Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"THE RACE"

Go down 
+6
Krissy
Vanesa
Robinsgirl
Kristina
jes9
Carol
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : "THE RACE" Happy010

"THE RACE" Empty
PostSubject: "THE RACE"   "THE RACE" EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 3:15 am

“THE RACE”

"THE RACE" Shortblu

Laura and her horse, Bunny, are picked to win at the horse race in town. Since Mrs. Oleson doesn't want Laura to win, she buys a great thoroughbred for Nellie. Mrs. Oleson even provides the winning trophy, a silver cup that belongs to the family. Although the race is close, Bunny wins. Laura decides to return the silver cup back to the Olesons.

"THE RACE" Race11

"THE RACE" Race2

"THE RACE" Race3

"THE RACE" Horse

"THE RACE" Race4

"THE RACE" Race5

"THE RACE" Race6

"THE RACE" Reporter2 Another great episode. I noticed that on the DVDs... The race was shown first... and THEN "Bunny" so it confused me at first... I was thinking... "How did Laura get her horse back after she had traded it on 'Christmas on Plum Creek'? lol

Anyway... you can see again what a good girl at heart Laura was. She was a hard worker, things didn't come easy to her like the Oleson kids... she always used to work hard for things, and in the end this helped her as she learned to appreciate things more.
All Nellie had to do was throw a tantrum and her mother would click her heals and fly to some other town to buy her what she wanted lol
Boy did they ever learn their lessons in the end!

I love the relationship she had with Bunny and towards the end of the episode when she was crying because she wasn't going to race due to Bunny being too tired... or so she thought... it was sweet what her Pa told her. Bunny had felt Laura's love, how she cared for him, etc... and he really wanted to win that race for Laura... and he did! grinsmiley

"THE RACE" Horses10

Last edited by Carol on Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

"THE RACE" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE RACE"   "THE RACE" EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 12:01 pm

This is another great one. Mrs. Oleson riding through the streets of Mankato (or was it Sleepy Eye?) out of control was a hoot. Another funny scene from this episode:

Nellie and Willie, taunting Laura: "Laura smells like a dirty horse, Laura smells like a dirty horse..."
Laura, pitching some of the contents of the stable floor onto Nellie and Willie: "Don't we all?"

BTW, Hallmark also shows Bunny and The Race out of order. I seem to recall reading somewhere that NBC originally showed them this way due to a scheduling conflict.

"THE RACE" JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863
Mood : "THE RACE" Bokmal10

"THE RACE" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE RACE"   "THE RACE" EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 6:09 pm

only one of the probably one hundred episodes where Nellie proves how spoiled and stubborn she is! I was so happy to see Laura win the race, and though I think she should have kept the silver cup because she beat Nellie, Laura was right to return the cup to the Oleson's
Back to top Go down
Robinsgirl
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 329
Mood : "THE RACE" Goodsi10

"THE RACE" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE RACE"   "THE RACE" EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 6:11 pm

I would have been so dissapointed if Laura hadn't returned the cup. And still when Laura showed such kindness Mrs. Oleson was stingy, she didnt want to give them those shoes!!! I thought they should have made her willing to give up the shoes

Sometimes life throws you under the bus. You gotta hold on for dear life. Don't waste one single day.

==============================================================================================

I wonder how I find myself with the greatest boy ever! <3 He loves me in spite of my issues.
Back to top Go down

"THE RACE" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE RACE"   "THE RACE" EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 2:15 am

A Wonderful episode
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

"THE RACE" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE RACE"   "THE RACE" EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 12:22 am

I know, I'm late to comment this epie greenS , but I couldn't enter to the Forum...So, now that I can, I'll said something: I loved "The Race" and was very anxious when I was a girl and saw that Mrs. Oleson had bought "Spark" to Nellie...I was sure that "Spark" should be the winner. Hppily hard work and Laura's determination could more than anything and old good Bunny won! I was so relieved! But I was also very moved when Laura returned the cup to Harriet. It was a good end for a wonderful episode.

Yes, Carol: reading the Patrick Loubatière's book, I knew that in France, "The Race" is showed BEFORE "Bunny", wich is quite ridicoulous. In Argentina we've always seen "Bunny" right before "The Race".

Vanesa.

"THE RACE" Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

"THE RACE" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE RACE"   "THE RACE" EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 11:25 am

Hallmark Channel also shows "The Race" before "Bunny", but I think TV Land shows it the other way around. In my DVD set (the one with the covered wagon package), "The Race" appears as the third episode on season 3, disc 1, while "Bunny" appears as the fourth episode on the same disc. The DVD envelope states that "The Race" first aired on NBC on October 4, 1976 and "Bunny" first aired on NBC on October 18, 1976. I seem to recall reading somewhere that "Bunny" was originally scheduled to air first but was postponed for some reason. Obviously, "Bunny" should be shown first, as the storyline makes no sense if you watch "The Race" first. Even though they are distinct episodes, I sort of think of "Bunny" and "The Race" as a two-part episode.

"THE RACE" JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down

"THE RACE" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE RACE"   "THE RACE" EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 5:13 pm

liked this esp..may have to watch it again.....glad she won too..she is very kind hearted
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

"THE RACE" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE RACE"   "THE RACE" EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 11:57 pm

Yes. Laura could be spunk and saucy time to time, but her heart was made of gold. I think that some of her practical jokes and pranks were done for she was very angry and couldn't help herself but being a little mean (for example to Nellie or Harriet! greenS ShyGirl ). But she wasn't really mean, and when she would give herself some time to cool down her blood, she would act really sweetly.

Vanesa.

"THE RACE" Vanesa10
Back to top Go down

"THE RACE" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE RACE"   "THE RACE" EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:41 am

I don't think her jokes were meant to be mean or nasty. She did them to get back at them.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

"THE RACE" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE RACE"   "THE RACE" EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 12:10 am

Of course Laura would do them to get back at them..But to get back to people is mean too. I was trying to said that Laura's jokes were impulsive. She wouldn't really think to do them...but surely she would! grinsmiley

Vanesa.

"THE RACE" Vanesa10
Back to top Go down

"THE RACE" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE RACE"   "THE RACE" EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 10:13 am

yeah,I kow that.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : "THE RACE" Headac10

"THE RACE" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE RACE"   "THE RACE" EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 12:07 pm

awesome episode. Smile

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

"THE RACE" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE RACE"   "THE RACE" EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 9:12 pm

great episode. I love the scene Mrs Olsen riding out of control in Mankato. It was so funny. ROTFL I got confused, when I was watching The Race & Bunny, later on. I'm glad, Laura won in the race. it was sweet of her, bringing the crystal bowl back.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Ruth
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ruth

Number of posts : 2916
Mood : "THE RACE" Pbucket

"THE RACE" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE RACE"   "THE RACE" EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 9:40 pm

I love this episode... grinsmiley

And that silver bowl.. Whew. I don't think I would have brought that bowl back to be honest!!!! Wink

Laura is quite a girl.. Love

Leaves "THE RACE" RuthKeeper Leaves
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : "THE RACE" Headac10

"THE RACE" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE RACE"   "THE RACE" EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 5:50 pm

Laura is such a sweet girl.She works so hard for her things she wants. Smile

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

"THE RACE" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE RACE"   "THE RACE" EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:08 am

I liked this show although Laura and Nellie had it easy for most of the horse scenes, they being done by stunt women. I thought the ending was sweet and very "Mary-like" in some ways with Laura giving the bowl back. I can't help but smile as the swing their shoes over their shoulders on the way home.
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

"THE RACE" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE RACE"   "THE RACE" EmptyTue Dec 13, 2016 6:03 pm

I think Bunny is real boy horse. At the beginning of the episode. You can see a boy's parts. If, you get my meaning.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : "THE RACE" Purple2

"THE RACE" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE RACE"   "THE RACE" EmptyTue Dec 13, 2016 9:45 pm

Mr. Oleson was upset with Harriet for buying the horse saying Nellie didn't deserve to have a horse after the way she mistreated Bunny. The thoroughbred bolting out with Mrs.Oleson on him was funny. I'm happy that Bunny won the race.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"THE RACE" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE RACE"   "THE RACE" Empty

Back to top Go down

"THE RACE"
Page 1 of 1