Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Movie Recommendations For You!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Movie Recommendations For You! Happy010

Movie Recommendations For You! Empty
PostSubject: Movie Recommendations For You!   Movie Recommendations For You! EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 4:47 pm

I would like to recommend a great movie I saw. grinsmiley Movie Popcorn
It's the Shining.

(Posted by Robobos)

Let me know what you think after you watch the film! Wink

Movie Recommendations For You! Horses10
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations For You!   Movie Recommendations For You! EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 4:54 pm

Carol, was this the first time you've ever seen it? I've seen it quite a few times. It's a classic!! Jack Nicholson is awesome in it. That particular preview doesn't quite let you know what you're in for, if you know what I mean. I think that it's probably one of the top 10 horror films of all time.

Movie Recommendations For You! TeresaKeeper

Last edited by Teresa on Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations For You!   Movie Recommendations For You! EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 4:57 pm

I've seen it about three times I think. Thumbsup Jack the writer can sure type a lot of pages... what dedication he has! Type

Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Movie Recommendations For You! Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations For You!   Movie Recommendations For You! EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 5:04 pm

I don't do scary movies, Carol, cos I'm a big chicken! Haven't seen this and doubt if I will ever watch it!!!!

Movie Recommendations For You! MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations For You!   Movie Recommendations For You! EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

It doesn't actually become a "thriller" until quite a ways into the movie, more so towards the end.

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations For You!   Movie Recommendations For You! EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 5:41 pm

carolineingalls wrote:
I don't do scary movies, Carol, cos I'm a big chicken! Haven't seen this and doubt if I will ever watch it!!!!

Laughing Well I guess you've heard of it then because you know it's actually a scary movie lol. The trailer that I posted is so misleading :haha:

Just the music in the opening scene when they are diving up the mountain gives me the creeps lol

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations For You!   Movie Recommendations For You! EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 6:03 pm

carolineingalls wrote:

I WAS gonna watch it till...Maureen mentioned the scary word. I don't do scary movies. I have my hands over my eyes the entire time. :unsure:
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations For You!   Movie Recommendations For You! EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 6:16 pm

Susie wrote:
I WAS gonna watch it till...Maureen mentioned the scary word. I don't do scary movies. I have my hands over my eyes the entire time. :unsure:

LOL You would have been in for a BIG surprise. grinsmiley
Here is the actual opening of the movie... just listen to that music :faint2: It really sets the tone for what is to come ahead....

(Posted by Lampas89)

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations For You!   Movie Recommendations For You! EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 7:33 pm

Well, considering the movie is based on the book..............by Stephen King, that should tell you something right there. LOL!! It is an awesome movie though.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Movie Recommendations For You! Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations For You!   Movie Recommendations For You! EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 9:37 am

This is the kind of movie that totally freaks me out. It's a more of a pyschological thriller than real 'horror', I always thought. "Nightmare on Elm Street", "Texas Chainsaw Massacre"---your 'basic' horror flicks---don't always scare me much as much because I can go "That's so fake". But with the Shining---that kid freaked me out (REDRUM, REDRUMMovie Recommendations For You! Peureux06), Jack freaked me out, and so did Shelley Duvall(that was her name, right?)...seriously, perfect casting and the great acting really made that movie work. PLUS, you could just see that transformation happen to someone in 'real life', which made it all the more scary. GREAT movie!!!

Well, my movie recommendation is of a totally different genre. I wached this when it first came out (1995) but bought the dvd for $5 about 6 months ago and finally got around to watching it two nights ago, and remembered why I originally liked it so:

"Sense and Sensibility"...again, fantastic cast---Emma Thompson, Hugh Grant, Kate Winslet, Alan Rickman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJMnm28vAqQ

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations For You!   Movie Recommendations For You! EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 12:54 pm

Do you remember the part where the wife sees all these pages that Jack typed? The same sentence over and over again...., she freaks out so much and realizes how psycho Jack is... OhMy
And then to see him enter the room, she about pees her pants lol
She starts crying while she's walking backwards and is so scared she doesn't seem to have a firm grip on the bat she's holding...

Amy, that movie "Sense & Sensibility" looks great!! Love I've never seen it but I LOVE Kate Winslet & Hugh Grant.... and it looks like a really good movie. I'll have to rent it :sillySmiley: Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Movie Recommendations For You! Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations For You!   Movie Recommendations For You! EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 1:15 pm

I sure do remember that part! OMG....that may be the scariest part of the whole movie! OhMy Shelley is SO good---I mean, she really seems terrified!! I think I might be totally terrified of Jack right there too, whether I knew he was acting or not! grinsmiley

Oh, Sense & Sensibility is one of those super cheap movies now---well worth owning even if you haven't seen it; I'll be watching it over and over like I do Anne of Green Gables! And since I know you're a fan of that, it's pretty safe to say you'll like this one. Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations For You!   Movie Recommendations For You! Empty

Back to top Go down

Movie Recommendations For You!
Page 1 of 1