Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Highway To Heaven

Go down 
+5
Rhonda
Coach Jon
Amy
bethandmanly
Kristina
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7865
Mood : Highway To Heaven Bokmal10

Highway To Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Highway To Heaven   Highway To Heaven EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 11:42 am

for Christmas, I got season 1 of Highway To Heaven for my mom. does anyone know if Michael Landon made other seasons of this show after the first one?
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

Highway To Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway To Heaven   Highway To Heaven EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 1:56 pm

There are five seasons total. The first three have been released on DVD, but there are no immediate plans to release the last two seasons because sales have been so low.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Highway To Heaven Love-s10

Highway To Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway To Heaven   Highway To Heaven EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 10:34 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
There are five seasons total. The first three have been released on DVD, but there are no immediate plans to release the last two seasons because sales have been so low.

This is ironic. We just ate at Cracker Barrel this morning and in their gift shop I saw the Highway to Heaven dvd set, season 1. You know, I really enjoyed that show back in the day, but I really didn't feel a pull to buy it. This could just be me, but I just don't think Highway to Heaven stands the test of time like Little House, or some of the other 'classic' series. It had a very 'hokey' feel to it, something that didn't bother me back then, but might be a bit too much to endure by today's standards. I don't know, maybe I'm way off base here. Just thinking out loud! Whistle

I will say though, Ingallsfan, that if you're a big fan (obviously so) that the first few seasons were definitely the best. The ratings really slipped for H to H with the last couple of seasons. I remember enjoying Season 1 the most. Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Highway To Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway To Heaven   Highway To Heaven EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 10:38 pm

I understand exactly what you're saying Amy. I watched it off an on during the time it aired, but it wasn't a must see for me. If Michael and Victor weren't in it, I doubt I would have watched it much. It dealt with harsh issues, but it didn't hold the appeal for me that Touched by an Angel did.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Highway To Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway To Heaven   Highway To Heaven EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 11:57 am

Ok, glad it's not just me. Wink It wasn't a 'bad' show by any means---the concept was good I thought, I just thought it was a bit over the top, especially by the last couple of seasons.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down

Highway To Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway To Heaven   Highway To Heaven EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 9:17 pm

I loved this show.
Back to top Go down
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

Number of posts : 465
Location : The Harriet Oleson Institute for the Advancement of Blind Children

Highway To Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway To Heaven   Highway To Heaven EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 6:57 pm

I have the first season on DVD... it's the only Michael Landon series I watched when I was younger and I agree that it doesn't age as well as Bonanza or LHOTP. But it has its moments. I'll certainly never forget the Halloween werewolf episode.

Highway To Heaven NelliesRestaurantAdvertisement
"Only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Highway To Heaven Purple2

Highway To Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway To Heaven   Highway To Heaven EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 7:03 pm

I used to watch Highway to Heaven all the time, and when seeing it, I was reminded of the episode on LHOTP, "He Was Only Twelve". I often wonder if this episode inspired Michael Landon to write and produce Highway to Heaven. Since HWOT was so way out there for a LH episode, and H2H was kind of out there as well.....it just seemed like that was the direction ML was going in...... :think:

Highway To Heaven Rhonda10Highway To Heaven Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Highway To Heaven Happy011

Highway To Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway To Heaven   Highway To Heaven EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 4:17 pm

I saw season 1 of Highway to Heaven in Walmart today for $9 thats Cheap enough to buy even if it wasn't the greatest show still worth buying for that price, I already own season 1 but i'll keep my eye out for more seasons Smile

Highway To Heaven Jacobk10Highway To Heaven Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

Highway To Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway To Heaven   Highway To Heaven EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 9:40 pm

Well, I bought this today for $7.50. Pretty good price for a whole season. I do hope I can find the others if I enjoy it enough to look for more seasons.

When it aired I just couldn't watch it. Michael was Pa Ingalls to me, not Johnathan. I loved that he and Victor were working together again, but it just didn't work for me. I will give it another shot and see how I like it now.

I love finding cheap dvds. I am like a squirrel storing up nuts for winter. hee! hee!

Highway To Heaven Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Highway To Heaven Happy011

Highway To Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway To Heaven   Highway To Heaven EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 11:40 pm

We are just alike in that area Gin i love buying dvds, I told my self i was gonna stop unless i found an exceptional deal.

I found season 2 at walmart for $9 a while back it looks like they are re releasing them again.

Highway To Heaven Jacobk10Highway To Heaven Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Highway To Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway To Heaven   Highway To Heaven EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 3:01 pm

Oh, how I wish I could just come by and get you Jacob and go dvd shopping together! I do hope they are releasing them again. That would be great. Its a good show and who knows, those that watch might discover Little House if they hadn't already.

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Highway To Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway To Heaven   Highway To Heaven EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 4:21 pm

The first two seasons were rereleased last year and the third season this month. Viewers are complaining, however, that despite claiming "uncut" they have been edited and that the quality is very poor.

Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7865

Highway To Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway To Heaven   Highway To Heaven EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 5:28 pm

turned on the tv channel that sometimes shows Highway to Heaven episodes, and the episode with Matt Laborteaux is on!  Smile 
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Highway To Heaven Headac10

Highway To Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway To Heaven   Highway To Heaven EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 4:13 pm

I don't remember watching this show.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

Highway To Heaven Empty
PostSubject: The Right Thing   Highway To Heaven EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 11:58 am

Well Krissy, you can watch it right here!
ingallsfan2008 wrote:
turned on the tv channel that sometimes shows Highway to Heaven episodes, and the episode with Matt Laborteaux is on!  Smile 

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Highway To Heaven Headac10

Highway To Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway To Heaven   Highway To Heaven EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 2:27 pm

Cool. Thanks.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Highway To Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway To Heaven   Highway To Heaven EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 3:22 pm

I just bought seasons 2 and 3. I sure hope they eventually have 4 and 5. Haven't started watching it yet, but will soon.

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

Highway To Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway To Heaven   Highway To Heaven EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 3:27 pm

Want a guest star list?
Just Kidding!

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Highway To Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway To Heaven   Highway To Heaven EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 8:58 pm

I've seen the star list. Its full of some awesome ones. I will probably have some time to get started soon. Can't wait.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Highway To Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway To Heaven   Highway To Heaven EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 1:24 pm

Oh cool. Enjoy, Gin! Thumbsup  It's been ages since I've seen this show....

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Highway To Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway To Heaven   Highway To Heaven Empty

Back to top Go down

Highway To Heaven
Page 1 of 1