Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Winter at Sequoia National Park

Go down 
+3
Misti
Savannah
Carol
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Winter at Sequoia National Park Happy010

Winter at Sequoia National Park Empty
PostSubject: Winter at Sequoia National Park   Winter at Sequoia National Park EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 11:54 am

So I finally went to the mountains. I took two girls and their dad and my dad... the girls had NEVER been to the snow so it was so awesome watching their reactions to it. When going up the mountain we started to see pieces of snow on the road and the girls started getting excited. As we kept going higher more and more snow was appearing and the little girl said it looked like a giant soft marshmellow grinsmiley
When we got to the play area we stopped the car and joined the other cars (it was hard to find parking). As soon as the car stopped the girls got out and touched the snow (their first time) and started having so much fun... it was really great seeing their reactions lol.
⛄ I have several pictures but for now.. here are a couple.

Winter at Sequoia National Park 254513460RL963030828
These are the 2 girls. I have this picture in a bigger size and more clearer... I really liked the view from this point in the mountain.

Winter at Sequoia National Park 254513454RL705068398
She built this snowman lol

Winter at Sequoia National Park 254513494RL569037595
A scene...

We are planning on going again with a bigger group and this time we are getting higher to the Giant Forest where it feels so magical to be a dwarf among the huge trees.
:emot36:

Winter at Sequoia National Park Horses10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Winter at Sequoia National Park Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Winter at Sequoia National Park   Winter at Sequoia National Park EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 1:25 pm

Wow, Carol, what gorgeous pictures!! How stunning! Thank you for sharing them with us.
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: Winter at Sequoia National Park   Winter at Sequoia National Park EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 4:34 pm

Thanks for sharing, Carol! They are gorgeous pictures and your kids are adorable. So is the little snowman. She did a very good job! ! Thumbsup SmileyCentral.com

Winter at Sequoia National Park HummerWinter at Sequoia National Park MistiKeeperWinter at Sequoia National Park Bookclub5Winter at Sequoia National Park Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : Winter at Sequoia National Park Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Winter at Sequoia National Park   Winter at Sequoia National Park EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 6:50 pm

Beautiful pictures, Carol! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Winter at Sequoia National Park Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Winter at Sequoia National Park   Winter at Sequoia National Park EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 4:25 pm

Who Are the Girls? Are they Yours? :unsure:

Winter at Sequoia National Park Jacobk10Winter at Sequoia National Park Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Winter at Sequoia National Park   Winter at Sequoia National Park EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 7:01 pm

JW wrote:
Who Are the Girls? Are they Yours? :unsure:

No, they are not mine. They could be, but that means I would have had the first one at 15 :faint2: lol
The girls are sisters (ages 16 and 8) They are friends of mine... they had never been to the snow so I took them grinsmiley
⛄

Winter at Sequoia National Park Horses10
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Winter at Sequoia National Park Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Winter at Sequoia National Park   Winter at Sequoia National Park EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 8:59 pm

Oh you give me almost a Heart atack i though you had some hidden children somewhere and you did't tell me about them ROTFL That nice of you that you took them to see snow

Winter at Sequoia National Park Jacobk10Winter at Sequoia National Park Jacob210
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Winter at Sequoia National Park   Winter at Sequoia National Park EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 10:00 am

What beautiful pictures! It looks like the girls really enjoyed their day in the mountains. I love the little snowman. grinsmiley

Winter at Sequoia National Park PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Winter at Sequoia National Park Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Winter at Sequoia National Park   Winter at Sequoia National Park EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 4:19 pm

Oh, I want to GO there! Just gorgeous, Carol. And what cute little girls!Winter at Sequoia National Park Accord02

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter at Sequoia National Park   Winter at Sequoia National Park Empty

Back to top Go down

Winter at Sequoia National Park
Page 1 of 1