Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Meet Me at the Fair

Go down 
+11
Krissy
bethandmanly
Teresa
Lori
Amy
Misti
emilyanneoftheprairie
Farmer Girl
Vanesa
Lily
Savannah
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : Meet Me at the Fair - Page 2 Bokmal10

Meet Me at the Fair - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Me at the Fair   Meet Me at the Fair - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 6:18 pm

I see what you are saying. I never cared much for Eliza Jane anyway. That voice of hers would have driven me up a wall. The way she acted when Almanzo had the stroke was ridiculous.

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: Meet Me at the Fair   Meet Me at the Fair - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 6:39 pm

Yes the attachment was a bit much, almost like he was her husband or child.
Her voice would have been like nails on the chalkboard to me too. Miss Beadle was the epitome of a favorite teacher.
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 529

PostSubject: Re: Meet Me at the Fair   Meet Me at the Fair - Page 2 EmptyTue May 18, 2021 10:53 pm

I thought this one was a bit strange...but I also wonder if COZI-TV cut out some stuff that may have better explained things. The main thing that was strange was the pickpocket guy and the woman that seemed to be following him around! Was there more to that than what was shown on COZI?? All I saw was him pickpocketing and that woman kind of strangely following after him, but was she also trying to pickpocket??

I also thought it was weird that the Ingalls brought along their dog!

I did feel sorry for Carrie. So often it seems like she is "the neglected Ingalls child." Even Pa doesn't seem to want her around him! I'm glad Carrie actually enjoyed the balloon ride. At least she finally got to do something enjoyable at the fair instead of just standing around with Ma or waiting in line for the carousel ride that she never got to go on.

Patrick seemed really sweet, but then because he cut the ropes to the balloon, this sort of marred his character, in my opinion. I know he was jealous of the other guy, but it was also kind of Mary's choice to go with that guy. He should not have cut the ropes to the balloon out of jealousy. Even if Carrie had not been in the balloon, still it was likely a very expensive item and if it had been damaged, he would not have been able to pay for damages. I guess he didn't think about all those consequences.

And speaking of that other guy (the "balloon guy" whose name I don't even remember) - he was also pretty odd. Seemed kind of strange to me that Mary was even attracted to him.
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: Meet Me at the Fair   Meet Me at the Fair - Page 2 EmptyTue May 18, 2021 10:59 pm

So apparently either COZI TV cut off the part of that older woman taking the pickpocket's stash. At least that would have brought that little storyline some closure.

I wonder why they made Cass (?) - a.k.a. "balloon guy" - so strange?? Was he supposed to be elegant or something? Thought it was really odd that he walked around the fair wearing that stupid cape. At least he didn't wear the stupid hat.
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: Meet Me at the Fair   Meet Me at the Fair - Page 2 EmptyTue May 18, 2021 11:00 pm

Oh, also - my husband pointed out the writing on the hot air balloon. It was some kind of identification but would not have been there back in 1877 on a balloon. HeeHee HeeHee HeeHee
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: Meet Me at the Fair   Meet Me at the Fair - Page 2 EmptyTue May 18, 2021 11:11 pm

Oh, also - wasn't a $50 prize for the donkey derby or whatever it was an awful lot of prize money? That's what Pa and that guy won for winning the contest where they were making the holes to put dynamite....but that was extremely dangerous and they had to work really hard to win that. I think a $50 prize was way out of line.....maybe a $5 prize or even $10 - but $50??? And did Pa and Nels split the winnings?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meet Me at the Fair   Meet Me at the Fair - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Meet Me at the Fair
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2