Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Please pray for my friend

Go down 
+9
Rhonda
Vanesa
Amy
Gin
JW
Savannah
Carol
Teresa
LIWnut
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Please pray for my friend Cloud910

Please pray for my friend Empty
PostSubject: Please pray for my friend   Please pray for my friend EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 5:07 pm

I have met a new friend, we work together and this weekend we spent some time together with her 2 young daughters. She has a common-law husband whom she plans to marry and have children with in the near future. Today at work, out of the blue, he called her on her cell and told her that he was moving out. I watched her carefully over the next 20 minutes after getting the news and I am sure that I saw her go into shock. Her face went pale, she was shaking and all of a sudden she had to run to the washroom to throw up. I am so worried about her. She told me that she has to pay the rent and can't afford it alone and so she will have to move. We live really close and I am afraid that she will move who knows where and I will lose contact. She is all alone at the moment. She left work soon after this all happened and I haven't heard from her since. I want to be there for her as a listening ear. Pleas pray for Shannon and her situation and also pray that I give help and support or whatever she needs. I have never been in her situation so I need prayers to know how to help.
Thanks so much to all.

Please pray for my friend MarilynKeeper Please pray for my friend Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : Please pray for my friend Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my friend   Please pray for my friend EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 5:54 pm

Marilyn,
I am so sorry to hear about your friend, Shannon. She will be in my prayers.

Please pray for my friend TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my friend   Please pray for my friend EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 7:10 pm

Wow... that is so terrible. Blue
Just be there for her Marilyn... even if you don't know what to say... sometimes just being next to her... will help her know she's cared for.
What a jerk that guy is... :BatHit:

Maybe this is actually a blessing in disguise... obviously he doesn't appreciate and respect her. mad I'll just say what goes around comes around...

Please pray for my friend Horses10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Please pray for my friend Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my friend   Please pray for my friend EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 8:10 pm

I'll be praying for Shannon, Marilyn. She's blessed to have a friend like you at a time like this.
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Please pray for my friend Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my friend   Please pray for my friend EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 8:49 pm

I'll Pray for For Shannon

Please pray for my friend Jacobk10Please pray for my friend Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Please pray for my friend Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my friend   Please pray for my friend EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 5:04 pm

She will need alot of help now and there are alot of ways you can be there for her Marilyn. You love kids and maybe just giving her some time to herself will be nice. I'm sure she appreciates you being there in any way.

Please pray for my friend Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Please pray for my friend Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my friend   Please pray for my friend EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 5:29 pm

Oh, that poor woman! I can't even imagine. Marilyn, there is a reason you've been brought into her life at this time. She's so lucky to have found you...as everyone else has said, just be there for her, as a listening ear and helping out. I will pray for her, and that God will guide you in how to help in this situation.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my friend   Please pray for my friend EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 6:12 pm

I am very concerned for Shannon today, even more than yesterday. She didn't show up for work today and when she was phoned, she lied that she had booked the day off. It looks like the manager wants to let her go. I can't bear for this to happen because then we will really lose track of each other. Shannon will be out of a job, looking for cheaper rent and who knows what will happen. Please continue to pray. If the menager knew the truth about what my friend is going through, it might be different. But it's not my place to tell her.
I hope to call Shannon tonight to see how she is but please pray for her. I would hate to see her losing her job because of the emotional stress she is going through. Lying isn't the way to go through your troubles. I hope that I can help.
Thanks for your support already. You are all wonderful friends.

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Please pray for my friend Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my friend   Please pray for my friend EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 6:31 pm

I'll pray for Shannon. I'm sure that God will help her .

Vanesa.

Please pray for my friend Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Please pray for my friend Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my friend   Please pray for my friend EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 7:03 pm

Prayers for Shannon.......too many troubles to deal with.......seems to be going around lately No

Please pray for my friend Rhonda10Please pray for my friend Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my friend   Please pray for my friend EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 8:02 pm

Shannon just told me that she got fired. This makes me so angry. My boss, the owner, is a great guy but it was him who got the manager to fire her. I am sure that if he knew the story, he would change his mind. But Shannon says that she is too bogged down to put her heart into this job so she will find another.
She also said that I am "stuck" with her so that is good news for me, hallulujah, PTL! Keep praying though, we both need it.
Thanks again. Love ya!

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my friend   Please pray for my friend EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 8:28 pm

Oh gosh Marilyn, this sounds exactly like another woman I know from Canada who is going through the same type of thing. Common law hubby just up and left her with the 2 kids, 1 of them with medical issues.

I'll certainly be praying for Shannon and her family,

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Please pray for my friend LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Please pray for my friend Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my friend   Please pray for my friend EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 10:09 pm

Marilyn, I'm so sorry to hear the hardship of your friend, Shannon. We're all praying for her. Shannon is truly blessed to have a dear friend like you.

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my friend   Please pray for my friend EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 10:18 am

I am so sorry to hear about your friend, Marilyn. I will certainly keep her in my prayers.

What a terrible shock for her and it was so cold of her common law husband to call her on the phone like that while she was at work. It sounds like she will be better off without him.

Please pray for my friend PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my friend   Please pray for my friend EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 4:26 pm

i haven't heard from Shannon yet today but last night the hubby was coming home to talk things over. She promised that she would call me and let me know how things were going. I have only known Shannon for about 2 weeks but it seems like I have known her for much longer. I personally believe that the Lord brought us together so I could help her in her time of need. Yikes, what a responsibility!!! I really consider her a dear friend already, hope she feels the same.
Thanks for praying. I'll keep you all updated.
Love ya.

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my friend   Please pray for my friend EmptyFri Feb 29, 2008 6:07 pm

You're so right about God bringing you too together in her time of need; you're her angel, Marilyn, and I'm sure she really appreciates having a thoughtful friend checking up on her and being there to listen. How did things go with her husband? She and her children are in my prayers! Prayers going up for you, too. {{hugs}}

Please pray for my friend ChristinaKeeper2 Please pray for my friend 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my friend   Please pray for my friend EmptySat Mar 01, 2008 5:07 pm

They are back together trying to talk things out and make it work. She and I were supposed to go out today but I never heard from her. I keep calling her but she doesn't call back. I hope I'm not being a pesky friend, lol.

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my friend   Please pray for my friend EmptySat Mar 01, 2008 11:19 pm

I was scheduled to go out for a coffee with Shannon today. We talked on the phone last night and she said that she would call when she got up this morning and off we would go. I never heard from her so I got worried and tried to call but no luck. She sent a text to me about an hour ago saying that she got evicted today. She is very upset and now has to go and get a bank loan and try to find another place. I don't know what's happening with the hubby or why she got evicted but she definately is going through a lot right now. Please keep praying for her. Tomorrow I hope to show up in her door and see what help I can be. Pray for me too to have the right loving words to give.
Thanks everyone. God is in control. I just hope that I can convince Shannon of this or show her by my example.

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my friend   Please pray for my friend EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 12:06 am

Marilyn,
You and Shannon will be in my prayers. She is lucky to have such a caring and supportive friend like you!

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my friend   Please pray for my friend EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 1:21 pm

I'll continue to keep Shannon in my prayers.

Please pray for my friend PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my friend   Please pray for my friend EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 1:30 pm

I got a text from Shannon this morning. She is soo upset and says that "everything is falling apart." I offered to go over and spend time with her today but her youngest daughter is having a birthday party today. Shannon also mentioned that they will likely move to Brittish Columbia because it is cheaper to live out there. I am very fearful of this idea because then I will not be able to get to know her as I so desperately want to. I am afraid that she is running away from her problems. I can't blame her though, her world has fallen apart.
God is in control, I have to remember that. I just hope that I can be and do whatever He wants me to in the time I have with her. She has to be out of her house by Apr 15th.
Keep praying for both of us. I know that prayer works. Thanks so much.

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my friend   Please pray for my friend EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 4:12 pm

Marilyn,
Does Shannon have any family members nearby?

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my friend   Please pray for my friend EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 6:59 pm

Yes, her parents live about half an hour away. His father lives about 1.5 hr drive away. I don't know what siblings she has but I think she did mention a sister. I have only known Shannon for a very short time and am afraid that if she moves out west, our time together is limited.

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my friend   Please pray for my friend EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 5:12 pm

Just had a chat on the phone with Shannon. She has found another job at another coffee shop that is closer to home. So I am thankful that that prayer has been answered. She ad the c-l hubby are working at their relationship and are doing well at the moment so thanks for your prayers in that area.
She is still having to move out of her home and not just sure where she will be heading. They are still considering B.C. and that doesn't make me very happy. I am praying that they decide to stay around here. But God is still in control and I will trust Him and pray for His will to be done in this.
Thanks for praying everyone. I will keep you all updated.

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my friend   Please pray for my friend EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 11:03 pm

I'm afraid that Shannon is acting too quickly, without thinking a luttle about what to do. The worst thing you can do when you are in a crise is to act in a hurry. You can take a bad decission. It's a very similar case than when Charles Ingalls wanted to sell his house and fly away from Walunt Grove only for a tornado had strike his farm. If you may, talk to your friend and said to her that she must think 100 times before doing something new. Blue. Sometimes we acts on anger or desperation and we does very wrong things without really wanting it.

Vanesa.

Please pray for my friend Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my friend   Please pray for my friend Empty

Back to top Go down

Please pray for my friend
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next