Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Harriet Oleson

Go down 
+15
Harrietfan
Prairie Wind
RoseRed
Kathleen Marie
Docfan
Prairie Dweller
jes9
Teresa
ChristinaAL
carolineingalls
Farmer Girl
LIWnut
Savannah
Rob
Kristina
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Harriet Oleson - Page 2 Bokmal10

Harriet Oleson - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harriet Oleson   Harriet Oleson - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 7:07 pm

Harrietfan wrote:
She is very funny and tends to be very mean, but I love the moments where she seems human and we can see kindness and normal reactions from her. My favorite scene is when she tels off Larabee! :) Then next episode she was laughing at his doragatory Jewish coments. She never learned. :( It would have been great to see her nonprejudeced and stay that way, and just remain a bit snoby and a drama queen.

I don't think she never learned her lesson. I think her tongue would run faster than her thoughts, and sometimes, she would said a thing she really didn't want to said if she could think twice. Harriet was spontaneous and the wanting of being a funny lady pushed her to be snobbish inestead, which it isn't the same exactly. grinsmiley

Vanesa.

Harriet Oleson - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Harrietfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Harrietfan

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: Harriet Oleson   Harriet Oleson - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 10:42 pm

Vanesa wrote:
Harrietfan wrote:
She is very funny and tends to be very mean, but I love the moments where she seems human and we can see kindness and normal reactions from her. My favorite scene is when she tels off Larabee! :) Then next episode she was laughing at his doragatory Jewish coments. She never learned. :( It would have been great to see her nonprejudeced and stay that way, and just remain a bit snoby and a drama queen.

I don't think she never learned her lesson. I think her tongue would run faster than her thoughts, and sometimes, she would said a thing she really didn't want to said if she could think twice. Harriet was spontaneous and the wanting of being a funny lady pushed her to be snobbish inestead, which it isn't the same exactly. grinsmiley

Vanesa.
O
I actually had a friend like Harriet. Her name was Mille. She was very blunt and would tell peple what she thought of them. She was also a CEO, with her husband back in the 50's 60's when it wasn't as acpepted as much. Like Harriet though she had a good underneath her snobish aditude. I was kind of like her Nellie. She never did have kids She'd give me gifts and took me to nice resturants. Well anyway I was just thinking of her. She passed away last August. I think she might be a reason I like Harriet.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Harriet Oleson   Harriet Oleson - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:58 pm

Harrietfan wrote:
Vanesa wrote:
Harrietfan wrote:

Vanesa.
O
I actually had a friend like Harriet. Her name was Mille. She was very blunt and would tell peple what she thought of them. She was also a CEO, with her husband back in the 50's 60's when it wasn't as acpepted as much. Like Harriet though she had a good underneath her snobish aditude. I was kind of like her Nellie. She never did have kids She'd give me gifts and took me to nice resturants. Well anyway I was just thinking of her. She passed away last August. I think she might be a reason I like Harriet.

I think the great thing of LHOTP was to show REAL archetyps of people. The one who saids that the kind of people LHOTP portraits doesn't exist at all, doesn't know how life is... Smile

Yes, there are women like Harriet Oleson in real oife. You had your friend Millie, I still have a great-grand-aunt who is exactly like her. But she is a good woman and even if time to time she becomes unbearable, I love her a lot and I think she could also be adorable.

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Harrietfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Harrietfan

PostSubject: Re: Harriet Oleson   Harriet Oleson - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 1:36 am

Vanesa wrote:
Harrietfan wrote:
Vanesa wrote:
Harrietfan wrote:

Vanesa.
O

I think the great thing of LHOTP was to show REAL archetyps of people. The one who saids that the kind of people LHOTP portraits doesn't exist at all, doesn't know how life is... Smile

Yes, there are women like Harriet Oleson in real oife. You had your friend Millie, I still have a great-grand-aunt who is exactly like her. But she is a good woman and even if time to time she becomes unbearable, I love her a lot and I think she could also be adorable.

Vanesa.

Sounds like an intersting lady, your great aunt.
This was Mille,If you interested
http://gazettextra.com/obits/2010/aug/25/mildred-tait/
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 540

PostSubject: Re: Harriet Oleson   Harriet Oleson - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 5:03 pm

I think LITTLE HOUSE portrays real kinds of people very well.....and yes, Harriet is one of those. Who hasn't had someone in their life like a Harriet Oleson? Or even been like Harriet ourselves on occasion?
Back to top Go down
easyt72000
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
easyt72000

Number of posts : 126
Mood : Harriet Oleson - Page 2 Party010

PostSubject: Re: Harriet Oleson   Harriet Oleson - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 9:00 am

Katherine MacGregor is amazing. The only other show I've seen her on was "All in the Family." She played a nurse tending to Edith in the hospital. I had seen the episode many times but didn't recognize her till the last time I saw it.
Back to top Go down
Harrietfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Harrietfan

PostSubject: Re: Harriet Oleson   Harriet Oleson - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 12:39 pm

easyt72000 wrote:
Katherine MacGregor is amazing. The only other show I've seen her on was "All in the Family." She played a nurse tending to Edith in the hospital. I had seen the episode many times but didn't recognize her till the last time I saw it.
Yeah I saw that episode the other day. Someone put her other tv apperances on a youtube playlist.
Back to top Go down
Robinsgirl
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 329
Mood : Harriet Oleson - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Harriet Oleson   Harriet Oleson - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 6:26 pm

I love Harriet! Sometimes I hate her character, but thats very few and far between. I mostly think she's hilarious!

Sometimes life throws you under the bus. You gotta hold on for dear life. Don't waste one single day.

==============================================================================================

I wonder how I find myself with the greatest boy ever! <3 He loves me in spite of my issues.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Harriet Oleson   Harriet Oleson - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 6:39 pm

Harrietfan wrote:
easyt72000 wrote:
Yeah I saw that episode the other day. Someone put her other tv apperances on a youtube playlist.

She also was in "Scrapbook; Junior Edition" , from 1947 to 1949, at CBS television chain. It was a children show. But there she was casted as "Scottie" MacGregor. Wink

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harriet Oleson   Harriet Oleson - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Harriet Oleson
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2