Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Multitasking Everyday Items

Go down 
+2
Savannah
Lily
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Multitasking Everyday Items LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Multitasking Everyday Items Vianne10

Multitasking Everyday Items Empty
PostSubject: Multitasking Everyday Items   Multitasking Everyday Items EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 11:36 am

Coffee Filters

1. Diffuse the flash on a camera - When you're taking a close-up, soften the brightness by placing a coffee filter over the flash.

2. Make yogurt dip - Use a rubber band to secure a paper coffee filter over the mouth of a deep cup or jar. Slowly pour 8 ounces of plain yogurt onto the filter. Let drain for one hour. In a bowl, mix the thickened yogurt with 1 small minced garlic clove, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve with crackers.

(I love this dip, I use it for my meat dishes too! Thumbsup )

3. Prevent soil from draining out of flowerpots - When repotting, place a filter at the bottom, over the drainage hole, then add the soil.

4. Strain wine from a bottle with a broken cork - Place the filter over a pitcher or a carafe and slowly pour the wine into it.

5. Prevent scuffs and scratches on fine china - Use flattened coffee filters as spacers when you stack your dishes.

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Multitasking Everyday Items   Multitasking Everyday Items EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 12:51 pm

Very good tips Lily. Multitasking Everyday Items Brightblueexcellentpost
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Multitasking Everyday Items   Multitasking Everyday Items EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 3:06 pm

:CoolSign:
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Multitasking Everyday Items Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Multitasking Everyday Items Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Multitasking Everyday Items   Multitasking Everyday Items EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 10:30 pm

Wow, who'd have thought that coffee filters could be so useful?

Thanks, Lily!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Multitasking Everyday Items Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Multitasking Everyday Items   Multitasking Everyday Items EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 10:44 am

Oooh, I'm going to try the yogurt dip tip! Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Multitasking Everyday Items LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Multitasking Everyday Items Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Multitasking Everyday Items   Multitasking Everyday Items EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 1:56 pm

Anytime, guys! grinsmiley

Here's another one about Dryer Sheets:

1. Freshen smelly shoes - Insert a dryer sheet into the offending pair and let sit overnight.

2. Remove static from clothing, hair, TV screens, and computer monitors - Wipe the surface with a sheet.

3. Clean pet hair from the floor or furniture - Rub a dryer sheet over the spot where Fluffy left her fur.

4. Replace a sachet - Keep a dresser drawer smelling fresh and clean by placing a dryer sheet on the bottom of it.

5. Loosen caked-on food from a pan - Place a fresh sheet in the bottom of a dirty pan, fill with lukewarm tap water, and let sit in the sink overnight. The pan will be easier to clean in the morning.

6. Prevent old books from smelling musty when in storage - Stick a dryer sheet between the pages of yor beloved book.

7. Wipe up sawdust after working in the garage - Rub a dryer sheet over the fine wood particles.

8. Prevent thread from tangling when sewing - Run a threaded needle through a dryer sheet right before you begin your handiwork.

9. Dust venetian blinds - Close the blinds, then wipe up and down with a dryer sheet.

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Multitasking Everyday Items Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Multitasking Everyday Items   Multitasking Everyday Items EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 2:29 pm

Lily wrote:
1. Freshen smelly shoes - Insert a dryer sheet into the offending pair and let sit overnight.

Did you hear about the guy who bought odor eaters for his shoes? By the end of the week, he had disappeared!!! :Hahaha:

Multitasking Everyday Items Rhonda10Multitasking Everyday Items Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Multitasking Everyday Items   Multitasking Everyday Items EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 4:02 pm

Okay, I got one: Coca-Cola grinsmiley

Clean a toilet bowl.
Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl. Let the real thing sit for one hour, then brush and flush clean. The phosphoric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china, according to household-hints columnist Heloise.

Remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers.
Rubbing the bumper with a crumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola will help remove rust spots, according to household-hints columnist Mary Ellen.

Clean corrosion from car battery terminals.
Pour a can of carbonated Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion, according to Heloise.

I just had one.... Multitasking Everyday Items Coke Multitasking Everyday Items Mood_silly

Multitasking Everyday Items Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Multitasking Everyday Items Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Multitasking Everyday Items   Multitasking Everyday Items EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 4:07 pm

And do you know what it is now doing to your stomach??? :think: OhMy

Multitasking Everyday Items Rhonda10Multitasking Everyday Items Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Multitasking Everyday Items   Multitasking Everyday Items EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 4:26 pm

Rhonda wrote:
And do you know what it is now doing to your stomach??? :think: OhMy

I don't want to know.... noooo.... lol Multitasking Everyday Items Smiley-crazy

Multitasking Everyday Items Horses10
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

Number of posts : 1369

PostSubject: Re: Multitasking Everyday Items   Multitasking Everyday Items EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 6:49 am

Great tips!

I'll pass on the rusty bumper though! Just reading about foil on bumper gives me chills!
:haha:

Multitasking Everyday Items Hollykeeper
Back to top Go down
http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Multitasking Everyday Items   Multitasking Everyday Items Empty

Back to top Go down

Multitasking Everyday Items
Page 1 of 1