Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I just don't know what to do

Go down 
+14
HarrisonCrosby4387
Gin
pamh36
Amy
bethandmanly
Vanesa
Lily
Farmer Girl
Savannah
Rob
Teresa
JW
Rhonda
ChristinaAL
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

I just don't know what to do - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I just don't know what to do   I just don't know what to do - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 6:45 pm

That is wonderful news, Christina!

I just don't know what to do - Page 3 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: I just don't know what to do   I just don't know what to do - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 3:16 pm

Thank you all so much. {{hugs}}

I just don't know what to do - Page 3 ChristinaKeeper2 I just don't know what to do - Page 3 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : I just don't know what to do - Page 3 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: I just don't know what to do   I just don't know what to do - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 4:55 pm

Thank you for the update, Christina. That is wonderful news about your dad!! I'm so glad that he is starting to feel like his old self again, and hopefully he will continue to feel even better with each passing day.

I just don't know what to do - Page 3 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : I just don't know what to do - Page 3 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: I just don't know what to do   I just don't know what to do - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 7:34 pm

I'm Glad he feels better i'll keep praying that he will get all back to normal

I just don't know what to do - Page 3 Jacobk10I just don't know what to do - Page 3 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: I just don't know what to do   I just don't know what to do - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 8:22 pm

Thank you all for your prayers! God is truly good. My dad seems back to normal. Today is his 60th birthday. I wasn't sure how he would react to that (even before he got sick! LOL), but he seems to be in good spirits, joking that he now feels offically old. I told him he'll never be old to me. We had dinner for him at home and a cake. I'm so happy to have him back. I'm still praying that he stays this way and doesn't have these problems again. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your prayers over the past few months. I told my dad a lot of people were praying for him to get well, and he said he really appreciates it as well.

I just don't know what to do - Page 3 ChristinaKeeper2 I just don't know what to do - Page 3 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: I just don't know what to do   I just don't know what to do - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 8:39 pm

That is so wonderful, Christina!! I am so glad that your dad is feeling better, and that he had a fun time celebrating his birthday. He is lucky to have such a loving family that stood by him and supported him through these past few months. He is going to be so proud, walking you down the aisle in a few months!!

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: I just don't know what to do   I just don't know what to do - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 9:19 pm

That is wonderful new, Christina! And I'm glad that he had a happy birthday.

I just don't know what to do - Page 3 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
I just don't know what to do - Page 3 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: I just don't know what to do   I just don't know what to do - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 9:21 pm

I'm so glad to hear that, Christina. It's scary when someone you love is so depressed like that. It makes you feel so helpless. I'm so glad that he's doing so much better!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I just don't know what to do   I just don't know what to do - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 10:10 pm

Wonderful news, Christina! I'm glad he had a happy birthday.
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: I just don't know what to do   I just don't know what to do - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 2:33 pm

I haven't updated this in a few months, thank you again for your kind words and prayers, they're very appreciated. Long story short, my father has been himself again. His doctor had advised him to cut the dosage of his medication in half, then when it finished he wouldn't need the medicine anymore. He finished it in the end of June, and since then, has still been feeling normal and hasn't slipped back to the way he had gotten prior to taking the medication. If you could, could you please pray with me that he stays well? So far, he has been, but you never know with this kind of thing and I would hate to see him backtrack and have to deal with this all over again. Thank you in advance {{hugs}}

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : I just don't know what to do - Page 3 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: I just don't know what to do   I just don't know what to do - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 3:16 pm

Christina, I am so happy for your dad.....it really sounds to me like he had SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder), which is a depression brought on from the lack of sunshine. It would do him a world of good to purchase a lamp that gives him the rays he needs in the fall and winter and start using it before he feels himself slipping. I am glad that the doctor has weaned him from his meds........he will feel better not having to depend on them.....in the meantime, google SAD and see if you can find a good lamp for him to use when the season changes again...... Thumbsup

SAD

I just don't know what to do - Page 3 Rhonda10I just don't know what to do - Page 3 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: I just don't know what to do   I just don't know what to do - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 5:12 pm

Christina,
That's wonderful news about your dad!! I'm glad that he is doing so well. He will be in my prayers.

How are your wedding plans going?

Back to top Go down
Farmer Girl
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Farmer Girl

Number of posts : 2578
Mood : I just don't know what to do - Page 3 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: I just don't know what to do   I just don't know what to do - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 5:13 pm

That is really good about your dad being back to normal. I'll be praying that he stays that way.

I just don't know what to do - Page 3 FGKeeper

~ Home is the nicest word there is ~

I just don't know what to do - Page 3 Little
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : I just don't know what to do - Page 3 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: I just don't know what to do   I just don't know what to do - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 10:52 pm

I'm Glad he's back to normal

I just don't know what to do - Page 3 Jacobk10I just don't know what to do - Page 3 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
I just don't know what to do - Page 3 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: I just don't know what to do   I just don't know what to do - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 10:56 pm

Oh, I'm glad you bumped this, Jacob! I didn't see the update!

Christina, I'm so glad to hear that your Dad is doing well, and has been able to stop taking the meds. I'll pray that he continues to do well without having to go back on any meds at all. What a blessing for you! And for him, too, of course!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : I just don't know what to do - Page 3 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: I just don't know what to do   I just don't know what to do - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 3:52 pm

Sounds like your dad has a good doctor, Christina. Thumbsup A LOT of doctors would just keep on changing out medications, until they find sth that supposedly 'works'. Whistle Rhonda may be on the right track---the timing certainly is interesting. Should be very interesting once late October/November rolls around, and if the same old symptoms just 'happen' to appear. Let's hope he'll be ok now. I will pray for him! Take care Christina!!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : I just don't know what to do - Page 3 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: I just don't know what to do   I just don't know what to do - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 9:53 am

Christine I'm SO glad your dad is much better. Depression is a terrible illness but thankfully it's recognised as so nowadays and there's so much help out there. I hope your dad continues to thrive.

I just don't know what to do - Page 3 MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: I just don't know what to do   I just don't know what to do - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 1:45 pm

I happy that your dad is doing well.

I just don't know what to do - Page 3 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I just don't know what to do   I just don't know what to do - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

I just don't know what to do
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3