Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

7th Heaven

Go down 
+9
littlehouselover
jes9
emilyanneoftheprairie
ChristinaAL
JW
bethandmanly
Coach Jon
Savannah
Carol
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : 7th Heaven Happy010

7th Heaven Empty
PostSubject: 7th Heaven   7th Heaven EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 12:27 pm

Okay, so since I got a DVR, I was able to record some shows I never had a chance to see before because of time....
One of the shows I have been watching since episode 1 is 7th Heaven. I am towards the end of Season 6 but I have decided to stop watching it and deleting the rest of the shows I have recorded.

The plot is just getting tiring and silly already... it seems like the kids are "Dating Obsessive", I mean, they were not happy unless they had someone. I don't like how Lucy seems like this 'know-it-all' little girl who likes to stick her nose in the older people's business and gives them dating advice Huh?

And what happened to Annie Camden? Man... that woman got annoying! mad I didn't like how the kids got when they got dumped by someone... it was like if their lives were over, they got depressed and had NO self esteem whatsoever!

I'm done with 7th Heaven... Wave

7th Heaven Horses10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
7th Heaven Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

7th Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7th Heaven   7th Heaven EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 12:40 pm

I totally agree. I have some friends who adore the show, but I just have never been able to enjoy it. Maybe it's because I'm very close to my Pastor's family, and compared the Camdens to them. For instance, I saw one episode where two of the children were trying to find out what happens after a person dies. It's been years since I saw the episode, so I'm not clear on details, but I do remember being rather shocked that a child, who is the daughter or son of a Christian, would have no education in that area. From the time they were babies, my nieces and nephews have been taught from the Bible, and been told the plan of salvation - and we aren't even a preacher's family, like the Camden kids came from. The children in the show didn't feel that they could go to their father, because he was too busy, so they went to people of all kinds of different faiths. I guess that was supposed to be a little political correctness, or a way to show an embracing of all faiths........But in real life? Any father who has a heart for his child's soul would be heartbroken that his child felt that they had to go to someone else because Dad was too busy to help them spiritually.

And I TOTALLY agree about them being dating crazy. Their whole life revolved around dating. If they broke up with anyone, they lost all self worth. What kind of message does that send? *rolls eyes*

I very quickly developed a strong dislike for the show. (I think I saw three episodes from differing seasons) And my friends.....LOL.......they think I'm slightly nuts. "It's a family show! How can you not like it??" *shrugs* Comes easily for me. :haha:
Back to top Go down
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

Number of posts : 465
Location : The Harriet Oleson Institute for the Advancement of Blind Children

7th Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7th Heaven   7th Heaven EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 1:49 pm

I never got into this show, so I don't have much an opinion about it. I watched maybe two or three full episodes, but it just never took with me as being that great.

I grew up in parsonages (my father is a minister)... so I lived the PK life. On the other hand, my parents like what they've seen of this show (granted, they've only watched episodes from the first three seasons). So to each their own.

7th Heaven NelliesRestaurantAdvertisement
"Only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

7th Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7th Heaven   7th Heaven EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 2:54 pm

Yeah Savannah,
I have seen enough of that show… lol
I admit I did like it at first and there are even episodes that made me cry but as the show kept going... it started going downhill
These are some examples of crazy plots….

*In one episode Simon and his junior high girlfriend are both wearing turtlenecks around the house because they have given each other hickeys. First the girlfriend kept wining and getting upset with Simon because it's his fault she's having to wear a turtleneck and complains she's hot even though it's February lol. So to punish him, she gives him one and now Simon has to wear a turtleneck. During the twins birthday party they both feel it necessary to not only confess but to also show their 'marks', lol to the entire family Laughing

*One time while Simon is supposed to be babysitting his little twin brothers… the girl he has over jumps on top of him and they start having a heavy make out session right in front of the twins, the Minister dad comes in and all he does is frown a little lol and quietly takes the boys away from them.

*I don’t like how Annie thinks that when she’s on her raging hormone state, she can act like however she wants reducing her husband to talk in whisper and afraid to take a step that will set her off like a time bomb. As a “supposed” christian family, she should know that she should NOT treat her husband that way…. Poor Mr. Camden tried his best and he just looked scared because Annie was a ticking time bomb… When he did stand up for himself Annie acted like "How daaaaaare he?!" I just want to get inside the TV and slap her lol

*Matt and this girl, after having ONE date, get married and yet are scared to tell their parents they are actually married. Ruthie calls the hotel where Matt is having his honeymoon (LOL) and finds out they are married and they ask her to keep it a secret. Matt is living at home and at night sneaks out to spend time with his wife…. Mr. Camden interrogates Ruthie asking if she knows anything about Matt, Ruthie who is supposed to be a little girl is having to deal w/ carrying this secret and lets her big brother Matt know she’s feeling pressured and all he says is “Ruthie, you better not say anything!” Arrrrgh! What a jerk!!

Basically every episode is about who's dating who? Who's in love with who? Who stalked who? Who dumped who? Who did Annie yell at? Who did Ruthie give advice to? lol....

7th Heaven Horses10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : 7th Heaven Bokmal10

7th Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7th Heaven   7th Heaven EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 4:15 pm

Yeah, I loved the earlier episodes much better than the later ones. I watched the Season finale before it switched networks, but I never watched in on CW. I never cuaght Melissa Gilbert's episode either.

The thing that bugged me even more than the dating stuff was how the Camden home became a place for every trouble teen to live.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
7th Heaven Princesrank
Savannah

7th Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7th Heaven   7th Heaven EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 8:07 pm

Coach Jon wrote:
......So to each their own.

That sums it up pretty well. grinsmiley Like I said, I have friends who really enjoy the show....And it's been on for years, so obviously it has a fan base. I'm just not part of that base. batEyes
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : 7th Heaven Happy011

7th Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7th Heaven   7th Heaven EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 2:05 pm

I Was Thinking a Few weeks ago or Talking to my Sister she should Buy season One of 7th Heaven so that we could watch some kind of TV show cause i thought it look interesting but after reading this i won't bother her anymore lol grinsmiley

7th Heaven Jacobk107th Heaven Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

7th Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7th Heaven   7th Heaven EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 3:59 pm

I do like the earlier seasons because the storylines were good and had different type of issues... but after a while... the storylines mostly involved dating/relationship...

The show has 11 seasons...

Jacob, do you have Netflix? You should try it? That way, you can rent the DVDs of any show that looks interesting to you Thumbsup

7th Heaven Horses10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

7th Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7th Heaven   7th Heaven EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 5:43 pm

Yes, the earlier seasons are really good, but once the Camden children were all old enough to date it just got annoying.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

7th Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7th Heaven   7th Heaven EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 7:40 pm

No Carol I don't have netflex do they have that in Canada too? I have heard of it i saw it on TV that they even mail the DVD's to you it would be really cool

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

7th Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7th Heaven   7th Heaven EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 10:52 pm

JW wrote:
No Carol I don't have netflex do they have that in Canada too? I have heard of it i saw it on TV that they even mail the DVD's to you it would be really cool

I searched but it looks like you don't have it. BUT... you do have zip.ca, which is the same thing...

Check it out: http://www.zip.ca/dvd/index.aspx Thumbsup

7th Heaven Horses10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
7th Heaven Princesrank
Savannah

7th Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7th Heaven   7th Heaven EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 10:54 pm

Carol, you can find ANYTHING! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

7th Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7th Heaven   7th Heaven EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 1:39 pm

Thanks Carol I'll have to look in to it

Back to top Go down

7th Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7th Heaven   7th Heaven EmptyTue May 20, 2008 9:16 pm

I liked 7th heaven......It was a great show one i could actreal watch with my mother..

I HATED season 11...thought it was soooooooooooo boring! and thoses 2 new girls that joined the show annoyed me for some reason!
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

7th Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7th Heaven   7th Heaven EmptySat May 24, 2008 4:14 pm

I liked the early seasons of the show when the kids were young. I'm not sure after what season I stopped enjoying it, LOL, maybe somewhere in the middle. It got to be way too much like a soap opera. Better than some of the other wacky shows out there, but not great.

I wanted to see the season finale, though, so much so that I watched it in the hotel where we were staying on vacation, and unfortunately subjected several other people to watching it, LOL, and it was so disappointing. I wish they didn't even bring it back for the last season, I didn't even tune in past the first episode of that.

7th Heaven ChristinaKeeper2 7th Heaven 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538

7th Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7th Heaven   7th Heaven EmptyMon May 26, 2008 8:52 pm

i used to like it but then it got boring. like some of you said, when they started dating it was all gross and stuff Wink . it was all like lets kiss and i'm like hello you are a pastor's family show a little respect.

7th Heaven Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
7th Heaven Cute-2
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

7th Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7th Heaven   7th Heaven EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 8:17 pm

Sorry to respond to such an old thread, but I don't check this board very often. I guess I'm in the minority here, because 7th Heaven is one of my favorite shows. It or The Simpsons is probably my second favorite. Oddly enough, I didn't start watching it until the last season was running on CW, and it was my rediscovery of LHotP that led me to discover 7th Heaven. After getting hooked on LHotP again, I found it disappointing that there were little or no current TV shows that were wholesome, and while Googling the topic I ran across the Wikipedia article for 7th Heaven. I had always assumed it was an overly religious show and not being a religious person I had always thought it wouldn't be interesting to me. However, after reading the Wikipedia article, I thought I'd give it a try. I started watching the reruns, which were on ABC Family at the time. When I started watching, they were showing season 10. I mostly liked what I saw -- enough to keep watching. Soon, ABC Family reached the end of season 10, and since they didn't yet have the rights to show season 11, they went back to season 1. When I started watching the early episodes, I got completely hooked on it, and I thought, "Wow, this is a really great show! I should have been watching it all along."

I guess what I like most about the show are the relationships among the characters and how they support each other even though they all get on each other's nerves. I also like the show's mostly wholesome messages, as I think it has the right messages about the things that can get young people in trouble, e.g. drugs, sex, and violence. I like that when the kids do stupid things, there are consequences. I think the casting was very well done, as it seems to me that all of the actors/actresses play their parts very well. I think Mackenzie Rosman is one of the best child actresses/actors I've seen who started at 5 or 6 years old -- in the same category as Keshia Knight Pulliam and Ron Howard. One negative thing about the show is what others have already mentioned -- the emphasis on dating and the frequency of teenagers making out. Another is the introduction of numerous extra characters. I enjoyed the introduction of Robbie, Kevin, and Ben, but it got a bit ridiculous with all of the new characters such as Cecelia, Chandler, Roxanne, and Peter and his family. And then later on there were Jane, Margaret, T-Bone, and Mac, none of whom were very interesting. Martin and Sandy were OK, I guess. The show definitely declined in quality in the later seasons, but I think that's true of most TV shows, especially TV shows with kids.

7th Heaven JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

7th Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7th Heaven   7th Heaven EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 2:52 pm

I am Watching the Last season now i can really tell they need to stop cause its just not that interesting anymore, Loved the first 8 seasons though

Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

7th Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7th Heaven   7th Heaven EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 3:50 pm

Sometimes they take a perfectly good show and try to make it more like what people think of "modern culture". My twins thought the same thing, favorite characters, they couldn't relate to anymore, it got annoying to them also and it was like they changed writers.

It was like LHOP trying to do the rape shows and things like that...leave that to Law and Order, you don't have to change the show that much.

My daughter's also liked Gilmore Girls but she said once she went to college, she changed and she lost interest.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : 7th Heaven Headac10

7th Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7th Heaven   7th Heaven EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 5:00 pm

I think on the last season of Gilmore girls wasn't THAT good.When they changed writers.

I kind of forgeting what happned in 7th heaven.It's been such a long time sence i watched it.I will say that i did enjoy the show very much,

I think lucy and mary were just boy crazy! Which i guess is normal for teens.Tho being a pastors kids.You would think maybe real past children wouldn't be acting like that.

I do think they should have stoped at season 10.Season 11 was very boring.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

7th Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7th Heaven   7th Heaven EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 11:04 pm

Quote :

I think the original plan was to stop after season 10. I think season 11 was added at the last minute, after WB and UPN merged to create the CW network. I think I remember reading they had to scramble to reassemble the cast.

I would like to see a 7th Heaven reunion movie, however. My idea for a plot is for Ruthie and Martin to get married, with Eric performing the ceremony as his last official act as a minister before retiring and handing over the senior pastor position to Lucy.

BTW, 7th Heaven is now on GMC. They also have The Waltons, Dr. Quinn, Heartland, and Family Ties.

7th Heaven JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

7th Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7th Heaven   7th Heaven EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 1:45 am

I think it would of been nice if Mary had stayed in the Show i also would like it if she had married Ben But i do like Carlos as well, that reminds me i have a Co-worker that looks a lot like Carlos Laughing

Yes John I also would like to See a 7th Heaven Reunion movie or even like a Mini season with maybe 3, 2 hour movies and lots of interviews with the cast,

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

7th Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7th Heaven   7th Heaven EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 10:50 am

jes9 wrote:
Quote :

I think the original plan was to stop after season 10. I think season 11 was added at the last minute, after WB and UPN merged to create the CW network. I think I remember reading they had to scramble to reassemble the cast.

You're right. Here's an article that discusses the resurrection of 7th Heaven: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB115931596049875005.html I stopped watching the show not long after Lucy got married. I found her and her cop hubby annoying. I also got tired of the Camdens opening their home to everyone who needed help. Yes, he was a pastor, and therefore would be instrumental in helping all these people, but everyone didn't need to live there.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : 7th Heaven Headac10

7th Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7th Heaven   7th Heaven EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 11:26 am

I agree it would have been nice if Mary stayed on the show.Some movies would have been awesome Smile

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : 7th Heaven Purple2

7th Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7th Heaven   7th Heaven EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 3:44 pm

I haven't watched the show in a long time. I have season 1 on DVD. Annie got on my nerves at times.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

7th Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7th Heaven   7th Heaven Empty

Back to top Go down

7th Heaven
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next