evil eating ways. Applause
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Eating Fast Food Purple2

Eating Fast Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Fast Food   Eating Fast Food EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 7:07 pm

I don't eat a lot of fast food, if I do, I try to get a salad. The junk they put in the food is awful for you. No

Instead, I buy salad makings on the weekend, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, a brocolli coleslaw (shredded brocolli, carrots and purple cabbage), sunflower seeds, and dressing. I wash the lettuce, pat it dry and tear it up, toss the brocolli coleslaw in it, shake it up and put it in 5 plastic bowls with lids. These go in the fridge. Then I grill some chicken breasts, chop them into bite size pieces and put them in another container. Each night, I chop the tomato and add it to the lettuce, add the shredded cheese and the chicken. When I come home for lunch, I put in the sunflower seeds and por the dressing, toss and eat........I never have to worry about not having a good healthy lunch to eat because it is always made up ahead of time. Wink

Eating Fast Food Rhonda10Eating Fast Food Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

Eating Fast Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Fast Food   Eating Fast Food EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 7:35 pm

I try to make up lunch at least the night before too, Rhonda. I really try to avoid junk food any more besides an occasional treat - the closest I get to fast food anymore is a hoagie from Subway.

Carol, I had a similiar experience maybe 2 weeks ago, I got a chicken sandwich, fries and soda from Wendy's. I was looking forward to that meal b/c I hadn't had fast food in so long...afterwards I felt too full and tired as well.

Eating Fast Food ChristinaKeeper2 Eating Fast Food 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

Eating Fast Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Fast Food   Eating Fast Food EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 7:48 pm

As part of the Nutrition class I took in the Spring, we had to watch the documentary, "Supersize Me". Where the director at nothing but McDonald's for 3 meals a day, for a full month. After watching that, you would never want to touch fast food again. It was unbelievable the changes this man's body went through in just such a short time. Not only gaining weight, but health problems too.

If you have a spare hour and 40 min. Laughing

Supersize Me Video

Eating Fast Food PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Eating Fast Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Fast Food   Eating Fast Food EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 7:57 pm

pamh36 wrote:
As part of the Nutrition class I took in the Spring, we had to watch the documentary, "Supersize Me". Where the director at nothing but McDonald's for 3 meals a day, for a full month. After watching that, you would never want to touch fast food again. It was unbelievable the changes this man's body went through in just such a short time. Not only gaining weight, but health problems too.

If you have a spare hour and 40 min. Laughing

Supersize Me Video

Pam, I watched that in my nutrition class too! And it was part of the reason why I avoided fast food for so long. Ugh...I think the "special features" at the end are even tougher to take (when they show what happens to the food over time).

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

Eating Fast Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Fast Food   Eating Fast Food EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 7:58 pm

*LOL* We didn't get to see the end. I'm watching it now. I'm almost afraid to watch!!

Eating Fast Food PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Eating Fast Food LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Eating Fast Food Vianne10

Eating Fast Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Fast Food   Eating Fast Food EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 8:06 pm

I don't eat fast food nor drink soda. I eat my veggies and fruits daily. Oatmeal or banana and/or yogurt for breadfast, homemade soup or chicken salad for lunch. Chicken or fish for dinner.

You are what you eat. When you eat healthy, you feel healthy, you have a positive outlook of life. You do feel more energy!!

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Eating Fast Food Bokmal10

Eating Fast Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Fast Food   Eating Fast Food EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 11:49 pm

Never eats fast food and never drinks soda. I eat a little of all things: cow meat, poultry, vegetables, fruit, eggs, milk, pizza (homemade...It's delicious); sushi, pasta, desserts, juice fruits, , beer, liquor and wine. All in good proportions and without eating or drinking too much.

My health is in excellent condition until today.

No; I've never eated fast food...but rather I ate my food-fast! grinsmiley (And I'm slim)

Vanesa.

Eating Fast Food Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Eating Fast Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Fast Food   Eating Fast Food EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 11:53 pm

I forgot to say that I like fish in an exagerated way, and that I always crave for yogurt with granola in it. I always made my own yogurt. And I'm crazy for salads. I think I could eat tons of it, well dressed with lemon, salt, pepper and good olive oil...Hmmmmm. I'm hungry now! grinsmiley

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down

Eating Fast Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Fast Food   Eating Fast Food EmptySat Nov 17, 2007 12:04 am

wow,thats really great guys u eat health...
Back to top Go down
EllieJane
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
EllieJane

Number of posts : 542
Mood : Eating Fast Food Scared10

Eating Fast Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Fast Food   Eating Fast Food EmptySun Nov 18, 2007 5:21 pm

I LOVE healthy food, it tastes so much better, once you eat healthy, fries really don't taste that appealing anymore. :P
I love fresh fruit, especially catelope!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Eating Fast Food Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

Eating Fast Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Fast Food   Eating Fast Food EmptySun Nov 18, 2007 9:01 pm

Mmmmmm, Vanesa, I love salads, too! And yogurt . . . . We used to make that all the time, but haven't in quite a while. My favorite nighttime snack is grapes. I absolutely love crunchy, sweet grapes.

Carol, that's great that you're making such an effort to eat healthier!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Eating Fast Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Fast Food   Eating Fast Food EmptySun Nov 18, 2007 11:02 pm

I love grapes. And white ones are better than black ones for me. They are fresher. Mmmmhh. They are really tasty and crunchy. Grape juice is excellent to depurate the body, as well as apple juice. I think that you, American, has a popular dictum who saids that an apple a day keep the doctor far away, or something over the lines of it...And it seems it is true! Apple keeps your liver, brain, kidneis , stomach and teeth in excellent condition. Eat apple, people! grinsmiley

As for fried stuff, it is not bad twice a week or so. A doctor told me that what it is bad is what he calls "exclusive diets". This mean one-side diets. For example, people who eats only meat, or only vegetables, or only fried stuff, etc, etc. For him, human being is omnivorous, and he must eat everything in an equlibrated way. He saids: "Do you wants to eat a steak? Good! But assure you to add some salad to go with it! Do you want to eat some meal that is really fat? Don't worry, add vegetables to it and some wine. It will burn the grease away. Do you want some cream, some really sweet dessert? Good to. But drink some juice fruit after it..and NO PROBLEM".

I've read that Americans eats great quantities of fat meals; the same quantity of French people. But Americans dead more frequently of heart and brain attacks and have a lot of cholesterol problems, while French people doesn't have these troubles...What was the secret? They takes wine with meals and not soda. Wine kills grease. Of course, you must not drink so much you get wasted! :gross: stars And the same article assured that beer is god taken in not so high quantities. Wine is better than beer, for beer is like liquid bread.

Saying it in a nutshell: equilibre is the word that will keep our health O.K. eat

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

Eating Fast Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Fast Food   Eating Fast Food EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 1:24 am

Well I do have to say that when I lived in El Salvador, I ate a lot of vegetables and would even eat a tomato like if I was eating an apple... lol
But when I came to the States I was in awe of the McDonalds Happy Meals and all kinds of restaurants here that I stopped eating most of my vegetables :shy:

I'm not blaming America though, lol... it was my choice to eat that way... but there is a huge abundance of food here and quite easy to obtain... versus what I had in El Salvador which was more home cooking... we would eat out too but only about once every 2 weeks maybe.... but 95% of the food I ate was home cooked

People in the neighborhood would sometimes sell corn tamales and chicken tamales or popusas... which would be the type of food I would get at a restaurant here ... the difference was that in El Salvador, I knew the people who cooked this food... I sometimes would go to their house and play w/ the kids there while the food was being prepared...

It was actually like a big party... lol Someone would say she would sell Tamales and so she had several women come and help her, music was put on, us kids were running around playing and the towards the end of the day, the lady would always give me a one free tamale, then I would run home and tell my parents the tamales were ready for buying LOL They were soooo goooood! What times... :sillySmiley:

Eating Fast Food Horses10
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Eating Fast Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Fast Food   Eating Fast Food EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 6:03 pm

Savannah wrote:
Mmmmmm, Vanesa, I love salads, too! And yogurt . . . . We used to make that all the time, but haven't in quite a while. My favorite nighttime snack is grapes. I absolutely love crunchy, sweet grapes.

Carol, that's great that you're making such an effort to eat healthier!

I wish I read your post before I came home Savannah; I would've stopped at the grocery store b/c I'm craving grapes now! grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
edwina
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

Number of posts : 1010
Mood : Eating Fast Food Party010

Eating Fast Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Fast Food   Eating Fast Food EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 10:16 pm

I try to cut out a lot of junk food, but IN-N OUT is still a favorite of mine. I also suggest going to Organic Milks. Because of my bag gallbladder i had to cut out a lot of foods and fats. My husband and I decided to try the organic mild ( 1%) and it tastes a LOT better. When I have milk at my work it tastes HEAVY.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Eating Fast Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Fast Food   Eating Fast Food EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 10:53 pm

My, Carol! I'm craving for pupusas now! I made them for the first time last year and I found them simply amazing. All people must try them! eat

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538

Eating Fast Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Fast Food   Eating Fast Food EmptyTue Nov 20, 2007 8:29 pm

wow we eat healthy too! once in a blue moon we will go to mcdonalds or something but my mom and dad go to this lady and she said that it does effect your health

Eating Fast Food Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Eating Fast Food Cute-2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eating Fast Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Fast Food   Eating Fast Food Empty

Back to top Go down

Eating Fast Food
Page 1 of 1