Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dr. Quinn Medician Woman

Go down 
+5
Savannah
Rob
bethandmanly
Amy
Gin
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 Love-s10

Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 12:59 pm

Yeah, a very disappointing 'final' episode indeed. Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 488555

I didn't 'like' either of the movies either, but I'd take the 1st one over the second actually. The only reasons are because I felt like it had more of the DQ 'feel', and that I wasn't a fan of Andrew and Colleen (or the new Colleen Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 279394 ). BUT, the first one had Sully & Michaela at odds for a lot of it, and was too sad and dismal. And then there was that dreaded Sully hair. Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 68167
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 11:42 pm

I started checking an episode guide online a few months ago when I started watching DQ alot more, so I know what "Point Blank" is about, and to be honest, all I remember about the episode is the very end! What a way to remember an episode LOL, but I am looking forward to seeing it and getting the whole story. And I'm also looking forward to GMC getting back to season 1, so I can watch in order.

Do they ever explain what happens to Matthew? I know in one of the movies, Colleen and Brian are grown up, but do they ever explain where he ends up? I always felt so bad for him after Ingrid. Blue But I felt like they really showed the transition of his character from young man to adult (with what I've seen so far at least).

An interesting sidenote - I was watching the second part of Moment of Truth on GMC last night when Mike got home from work. He not only watched the rest of the episode with me, but the next 2 episodes as well to see what happened. He hardly ever will watch Little House - usually if I'm watching it he's playing on the computer or reading, not actually watching with interest. LOL I thought it was funny.

Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 ChristinaKeeper2 Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 9:46 am

Christina, it so funny how the men in our lives dont want to really admit this is a good show. In my house, I put in DQ and I caught my two boys walking up the stairs VERY SLOWLY watching the tv. Sully and that hatchet had their intrest....but if I said anything to them they would take off like they were on fire. Finally, my oldest son said " Mom, I'm gonna be nice to you tonight and watch a episode. I wanna make sure this is Mom friendly." They watched til it got too romantic for their liking....

Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 12:45 pm

LOL Gin!

That's neat that you and Mike can enjoy it together, Christina! And I can see why he liked "Moment of Truth"....very 'guy friendly'. Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 771460

My son was 11 and 12 when I was rediscovering DQ, and he watched it all with me. Now he's 16 and doesn't like to admit that. Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 440956
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 5:44 pm

ChristinaAL wrote:
Do they ever explain what happens to Matthew? I know in one of the movies, Colleen and Brian are grown up, but do they ever explain where he ends up? I always felt so bad for him after Ingrid. Blue But I felt like they really showed the transition of his character from young man to adult (with what I've seen so far at least).

They never really spoke of Matthew in The Heart Within. Michaela is mentioning all the people in heaven and she mentions Charlotte, and explains that she was Matthew, Colleen and Brian's real mother, but that's it. I think in Revolutions, she mentions Matthew is studying in Denver.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 12:21 am

Thanks for the info, Cheryl Smile I think I have The Heart Within recorded from when it was on recently, but I have yet to watch it...like I said, my memories of the show are bits and pieces unfortunately, but I'm having fun re-discovering it Thumbsup

Amy, I agree about some episodes being 'guy-friendly' - Mike says it's more exciting and I'm still surprised that he doesn't mind watching it, but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth
greenS I think "Point Blank" should be coming up soon so I'm looking forward to seeing that.

Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 ChristinaKeeper2 Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 1:43 pm

Yes, I believe Matthew went on to study law. He was good at that....that seemed to fit well.

Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 11:38 pm

Grr, again, I only saw the end of "Point Blank"! Well, to be honest, I saw pretty much the last half of it. I didn't realize it was the one on right as I was getting out of work so by the time I got home, it was almost 5:30. But at least I saw some of Jane's amazing performance - wow! What an episode! I love how this show deals with a lot of topics you didn't really see a lot of back then, like post traumic stress. I think I should start setting my DVR so I finally catch the entire episode next time it's on! LOL.

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 6:07 pm

I am In Love with this Series I Started watching on Sunday and am just Hooked can't believe it has been out there so long without me watching it Smile

Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 Jacobk10Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 6:39 pm

The first few seasons are my favorites. Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 6472 I haven't seen it in a couple of years now because the library's lending co-op doesn't allow people to place hold on videos, DVDs or even books on tape or CD - and the library was where I "rented" the series.

I'm really glad that you discovered it, Jacob! It's quite an enjoyable series!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 7:59 pm

ChristinaAL wrote:
But at least I saw some of Jane's amazing performance - wow! What an episode! I love how this show deals with a lot of topics you didn't really see a lot of back then, like post traumic stress. I think I should start setting my DVR so I finally catch the entire episode next time it's on! LOL.

This is one that Jane won an Emmy for. Thumbsup Hope you can catch it in full someday! Wink

JW wrote:
I am In Love with this Series I Started watching on Sunday and am just Hooked can't believe it has been out there so long without me watching it Smile

That is awesome Jacob!!! It IS delightfully addicting, I must say!! yes

Savannah wrote:
The first few seasons are my favorites. Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 6472 I haven't seen it in a couple of years now because the library's lending co-op doesn't allow people to place hold on videos, DVDs or even books on tape or CD - and the library was where I "rented" the series.

I'm really glad that you discovered it, Jacob! It's quite an enjoyable series!

The first three seasons are my favorites too. I still enjoy 4-6, but I LOVE 1-3. loveheart What episode are you on, Jacob? What's your favorite so far?
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 7:46 pm

I Just Watch the Episode Fathers Day But i can't answer which one was my Favorite so far to many Good ones to choose from greenS

Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 Jacobk10Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 10:11 am

Does anyone know if they are online like on hulu? I have never seen the first episode.

Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 10:23 am

JW wrote:
I Just Watch the Episode Fathers Day But i can't answer which one was my Favorite so far to many Good ones to choose from greenS

That's a good one. Thumbsup Love "Bad Water" from season 1 too, and "Happy Birthday". Of course, those are the romantic ones. Wink

Lori wrote:
Does anyone know if they are online like on hulu? I have never seen the first episode.

Hmm, I'm not sure Lori. The Pilot is SO good too---you have to see it! Do you get Netflix? There is some other online TV viewing thing that a friend told me about too....I'll find out if it's there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Quinn Medician Woman   Dr. Quinn Medician Woman - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dr. Quinn Medician Woman
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3