Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My re-occurring problem!

Go down 
+9
JW
ChristinaAL
pamh36
Lily
bethandmanly
flatbroke
Rhonda
edwina
Misti
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : My re-occurring problem! Happy010

My re-occurring problem! Empty
PostSubject: My re-occurring problem!   My re-occurring problem! EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 2:24 pm

No, its not about my sis-in-law! grinsmiley

I don't know what is going on but for years I have had dreams about bugs, snakes, scorpions, spiders, etc. when I am asleep. Normally that isn't a problem but when it turns physical and I act it out, that can get hairy.

When I have woken up the next morning, there have been lots of occasions when hubby has told me that he has woke up during the night with covers being pulled off the bed and me explaining that there are bugs in there, me waking him to say that bugs are running up the wall, etc.

Well, it has been awhile since that has happened but last night we went out to eat and then we were going to go see a movie. At the last minute instead of seeing the new Larry the Cable Guy movie, we decided to come home and watch a movie Damis had borrowed from the library.......Snakes on a Plane.

This morning I woke up and hubby informed me he had woken up to me, with Shiloh's shoe, slapping at the wall killing spiders I saw on the wall. Then I was in bed throwing back covers insisting that there were snakes underneath. He told me to quit it and go back to sleep.

Now of course sometimes when I am doing things I am aware that I am doing it and while I'm doing it, realize that I might be dreaming. But last night I have absolutely no recollection of any of that.

Anyone else heard of anyone doing this or had a similar experience? Please share. I don't want to think that I'm the only freak out there! grinsmiley

My re-occurring problem! HummerMy re-occurring problem! MistiKeeperMy re-occurring problem! Bookclub5My re-occurring problem! Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
edwina
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

Number of posts : 1010
Mood : My re-occurring problem! Party010

PostSubject: Re: My re-occurring problem!   My re-occurring problem! EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 2:32 pm

You're not alone. Although mine isn't bugs. My husband says that I talk to "imaginary" children.

My re-occurring problem! EdwinaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : My re-occurring problem! Purple2

PostSubject: Re: My re-occurring problem!   My re-occurring problem! EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 2:38 pm

It is called sleep walking....even tho you might not be walking around, you are still asleep and 'taking care of business'. My boys have done strange things before and not have a clue about it the next morning.....turns out, they were still asleep, just up and about.....can be scary and even dangerous sometimes....... Huh?

My re-occurring problem! Rhonda10My re-occurring problem! Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648

PostSubject: Re: My re-occurring problem!   My re-occurring problem! EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 4:14 pm

I think it's more night sweats, or at least that's what they used to call them, since you don't actually leave the sleeping area. Some folks call them night tremors. I've never had a problem, but the wife has.

So long as you're waking feeling rested, and not actually getting out of bed, there's no physical harm in them.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: My re-occurring problem!   My re-occurring problem! EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 4:17 pm

flatbroke wrote:
I think it's more night sweats.

That would be a menapause moment........Hot flashes and night sweats!!! :haha:

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : My re-occurring problem! Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: My re-occurring problem!   My re-occurring problem! EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 4:17 pm

Both my daughter's have experienced night terrors, where they act as if they are totally awake, but you know they are asleep. One night, the youngest had one that lasted almost half an hour before I could wake her and then get her back to sleep.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: My re-occurring problem!   My re-occurring problem! EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 4:18 pm

Rhonda wrote:
flatbroke wrote:
I think it's more night sweats.

That would be a menapause moment........Hot flashes and night sweats!!! :haha:

I think Larry was just tyring to work menopause into a conversation.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

PostSubject: Re: My re-occurring problem!   My re-occurring problem! EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 4:20 pm

Why is it you women always find answers to problems that start with the letters m-e-n? :unsure:
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: My re-occurring problem!   My re-occurring problem! EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 4:23 pm

Could be because the problems start with the letters m-e-n....... :haha:

Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

PostSubject: Re: My re-occurring problem!   My re-occurring problem! EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 4:26 pm

Rhonda wrote:
Could be because the problems start with the letters m-e-n....... :haha:

:bash:
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: My re-occurring problem!   My re-occurring problem! EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 8:17 pm

Men-opause
Men-ingitis
(the monthly thing)
Men-tal breakdown

See! Anyone else?

OH, I think I did get up last night. My son was looking for his shoes this morning and one was in the living room and the other was in my room. He took them off in the living room...

My re-occurring problem! HummerMy re-occurring problem! MistiKeeperMy re-occurring problem! Bookclub5My re-occurring problem! Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
My re-occurring problem! LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : My re-occurring problem! Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: My re-occurring problem!   My re-occurring problem! EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 12:02 am

OhMy Gosh, Misti, with all that physical activities during your sleep, don't you wake up exhausted? ROTFL

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

PostSubject: Re: My re-occurring problem!   My re-occurring problem! EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 12:40 am

Lily wrote:
OhMy Gosh, Misti, with all that physical activities during your sleep, don't you wake up exhausted? ROTFL

I have so many funny answers to that, you would not believe it.

But I can't say a one of them. Blue
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: My re-occurring problem!   My re-occurring problem! EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 1:53 am

Larry! Frying pan I have seemed to be more tired lately. Don't know if I should blame it on age or all those forums I visit at night...I KNOW I'm not gettin' old, so the blame goes to the forums! ROTFL

Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

PostSubject: Re: My re-occurring problem!   My re-occurring problem! EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 3:16 am

Misti wrote:
Larry! Frying pan I have seemed to be more tired lately. Don't know if I should blame it on age or all those forums I visit at night...I KNOW I'm not gettin' old, so the blame goes to the forums! ROTFL

Yeah...those dang forums...

Muwahahahahahahahahahahaha batEyes
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: My re-occurring problem!   My re-occurring problem! EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 10:11 am

I tend to talk in my sleep. Though my husband says it's usually not audible. Which may be a good thing since who knows what I may be actually saying!

I remember my dad once relaying an incident with my brother, when he was much younger. My dad went up into his room one night and my brother appeared awake. My dad told him something, maybe that it was time to get to bed, I don't remember now. But my brother kept insisting that he had to go out and sweep the sidewalk. The more my dad tried to tell him that he didn't have to do that, the angrier and more insistent my brother got. He was punching the wall and yelling at my dad. Finally my dad told him, "Go ahead and go sweep the sidewalk if that's what you want to do." I think he just ended up going to bed though. He's done strange things like that while sleep-walking, but for some reason, that is the one that sticks out in my mind the most.

My re-occurring problem! PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: My re-occurring problem!   My re-occurring problem! EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 1:44 pm

I've dreamed that I was talking on the phone, and woken up and (still half-asleep), thought that since I wasn't talking anymore, the phone cut out or something, and have actually called Mike, my mother and one of my friends, half asleep and told them I was calling back since the phone cut out. :shy: Luckily, this hasn't happened too often.

My re-occurring problem! ChristinaKeeper2 My re-occurring problem! 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : My re-occurring problem! Happy011

PostSubject: Re: My re-occurring problem!   My re-occurring problem! EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 4:37 pm

It has never happen to me or my Family I'll hide my shoes though Laughing

My re-occurring problem! Jacobk10My re-occurring problem! Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: My re-occurring problem!   My re-occurring problem! EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 9:27 pm

One time... during a power nap (lol) in the summer.... my best friend called my house, asked to talk to me. My brother went to my room , shook me a little and told me my friend was on the phone.
I got up (I was sleepwalking) and walked down the hallway to the kitchen where the phone was. I picked up the phone, looked at it and hung up... walked back to my room back to bed. As you can imagine, my family was looking at me weird... lol they went to my room again and woke me up, told me what I had done and I had NO recollection of it. Laughing

Wow Misti...
There are several movies I have seen but will not recommend to you because who know what dreams you may have... :shifty:

My re-occurring problem! Horses10
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: My re-occurring problem!   My re-occurring problem! EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 1:06 am

flatbroke wrote:
Misti wrote:

Yeah...those dang forums...

Muwahahahahahahahahahahaha batEyes

Whatever forum it was, I'm innocent! batEyes batEyes batEyes batEyes :fullmoon:

Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: My re-occurring problem!   My re-occurring problem! EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 1:11 am

I relayed this info. to my mom and she said when I was young I used to sleepwalk. But my episodes are few and far between but always involve bugs on the wall I'm trying to kill, like scorpions. I think while I'm doing it I kinda wake up and then I tell myself it was only a dream. But during it, it just seems so real. I don't, however, remember the times I pull the covers off the bed. Heck, maybe I just decide to wash the covers at midnight! ROTFL

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : My re-occurring problem! Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: My re-occurring problem!   My re-occurring problem! EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 10:00 am

Wow Misti! That's pretty wild! I'm thinking your hubby must kind of freak out, waking out a dead sleep to find you smacking walls with a shoe!My re-occurring problem! Peureux06 We've only had one sleep-walking experience in our family, and it was about 3 or 4 years ago at camp. We were camping at Traverse City state park, with my parents, in separate trailers. My son, who was 13 or 14 at the time, left our trailer (which was LOCKED) at around 3:00 am, and walked over to my parents trailer that was across the 'street' and knocked on their door. My dad opened it, and he was so confused...my son just said "I need to look for something", my dad let him in, and my son just kind of looked around the trailer (my dad says he seemed dazed) and then he just left!! And my dad just let him GO!!! I guess he figured he knew what he was doing, but the next day my dad asked what he needed and my son had NO recollection. And we had no idea he ever had left the trailer or come back! I guess we're heavy sleepers! :scratch: Anyway, it was scary, because we're just lucky he walked to my parents' trailer and came back to ours...he could have walked the whole campground at 3am, or worse, went into the busy road that was RIGHT behind our trailer!!! So yeah, nothing to mess around with...he's never had another incident though. I really don't know what to suggest for your episodes...I would think it's something you'd want to find some help for though. LOL, I can imagine BOTH you and dahubby are losing valuable sleep! :sleep:

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: My re-occurring problem!   My re-occurring problem! EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 11:03 am

Amy wrote:
Wow Misti! That's pretty wild! I'm thinking your hubby must kind of freak out, waking out a dead sleep to find you smacking walls with a shoe!My re-occurring problem! Peureux06

You would think so, huh, Amy! I guess its been frequent enough that now he just says, "Lay down and go back to sleep!" ROTFL (LOL! I just got the imagine of him waking up to that, me smacking the wall with a shoe!)

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: My re-occurring problem!   My re-occurring problem! EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 2:10 pm

My only problem by night is that I must sleep with some light on in some part of the house, or my window opened just to have some moonlight from outside. I do not like completely dark rooms. But otherwise, I never had a great deal of nightmares. :think:

Vanesa.

My re-occurring problem! Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : My re-occurring problem! Happy011

PostSubject: Re: My re-occurring problem!   My re-occurring problem! EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 3:02 pm

I Have to have a Lamp on on Low Speed

My re-occurring problem! Jacobk10My re-occurring problem! Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My re-occurring problem!   My re-occurring problem! Empty

Back to top Go down

My re-occurring problem!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next