Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dr. Quinn Medician Woman

Go down 
+5
Savannah
Rob
bethandmanly
Amy
Gin
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Dr. Quinn Medician Woman Love-s10

Dr. Quinn Medician Woman Empty
PostSubject: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 12:33 pm

Not to take away from Little House but I just purchased the megaset of Dr. Quinn. It is being offered by A&E for 149.00 with 30% off of that ...with $1 shipping til December 15th. That puts it at $105.00! I've recently seen this same mega set for $230 so this is a steal.
I wish Little House could be found for this price, BUT still have all the extras. Until then I will just have to continue buying the individual seasons.
Can't wait til I have both Little House and Dr. Quinn. Might just have you all over and do a marathon! LOL ☮

Dr. Quinn Medician Woman Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 12:38 pm

Oh my goodness Gin, that IS a steal!! A&E is VERY expensive and each DQ dvd set is VERY expensive! I lucked out in buying my series because I got each one about 50% off through my hubby's second job at Best Buy. But I'll tell you, between 6 dvd sets it was still well over $100, probably $200!! And you're getting a special packaged set so that's even cooler! Congratulations!! Applause

I love Dr. Quinn...Michaela & Sully is one of the best romances in TV history!! Love

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Dr. Quinn Medician Woman Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 5:36 pm

Congrats Gin! That's another favorite show of mine. Have fun watching.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : Dr. Quinn Medician Woman Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 7:46 pm

I hear there are ways to get around the high cost of DVDs. There are companies, such as DVDFab.com, that have some really excellent, easy-to-use DVD copying programs. They're in the $39-$49 range. I think they give you a one-month free trial, so even if you don't want to buy the program... well, a person can make a lot of trips to the local video store and build up a very nice movie library in a month.

Of course, you're not supposed to make copies of commercial DVDs, so this is all just hypothetical. Whistle
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 11:22 am

Rob wrote:
Of course, you're not supposed to make copies of commercial DVDs, so this is all just hypothetical. Whistle

Of course... Whistle

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 9:58 pm

Thanks I'll keep that in mind Rob. My sister is a movie nut! SO I'll have to keep my eyes open for deals. I'm just so excited this offer came about. My hubby rolled his eyes, but I reminded him he bought a guitar off of ebay last summer THEN told me. So he couldn't say a whole lot.
When I get them, Dr. Quinn marathon at my house! LOL

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Dr. Quinn Medician Woman Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Dr. Quinn Medician Woman Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 11:32 pm

Oooooooh, can I come over and join in on the marathon, Gin? grinsmiley I'll bring some great snacks!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 4:47 pm

Savannah wrote:
Oooooooh, can I come over and join in on the marathon, Gin? grinsmiley I'll bring some great snacks!

Ah, count me in too! I'll bring the chocolate! Thumbsup LOL, my DQ friend and I had a mini-marathon once--the two part episode of "Where the Heart Is", which held the record as CBS's most watched show EVER for many a year. (That's the one where Sully follows Dr. Mike to Boston and professes his love---*SIGH*). It took us quite awhile to get through the two-part epie since we had to pause and slow-mo Sully so many times. grinsmiley

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 12:10 pm

Oh dear. Can't have anyone swoon and pass out! LOL. I hope snow doesn't slow down the fed ex guy....I just might kiss him when he gets here.
My hubby told me he's getting me a bonnet for Christmas to go with my dvds.....
can you see that? Me sitting in a bonnet eating popcorn watching Dr. Quinn. What can I say...when you are a true fan you would do anything.
I'm sure you all will hear me yell when I get them.....stay tuned.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 12:40 pm

LOL Gin, or you could get Dr. Mike's cowgirl hat she wore in the later seasons---I always hated that thing though. :unsure:

Speaking of hats---I tried on a bonnet at the Greenfield Village gift shop on Saturday (the historic village I visited with my friend). They had adult sizes and child sizes and I couldn't resist trying one on, LOL! I felt just like Ma Ingalls! I'm mad now I didn't have my friend take a pic! Maybe next time.

I'm so excited for you Gin---um, did I give anything away when I mentioned that scene? I take it you've seen the series, right? Or am I wrong?! I hope I didn't spoil anything!! OhMy

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 1:51 pm

Amy wrote:
LOL Gin, or you could get Dr. Mike's cowgirl hat she wore in the later seasons---I always hated that thing though. :unsure:

:Hahaha: Amy! So did I!
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 3:32 pm

Ya, Amy I've watched EVERY episode. I remember that hat. Forgot about it, but I remember it.
What is your favorite episode? I think mine is when Ingrid died...not that it was good that she did...but I can relate to that one better. (I lost a boyfriend in High School.) I liked that they let Matthew grieve for several shows before he moved on with life. Sometimes they just pick up and jump the charactor into another relationship, and that just isn't real life. I think that is why this show is such a prize.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 4:09 pm

Savannah, I'm glad I'm not the only one! Wink

Gin, I'm so sorry to hear about your high school boyfriend...I can't even imagine. That episode breaks my heart and I actually can't even relate to it, so I can't imagine how difficult iit would be for you. Blue But I agree, it is SO good---I love Matthew there, and yeah, he never really ended up moving on--even with Emma. I cry in that epie (Brother's Keeper) more than any other DQ epie. It is so difficult to pick a favorite DQ, truly, almost as hard as picking a fave LH, but my two top ones I beieve are Where the Heart Is (#1) and The Abduction (#2), where she's taken by the indians. I just love all the drama and romance, and the 'movie-like' feel of both those two-parters. My two favorite scenes of all time (maybe even tv history!) are when Michaela comes off the train in Where the Heart Is and she runs to Sully), and the 'cave' scene where Sully takes care of Michaela after rescuing her from the indians. You know, the "honey & berries" scene. Wink Love I love the Pilot, Happy Birthday, Bad Water. Oh, Washita was amazing, some of Jane's best acting I think. Seasons 1 & 2 are my favorites, the ones I turn to the most (just like LH) but I do love all the seasons except for maybe 6, since Sully wasn't around much.

Here is a link to the DQ board that Cheryl & I frequent---now that you're getting the series you may want to discuss it more---I know how that goes! Wink Feel free to chat about it here any time though too---this is my other favorite show and I've seen most epies probably six times at least. :unsure: I know, it's a little sick, but hey---is there ANY good TV anymore these days???

http://forum.drquinn.us/index.php

and another one too...

http://www.graces-cafe.net/forum/forum6/

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 11:26 am

Ya, I'm a new member at the first forum and have seen graces-cafe too. I need to watch the shows again to really be able to discuss them. I watched them as they aired and on the reruns that were on in '97. It came on at 3pm (the last hour my kids napped so that was MY time.)
You are so right about shows these days. I hate reality tv and I only watch Hallmark, and Lifetime most of the time. Loving the holiday movies now. I'm someone that would much rather watch a drama than a comedy. Although I'm a huge fan of Reba! lol
The world stops, the laundry gets left and dinner is quick when I find a Melissa Gilbert movie on. I think she as well as Jane bring so much emotion to whatever part they play. Thank goodness we will always have Little House and Dr. Quinn.

I'm on the lookout for the movie Somewhere in Time ---Jane and Christopher Reeve. Loved it and want to find a copy.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 11:42 am

I couldn't agree more with you Gin, about the MG and Jane movies! I love both those actresses. I came very close to meeting Jane last year---my friend and I were going to go up to the Grand Hotel on Mackinac, for the annual Somewhere in Time weekend. Jane was going to be there, (mostly to promote her book) and she was also doing Dancing with the Stars and was going to dance with her partner! The whole thing fell through when her mom died---we had planned this for months (we were going to dress up in Edwardian clothing like 90% of the people do that weekend, and even had our costumes). It was unfortunate timing and quite the disappointment, but hopefully we'll be able to go the next time Jane visits. I'll keep an eye out for you for the Somewhere in Timet dvd---I could have sworn my hubby bought mine at Best Buy, but I could be wrong. Maybe check Amazon...that is definitely a must-own! Thumbsup

I watched DQ when it first aired, but only here and there---my boys were very young at the time too so it wasn't always convenient for me to watch. So I know what you mean---it had been a lot of years since I'd seen it originally and then I started getting the seasons one by one about 4 years ago, after becoming re-interested in the show through Hallmark channel. And I'm with you---I love a great drama over a comedy too---I love angst! grinsmiley

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 2:39 pm

I've only watched the entire series once, in reruns. I caught a few eppies on CBS when it aired originally, but I couldn't get the connection between Michaela and the kids, so I was totally lost. The kids were relatively young in this one, so it was before Sully and Michaela were married and I couldn't make our M & S's relationship either.

I'll have to check you out on the DQ board Gin.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 12:33 pm

I can understand that, Cheryl...I think it's one of those series you can't really pop into at any point. It's best to start right from the beginning...there is so much hardship that Michaela has to go through leaving her 'affluent' way of life, then acquiring the kids and befriending Sully----what's neat about their relationship is how they were best friends long before it turned to anything romantic. The chemistry was there, but the romance was based on so much more. If you pop in later in the seasons, you miss all that. So for anyone out there reading this thread and considering the series, just start with Season 1---you won't be sorry---I can't imagine a LH fan not liking this! And Season 1 is pretty reasonbly priced, I do believe. Thumbsup

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 5:54 pm

I GOT MY DQ DVDS! Bliss Bliss

The delivery guy was already back in his truck before I could tackle him into a bear hug. I guess this time of year he gets his fill. Smiley Hug

I've already watched the Biography on Jane. It was really good. SO glad they have included that in this megaset.

I think I scared my dog when I opened the door and yelped with glee! She barked at me and then did circles chasing her tail. OR maybe she just can't wait to watch Wolf...... :unsure:

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 4:33 am

I could have sworn that Amy posted a reply here about you getting your DQ dvds! Did I dream that? Huh?
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 5:52 pm

Well I haven't seen one, but she did pm me. I am patiently waiting for some Christmas company to come and go THEN I will devote some time to watching them.
I know its awful to keep Sully waiting. He keeps knocking on the box whispering "Gin, where are you?"
Its cold outside, but its HOT in here.!!
Have a Merry Christmas Everyone!

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Dr. Quinn Medician Woman Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 8:43 pm

Gin wrote:
Its awful to keep Sully waiting. He keeps knocking on the box whispering "Gin, where are you?"
Its cold outside, but its HOT in here.!!
Have a Merry Christmas Everyone!

Oh my word!! Gin, you sound like the Divas gushing over Dean, lol.
I would love to own the whole set of Dr Quinn. I looked them up on Amazon, mighty interesting price I must say. :think:

Dr. Quinn Medician Woman MarilynKeeper Dr. Quinn Medician Woman Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman EmptyThu Dec 25, 2008 10:35 pm

Well, I got lucky on the price I paid Marilyn. But dont worry Dean is still one of my top guys. I think its Dean's blue eyes and smile.....Sully...well, I think its the leather! LOL

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 4:07 pm

Ok....this is SO funny. I was watching an episode of DQ last night and my youngest son Madison came through the living room. I asked him if he wanted to watch it with me and he said "No." He heads up to go upstairs and I realized that he stopped about half way up. ( You are able to see our TV from the stairs, so he was watching) I didnt say a word, hoping he would join me.
Well, he didnt join me, but he didnt move either! I was silently shouting inside. :woohooo:
Then the next morning, I was again watching a DQ episode. I hear Madison ask Nathan if he wants to watch DQ. (He was whispering!) Nathan said:" Mom, Madison wants to watch Dr. Mike!" I could see the veins popping out in Madison's neck as he looked at Nathan in anger. I decided to play along.
I said " Nope, this is mine. You guys wouldn't want to watch any of this." About that time Sully threw that tomahawk just perfect. Both boys sat down in the floor. I said nothing. :woohooo:
This morning I had informed the boys that today was the days to rake the front yard and take down Christmas lights. Nathan put in DQ. (Naughty little sneak.) Well, I reached over and turned Robert E off and told him he would still be there. We got him on disk --forever.
My yard is clean, lights put away for another year. DQ is running again. I am so excited my boys have FINALLY fallen in love with frontier life.
Dont ever think because you have boys they wouldn't like this era. They just might surprise you yet. Mine certainly have...more than once.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 4:31 pm

That's a great story Gin. My son wasn't into LHOP all that much, but he would watch it with me if it was on, and we read "Farmer Boy" together. Does that count? LOL!

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 4:36 pm

Ah, sweet victory for Gin!! Applause Woo hoo!! happy1 Gosh, your story could totally be mine. That's how Nick, my youngest, started too...kind of just watching 'from afar' and pretending not to really be watching. My older son just doesn't get the appeal, but Nick grew to love DQ almost as much as I do and not only cared about Sully, but all the townspeople. I think his favorite is now Hank. Hmm, not sure how I feel about that. :unsure: grinsmiley

Congrats on this great achievement Gin!! :adore:

Now if I can only get Nick into Little House. help I've got him watching Christy now so you'd think he'd like LH!!! :think:

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman Empty

Back to top Go down

Dr. Quinn Medician Woman
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next