Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Upcoming appointments

Go down 
+6
ChristinaAL
Misti
Farmer Girl
LIWnut
pamh36
Savannah
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Upcoming appointments Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426
Mood : Upcoming appointments Happy010

Upcoming appointments Empty
PostSubject: Upcoming appointments   Upcoming appointments EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 1:06 pm

In about a week, my Dad has an appointment with the surgeon to see how things are progressing. If things look good, they'll set up a surgery date to reattach my Dad's colon. He's really wanting to get this done as quickly as possible. I know that he'd appreciate prayers that the surgery can be done soon. For one thing, he's tired of the limitations........And for another, the supplies for the colostomy are very expensive. He told me that he'd be happy if the surgeon just told him "Hey, looks good . . . . Let's cut tomorrow". grinsmiley That's not likely........but you get the idea. So, prayers would be appreciated.

Thank you all!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming appointments   Upcoming appointments EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 1:09 pm

PS
My Dad also just celebrated one month of being smoke-free Applause, after having smoked since he was 12 years old!
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming appointments   Upcoming appointments EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 1:28 pm

Your dad is in my prayers! Please keep us posted.

And good for your dad for being smoke-free! I know that is a really hard thing to do.

Upcoming appointments PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Upcoming appointments Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming appointments   Upcoming appointments EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 5:07 pm

Congrats Dad!!
Prayers for him are coming from Canada.

Upcoming appointments MarilynKeeper Upcoming appointments Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Farmer Girl
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Farmer Girl

Number of posts : 2578
Mood : Upcoming appointments Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming appointments   Upcoming appointments EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 6:12 pm

Congrats to your dad!! I've always heard that smoking is a really hard habit to break. ☮

Upcoming appointments FGKeeper

~ Home is the nicest word there is ~

Upcoming appointments Little
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming appointments   Upcoming appointments EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 6:13 pm

Savannah wrote:
PS
My Dad also just celebrated one month of being smoke-free Applause, after having smoked since he was 12 years old!

That is great, Savannah! He is in my prayers. And congrats. on him being smoke free! Encourage him as much as you can because I know from experience it is a hard habit to break. I grew up with parents that smoked for over 16 years each but over 20 years ago, they both quit and they are glad every day of their lives that they did. And so are their kids!

If you don't mind, can I throw in a request, too? For about a week or more, when David eats, he says he feels like the food is like a big lump sitting in his stomach. Today he told me that when he used the restroom, there was some blood. So, I told him he needed to make an appt. and he figured he'd get in by the end of the month. I'm worried & I hoped he would get in sooner.

Well, he called me today and said he got in for tomorrow. So, please keep him in your prayers, that it is something minor. With the recent deaths in his family lately, it gives me the "heebie jeebies!" :unsure:

Upcoming appointments HummerUpcoming appointments MistiKeeperUpcoming appointments Bookclub5Upcoming appointments Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming appointments   Upcoming appointments EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 6:36 pm

Prayers are definitely going out, Misti. Smiley Hug
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming appointments   Upcoming appointments EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 4:24 pm

Praying for Savannah's dad and David. Let us know how both of their appointments go, ladies!

Upcoming appointments ChristinaKeeper2 Upcoming appointments 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Upcoming appointments Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming appointments   Upcoming appointments EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 5:01 pm

I'm praying for your dad, Savannah. And I'm happy he could stop smoking. My grandpa is always trying to stop it too, and he can't.

Vanesa.

Upcoming appointments Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Upcoming appointments Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming appointments   Upcoming appointments EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 8:24 pm

I'm Will be Praying for your Dad and for David Misti Congrats To your Dad that he has been smoke free for a Month My Dad has Smoke from around 12 Years old too But he Does't Quit He had a Lung test a While back at his Work and the Test Show he had a Spot on his Lungs but they say it's not Cancer Thank Goodness He Once quit though for a month i think but when My Brother Was Born (My parents Oldest Son) He Got Bord in the Hosiptal and he Started again Lame Excuse Lol Well it makes Sense cause his Parents were both Heavy Smokers so he did't learn anything else really Ok I said More then you wanted to know

Upcoming appointments Jacobk10Upcoming appointments Jacob210
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming appointments   Upcoming appointments EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 8:26 pm

PS Misti David is your Husband right? I always Forget what all of your Ladies Husbands Names are I think Rhondas Husbands name is Rick Right? and the Rest are Blink :think:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming appointments   Upcoming appointments EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 8:30 pm

Praying for your dad, Savannah. That's an accomplishment to quit smoking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming appointments   Upcoming appointments EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 8:37 pm

Misti wrote:

If you don't mind, can I throw in a request, too? For about a week or more, when David eats, he says he feels like the food is like a big lump sitting in his stomach. Today he told me that when he used the restroom, there was some blood. So, I told him he needed to make an appt. and he figured he'd get in by the end of the month. I'm worried & I hoped he would get in sooner.

Well, he called me today and said he got in for tomorrow. So, please keep him in your prayers, that it is something minor. With the recent deaths in his family lately, it gives me the "heebie jeebies!" :unsure:

I will be praying for your husband, Misti. I'm glad he got in earlier.
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming appointments   Upcoming appointments EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 9:25 pm

Misti wrote:
Savannah wrote:
PS

That is great, Savannah! He is in my prayers. And congrats. on him being smoke free! Encourage him as much as you can because I know from experience it is a hard habit to break. I grew up with parents that smoked for over 16 years each but over 20 years ago, they both quit and they are glad every day of their lives that they did. And so are their kids!

Misti, David is in my thoughts and prayers.

Upcoming appointments PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming appointments   Upcoming appointments EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 11:14 pm

JW wrote:
PS Misti David is your Husband right? I always Forget what all of your Ladies Husbands Names are I think Rhondas Husbands name is Rick Right? and the Rest are Blink :think:

Yes, Jacob, my husband's name is David. To make it easier I usually just refer to him (on this board) as "hubby." Rhonda's husband's name is Sam.

Thanks, everyone! I really appreciate it. They drew blood and checked him "down below." Wednesday, he goes in for a scan of his stomach to see what that turns up. I'll keep everyone updated! Love you all! Love

Upcoming appointments HummerUpcoming appointments MistiKeeperUpcoming appointments Bookclub5Upcoming appointments Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Upcoming appointments LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Upcoming appointments Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming appointments   Upcoming appointments EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 11:02 pm

Savannah, I'll remember your dad in my prayer. Congratulations to your dad for quitting smoking!! Cheer

Misti, your hubby will be in my prayer too.

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Upcoming appointments Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming appointments   Upcoming appointments EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 11:12 am

Congrats to your dad, Savannah, on being smoke-free for a month! Good for him! I have a friend whose hubby quit smoking a couple of months ago, and has gained a bunch of weight (that he'd lost) back. He's really upset about it. But it's more important that he's smoke-free than anything else!

Misti, I hope the results come back ok for David. I'm sure you're on pins and needles waiting. My dad had some blood too, and found out he just can't have any kind of peanuts or nuts anymore! Hopefully it'll be sth simple like that. My hubby is 45, and it's about time for him to go in for a colonoscopy, just to be on the safe side of things. I know he's dreading it, but you do watcha gotta do sometimes!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming appointments   Upcoming appointments EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 8:48 pm

Misti how is your Husband Doing? What did the Doc Say?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming appointments   Upcoming appointments Empty

Back to top Go down

Upcoming appointments
Page 1 of 1