Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"THE AWARD"

Go down 
+17
Ruth
Shell
kermitfan
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Honeybee
Krissy
amyk
jes9
Prairie Dweller
HarrisonCrosby4387
Lily
Vanesa
Lori
RoseRed
ChristinaAL
JW
Carol
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Praire Girl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 132

"THE AWARD" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE AWARD"   "THE AWARD" - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 3:38 pm

I didn't think Caroline was harsh at all, when it's something little, you let it go, but that wasn't.
She must have hid the remnants of the book that burned, but it was very responsible of her to work to pay it back.

We all did things that were wrong when young, but if I started a fire reading in the barn after hours...my Italian mother would have NOT apoligized for raising her voice and I'd be happy if that was it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
bestshowever
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 50

PostSubject: Re: "THE AWARD"   "THE AWARD" - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 7:14 pm

I like this episode for the lesson in that punishment should stick. These days, a parent would say, "Oh ok, go ahead, just don't bother me."
Back to top Go down
MankatoJoe
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
MankatoJoe

Number of posts : 419
Mood : "THE AWARD" - Page 2 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: "THE AWARD"   "THE AWARD" - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 1:55 pm

One of my favourites from season 1.

What is it with Mary and fires? At least she put it right and worked to buy the history book (books were scarce and pricey back then) Some white lies and deception involving the test, but all is well in the end.

Only episode in season 1 not to feature Michael Landon.
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 529

PostSubject: Re: "THE AWARD"   "THE AWARD" - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 8:20 pm

I don't really like this episode too much. It seems kind of funny to me that "punishment" is telling a kid they CANNOT take an examination. But in Mary's case, I guess that was really "punishment." However, it seems strange to me that Mary acts like she doesn't want to let Miss Beadle down, rather than just it being that she really, really wants to win that dictionary. COZI-TV left out the part about Caroline talking to Revd. Alden, though, and maybe that scene would have helped me have a better feeling about this episode this time around.

I do love the part about Mary not wearing her Sunday dress at Oleson's Mercantile, but probably my favoirte line is when Laura mutters something like, "If the history books write about me, they'll say I didn't get to go fishing enough." That's when Ma thought Laura should study more even though she didn't have any homework. I know that's not the exact line, but I thought it was funny! Somewhat ironic, as well, since we know Laura Ingalls Wilder is now a part of history and her name will likely be remembered for some time to come.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "THE AWARD"   "THE AWARD" - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

"THE AWARD"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2