Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Flat's scary stories

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : Flat's scary stories Party010

Flat's scary stories Empty
PostSubject: Flat's scary stories   Flat's scary stories EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 2:38 pm

I'm doing this at another site I go to...feel free to add your own if you feel like it.

Now, this is all local lore or legend, depending on your point of view..

First we have...

The Coffin
The Coffin is an old gravel road that has trees so thick overhead it makes you think you're in a huge coffin. Even at night, you can't see a single section of sky the foliage is so dense.

Anyway, rumor has it, a young girl was killed there years ago, back when kids used to go "parking" there. Her boyfriend caught her with another guy, and killed her, after which they guy who was with the girl killed the boyfriend. The rumor says sometimes you can see them walking hand in hand on warm nights, walking the gravel that goes through The Coffin.

If that wasn't scary enough..we have another local story..

The Legend of Blue Hole

We have a small body of water not far from here called Blue Hole. Back in the day, there was a railroad bridge across it. It's been torn down now, cuz the rail line went defunct, but when it ran, legend says that there was a train that was running over the trestle and derailed. They say the water was so deep, it was like a bottomless pit, and the train was never found.

Some have tried to debunk to myth, but nobody's ever been to the bottom of Blue Hole.
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

PostSubject: Re: Flat's scary stories   Flat's scary stories EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 2:43 pm

LaCerina

.It's this church that is built into the ground, and nobody knows anything about the members or what they believe. But my brother and I were riding ATV's when I was a lot younger, and we saw some stuff that was just...weird..that's all I know. It wasn't a public church where you go every Sunday, it's members only. They have some kind of big shindig every year, and ppl come from a bunch of states and Canada, but unless you're a member...no info..period.

Then we have..

Martha's Grave

Rumor has it, that if you scratch or deface in any way this grave stone (Martha something..can't remember last name), the next day it'll be as though nothing happened. It actually does have a fence around it so ppl quit screwing with it, although, oddly enough, there's no scratches on the marker whatsoever. And it's a graveyard out in the middle of nowhere, and she died in 1895 or something like that. Over a hundred years is all I know.

So...anybody else got some scary stories? I have more, but I wanna hear what you got folks. :)
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Flat's scary stories Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Flat's scary stories   Flat's scary stories EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 3:40 pm

I have several stories that I heard as a kid in El Salvador that scared the daylights out of me affraid lol
You have to understand that these stories were told around a bonfire... there was no electricity... think prairie times... Anyway... where we lived... come nightime and you would start hearing wolves howl... so there were times when parents, aunts, uncles got together and sometimes the light of the moon was so bright... we didn't do a fire...

My uncle sometimes would act out these stories... and do the different voice of the people. The one I remember most is the story of the Siguanaba.

Story comes from El Salvador & Guatemala.
According to the legend, she makes herself appear to men who have been unfaithful. She appears near rivers around midnight. Men see her bathing and love her long and beautiful black hair which she combs with a golden comb. They get mesmerized by her beautiful body.
The man who sees her gets crazy over her. Then, the Siguanaba calls him and makes him follow her until they get close to the edge of the mountain. She then shows her face to him and it is the face of a dead woman, her eyes are bulgy and become red like they were bleeding. Her delicate skin becomes wrinkled and sort of green, her nails grow and she gives this laugh that paralizes the man in terror.

I found this post made by this guy who tells of this story. It is the story of "The Siguanaba"

----

When my dad was 8 years of age, he had a scary encounter with this hideous ghost. His father always made him do errands for him at night. One day at midnight, my father's father told him to go check on all of their animals. My dad had to cross the River of Orcones, which is where La Siguanaba is. So as he was crossing, he looked to his right and saw a old woman sitting on a rock in the river. With him he carried a flashlight, and a cross around his neck. As he crossed the river she was staring at him until he was out of sight, and he heard a cackle behind him.

My dad told me he was shaking, he was so scared. To tell you the truth, this experience has caused my dad to be a bit crazy. He has nightmares about her often, and talks in his sleep, feeling disturbed. He shouts out and prays "Hail Mary" in spanish. But he has also told me many stories about what happened to his neighbors.

One of my dad's neighbors was riding his horse across the river one night. As he was riding, he felt something that was behind him, grabbing him tight. As he glanced back, he saw the hideous distorted face of La Siguanaba. With her long gray hair, old ugly face, and white gown. The horse, of course, felt this strange thing and its instincts told it to panic, so it was kicking and kicking trying to get both of them off so it could run faster. But the guy was holding onto the horse very tightly, and the witch ghost was holding on him very tightly. As the horse was galloping closer and closer to home, La Siguanaba suddenly left. When the guy came home, he was not able to talk. His tongue was all twisted. A guy in the house straightened it out, and the guy told his story.

La Siguanaba (also known as La Llorona) Most often comes to people who are alone rather than in groups. But I have heard of experiences where it was in groups. He also told me that she changes. When she's first seen, she appears normal, but as one gets closer, she looks ugly and distorted. She also goes after children, because her son was drowned in the river as a baby.

This one other story was about a woman who lived right by the river. She put her baby on a hammock and swung him gently, then when inside for a few minutes to make tortillas (Because that's what us Salvadorians do). When she went back outside, the hammock was swinging violently, going very high, fast, and out of control. The worried mother rushed to the hammock and stopped it. As she stopped it, she found her baby was gone. The scared panicing mother told everyone and the whole neighborhood searched for the child. After a long time of searching, the baby was found on a rock, not able to speak nor hear anymore. My dad knows this guy, but he's all grown up now, still unable to speak nor hear.

La Siguanaba is found how she thinks the person coming to the river would like her to see. Like if there is a man who has a lot of women and wants a lot of women, then she will appear beautiful, but with her face covered. As the man gets closer, she signals him to get even more closer so close as to hugging distance. Then, she gives him a hug and starts cackling. The guy will look at her and she'll be ugly and old and scary.

If you're running, the she'll try and chase you, cackling and laughing at you as if it were a joke.

Flat's scary stories Sigu

Flat's scary stories Horses10

Last edited by Carol on Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:12 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

PostSubject: Re: Flat's scary stories   Flat's scary stories EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 3:49 pm

Wow Carol...that was powerful memories and history...

I'd love for you to tell us more...

*suddenly thinks his stories of lore were crap*
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Flat's scary stories   Flat's scary stories EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 5:19 pm

Here is another one... Flat's scary stories Scared

This takes place some days before the 1917 earthquake in a village called “Recollection” in central America. In that village, every Friday night, around midnight, you could hear noises in the streets… like if there was a procession of people.

The villagers, scared, would say that it would not be wise to go out at that time, because the sound was those of upset dead souls who looked for mortals to take with them.

This young teenager named Luis, wanted to see this for himself. So even though his grandparents told him to stay inside, Luis escaped from his window at 12 midnight. The night was cold and pitch black and then he started hearing the footsteps and saw hundreds of people, all covered with dark clothing and a lighted candle in their hands. They were praying but he could not understand what they said. One of them looked at him and got close to him and gave him a candle.

The young boy accepted it but got so scared that he stayed paralyzed until the procession of hundreds of dead souls had passed. The following morning, he saw that in his hands, instead of having a candle, he held a femur.

He called a friend and asked him for advice. His friend told him that he should return that back. He told him that tonight he had to go out again and return the bone to the one the one who gave it to him the night before.

So night came and the young boy waited on the side of the street. When they appeared, he saw the one who had given him the candle. As he got near to return the bone, the mysterious person instead of taking the bone back, grabbed him by his arm and took him. Luis would now eternally become a tormented scared dead soul and nobody in the village ever saw him again.

Flat's scary stories Horses10
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: Flat's scary stories   Flat's scary stories EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 10:23 pm

Here's one from San Antonio:

Some railroad tracks on the south side of town

San Antonio, Texas

While on the way home, a bus full of first and second graders broke down while driving across these railroad tracks. Rather than going to look for help, the driver told the children to get off the bus and push it across the tracks; they were struck down by a train. Now it is said that if one drives to the site and puts the car in neutral, it will be pushed over the tracks. Allegedly if one spreads baby powder on the back of the car before going to the site, he will see fingerprints when he leaves.

And a real one from Nixon. As you are going out of town, you go over two bridges, one down the highway from the other.

One morning at Halloween about 1993, people that were headed out to work and such noticed in one of the trees off the side of the bridge, someone had set up a hanging...a doll hanging from a tree in clear site of the highway.

Well, on further inspection come to find out it was a young woman that hung herself. And she had taken the time to carve a short suicide statement into the tree.

Flat's scary stories HummerFlat's scary stories MistiKeeperFlat's scary stories Bookclub5Flat's scary stories Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flat's scary stories   Flat's scary stories Empty

Back to top Go down

Flat's scary stories
Page 1 of 1