Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Little House on RTN

Go down 
+2
Rhonda
Toby
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Toby
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Toby

Number of posts : 239

Little House on RTN Empty
PostSubject: Little House on RTN   Little House on RTN EmptyTue May 13, 2008 7:16 pm

With the change of broadcast TV from analog to digital, there is a new network called Retro Television Network (RTN) that some main stations are putting on their digital substations. You can get it over the air if you are in the right area. Some cable providers also have RTN if there is an RTN station in the area. They show Little House along with several other classic shows. In the Detroit area it is on 7.2 if you have a digital TV and it's also on Comcast and a couple other cable providers. Check this page to see if you have it in your area. http://www.rtnville.com/programming.html
Not every RTN station shows every RTN show, but in Detroit, Little House is on 9am Monday-Friday and 5pm Sunday. Besides Little House, the following is my favorite part of their Monday-Friday lineup.

5:00 PM Brady Bunch
5:30 PM Family Ties
6:00 PM Happy Days
6:30 PM Laverne & Shirley
7:00 PM Happy Days

They also show Knight Rider, Bonanza, Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew, etc.

Unfortunately I don't have a digital TV and I subscribe to Uverse, which doesn't currently offer RTN. I will probably buy a digital converter box just so I can watch this station. I watched the station at my mom's house for a little while and they even show retro commercials. It seems to be what TVLand should be. I was wondering if anybody gets RTN in their area and if Little House has less scenes missing than it does on Hallmark.
Back to top Go down
https://littlehousebluray.wordpress.com/
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Little House on RTN Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Little House on RTN   Little House on RTN EmptyTue May 13, 2008 7:28 pm

How cool Toby......I will have to check that link and see if it is in our area.......What a line up for Monday night, well worth getting it.... Thumbsup

Little House on RTN Rhonda10Little House on RTN Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Little House on RTN   Little House on RTN EmptyTue May 13, 2008 8:47 pm

That's cool. I notice RTN has many of the same shows as TV Land, but I think RTN has a better overall lineup. Unfortunately, there's no RTN affiliate here in the Cincinnati market. For the most part, our digital subchannels are going to waste. Two of them are 24/7 weather channels, and another has been blank for a year or so -- ever since "The Tube" went bankrupt. The PBS station here uses their subchannel, but the only real commercial subchannel at the moment is 12.2, which is the CW affiliate.

Digital TV kind of reminds me of where FM radio was in the early '70s, back when most people only had those pushbutton AM radios in their cars. Then in the mid-'70s, station managers began to realize there was big money to be made on FM radio, and most of the music formats migrated from AM to FM. I think we'll see more digital TV subchannels being used once the transition from analog to digital is complete next year.

Little House on RTN JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Little House on RTN Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Little House on RTN   Little House on RTN EmptyTue May 13, 2008 11:47 pm

Wow, there are a lot of cool shows! Applause

Little House on RTN Horses10
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Little House on RTN   Little House on RTN EmptyWed May 14, 2008 5:46 pm

Wow, that does sound like a great line-up! And LH at 5 Sunday - what a great way to end that afternoon! Thumbsup Unfortunately, I don't think there's an affiliate in my area either Blue

Little House on RTN ChristinaKeeper2 Little House on RTN 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Little House on RTN   Little House on RTN EmptyWed May 14, 2008 6:55 pm

I live in the Detroit area, but we don't have digital. Kind of makes me wish we did! It sounds like there are a lot of good shows.

Little House on RTN PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Toby
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Toby

Number of posts : 239

PostSubject: Re: Little House on RTN   Little House on RTN EmptyFri May 16, 2008 1:35 pm

pamh36 wrote:
I live in the Detroit area, but we don't have digital. Kind of makes me wish we did! It sounds like there are a lot of good shows.

If you have digital cable through Comcast, Charter, Brighthouse or WOW, there is still a chance you get the channel even if you don't have a digital TV. I don't think the satellite companies have it in the Detroit area though. I do believe you can get the channel with the digital converter boxes that the government is offering coupons for.
Back to top Go down
https://littlehousebluray.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little House on RTN   Little House on RTN Empty

Back to top Go down

Little House on RTN
Page 1 of 1