Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"THE BULLY BOYS"

Go down 
+13
kermitfan
Shell
ChristineLovesLHOTP
bethandmanly
Ruth
Honeybee
Krissy
jes9
easyt72000
Vanesa
david
Farmer Girl
Carol
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : "THE BULLY BOYS" - Page 2 Purple2

"THE BULLY BOYS" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE BULLY BOYS"   "THE BULLY BOYS" - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 5:42 pm

I, too can't believe Bubba hitting Mary. Mary shouldn't have lied about how she got her black eye. I can't believe Nellie liking Bubba. I don't blame Charles for getting angry and going after The older Gallander brothers. If Caroline hadn't finally broke free of them, I hate to think what they would have done to her.

Last edited by Shell on Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kermitfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
kermitfan

Number of posts : 18
Mood : "THE BULLY BOYS" - Page 2 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: "THE BULLY BOYS"   "THE BULLY BOYS" - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 7:20 pm

I like this episode...the Little Joe came out of Charles when he beat the tar out of Juliette Lewis's dad, lol!
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
"THE BULLY BOYS" - Page 2 MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265
Mood : "THE BULLY BOYS" - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: "THE BULLY BOYS"   "THE BULLY BOYS" - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 7:47 pm

This was a wild episode. I could tell the bully boys were up to no good from the start.... wanting credit from everyone. But that was nothing! Soon they were doing anything they could to be the town bullies! That was awful how they stopped Caroline like that on the road and grabbed her. I don't blame Charles for being so upset with them for that.... but going to confront them alone wasn't smart. He should have let himself cool and gathered the town to go and confront them. I was glad the girls (except Nellie of course) stood up to Bubba. The best part was when the men of Walnut Grove ran the bullies out of the town while everyone else stayed at the church and sung "Onward, Christian Soldiers".

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

"THE BULLY BOYS" - Page 2 Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
david
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
david

Number of posts : 3584
Mood : "THE BULLY BOYS" - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "THE BULLY BOYS"   "THE BULLY BOYS" - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 9:47 pm

"The Bully Boys" introduced a whole new dimension. The angriest I ever saw Reverend Alden. He finally swings to Charles' side and aid when finding out that they lied to him about the mother.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : "THE BULLY BOYS" - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: "THE BULLY BOYS"   "THE BULLY BOYS" - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 7:42 am

Rev. Alden shocked me when he grabbed the one and threw him against the wall and demanded they leave and only take what they brought with them. He's usually calm, but boy did he show a different side.
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855
Mood : "THE BULLY BOYS" - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: "THE BULLY BOYS"   "THE BULLY BOYS" - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 11:22 am

I watched this episode for the first time when it was on tv last night, it wound up being a lot better than I expected. I liked it that in the end all the townspeople worked together to drive the bully boys out of town. I especially liked seeing calm, level headed, mature Mary beat up the youngest bully brother- what a surprise that was!- because it was something I never would have expected from Mary.
Back to top Go down
jason88cubs
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: "THE BULLY BOYS"   "THE BULLY BOYS" - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 8:23 pm

kermitfan wrote:
I like this episode...the Little Joe came out of Charles when he beat the tar out of Juliette Lewis's dad, lol!

I've never seen him that mad
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 529

PostSubject: Re: "THE BULLY BOYS"   "THE BULLY BOYS" - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2022 8:32 pm

I watched this episode (which I had recorded yesterday from COZI-TV) this evening. I do kind of wish I had the DVDs because it seems they cut a lot out on COZI-TV which, had it been in, would have likely made the "bully boys" even more heinous. One of my main complaints is how all this stuff seemed to happen in just one week's time, or at the most, two weeks.

I don't really understand why Mary didn't tell Ma and Pa about what Bubba did....also, wouldn't Miss Beadle have noticed her eye swelling up? So did Mary lie also to Miss Beadle? I would think one of the younger girls would have blurted out the truth in front of Miss Beadle.

I almost forgot to mention anything about Caroline being harassed by those men. So glad she was able to get away from them. Like someone else mentioned, if she hadn't, I'm not sure they would have stopped with just touching her.....or if they had been in a more secluded place, I'm afraid they may have done much more.

However, Charles should not have gone and exploded on the one brother with the other brother just locked out of the place. He should have taken the town council or something and handled it in another way. That was a no-win situation for him.

But I do really love Revd. Alden so much in this episode. I want to join the Walnut Grove church! I love how his sermons are tailored to the real-life issues facing the people of his congregation. Especially loved his final sermon about heaven and hell and the "bully boys" doing the work of the devil. Wow!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "THE BULLY BOYS"   "THE BULLY BOYS" - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

"THE BULLY BOYS"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2