Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wedding dress!

Go down 
+16
pamh36
Kristina
Kathleen Marie
bethandmanly
Teresa
Misti
Lily
Rhonda
JW
Savannah
Amy
emilyanneoftheprairie
HarrisonCrosby4387
carolineingalls
Rob
ChristinaAL
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Wedding dress! - Page 2 Love-s10

Wedding dress! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding dress!   Wedding dress! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 11:33 am

Misti wrote:
Amy wrote:
Any idea for the bridemaid dresses yet? batEyes

Ahem! Misti, speaking while trying not to move her lips whispers to Amy, "I'm partial to green or blue...what about you? grinsmiley

Ah, either would be lovely! grinsmiley I'm sure we have tons of suggestions, huh Misti? batEyes

The color of my bridesmaid dresses, BTW, were almost the identical teal color of the blouse you're wearing in your avatar Misti! Wink

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Wedding dress!   Wedding dress! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 9:32 pm

Amy, we must have similar taste in colors - teal blue is what I want for the bridesmaids dresses too. So, I'm glad you and Misti like it, I'm sure it will look great on both of you! grinsmiley LOL other than that, I really don't have any set thing in mind. I think my bridesmaids want to each pick a dress they like in the same color...but that isn't what I had in mind, I wanted them to be matching. So, I'm a little nervous about when we go to look at their dresses, hopefully they can agree on something. Hopefully within the next month we'll go looking for theirs (back to David's).

Wedding dress! - Page 2 ChristinaKeeper2 Wedding dress! - Page 2 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Wedding dress! - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Wedding dress!   Wedding dress! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 10:49 pm

Just remember Christina, it's your wedding, not theirs. You should have the final vote. My bridesmaids had all the same dresses, but my maid of honor had a different dress, which was the same color as the others. Go with you gut because it's your special day. [Cheryl will duck away and stop trying to be a pushy broad.]

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : Wedding dress! - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Wedding dress!   Wedding dress! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:03 pm

LOL!! Broad?? Cheryl, you crack me up! I agree with you. Christina, you have been planning this for a long time. It's YOUR special day.

Wedding dress! - Page 2 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Wedding dress!   Wedding dress! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 12:15 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
Just remember Christina, it's your wedding, not theirs. You should have the final vote.

Indeed. Misti & I will get over it. In time. Whistle

grinsmiley

LOL, ditto what Cheryl & Teresa said. Thumbsup The ONLY way I think the idea of different styles for different girls is if there are several different 'sizes' of girls. But even that can be remedied by simply picking a style that will flatter every body type. Happy to hear you're going with the teal color! I'm sure it will be pretty! batEyes

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wedding dress!   Wedding dress! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 1:30 pm

it's beautiful
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: Wedding dress!   Wedding dress! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 3:53 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
Just remember Christina, it's your wedding, not theirs. You should have the final vote. My bridesmaids had all the same dresses, but my maid of honor had a different dress, which was the same color as the others. Go with you gut because it's your special day. [Cheryl will duck away and stop trying to be a pushy broad.]

I was gonna get all insulted until I think I realized that meant your bridesmaids and not Amy and I...at least I HOPE so! Whistle

But seriously, I agree, Christina. Since you are the bride it comes down to what you want..so stand your ground, girlfriend! ☮

Wedding dress! - Page 2 HummerWedding dress! - Page 2 MistiKeeperWedding dress! - Page 2 Bookclub5Wedding dress! - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Wedding dress!   Wedding dress! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 5:05 pm

Misti wrote:
bethandmanly wrote:

I was gonna get all insulted until I think I realized that meant your bridesmaids and not Amy and I...at least I HOPE so! Whistle

I think you mean "other" bridesmaids, right Misti??? batEyes Gosh, this is going to be fun...I haven't gotten dressed up in ages! Wink

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Wedding dress! - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Wedding dress!   Wedding dress! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 5:29 pm

Hey! Misti and Amy get to be bridesmaids?? Christina, I do hope that I've just overlooked a very important PM from you, inviting ME to be a bridesmaid as well. batEyes I *promise* I won't use the pan at your wedding. (Unless Rob is going to be part of the wedding, too....Then I can't promise anything.)
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Wedding dress!   Wedding dress! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 6:06 pm

Savannah wrote:
Hey! Misti and Amy get to be bridesmaids?? Christina, I do hope that I've just overlooked a very important PM from you, inviting ME to be a bridesmaid as well. batEyes I *promise* I won't use the pan at your wedding. (Unless Rob is going to be part of the wedding, too....Then I can't promise anything.)

Rob can be the ring bearer...complete with his bowtie! For some reason I picture Rob with a bowtie.... grinsmiley

Savannah, would you like to be the flower girl? See how smoothly I'm taking over this wedding? Whistle

Hey, Christina, since myself & Amy are gonna be bridesmaids and we don't want to leave anyone from LH out, how many MORE bridesmaids would you like to have?? :think: ROTFL

Wedding dress! - Page 2 HummerWedding dress! - Page 2 MistiKeeperWedding dress! - Page 2 Bookclub5Wedding dress! - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : Wedding dress! - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Wedding dress!   Wedding dress! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 7:27 pm

Tell me where the church is and I'll be there with bells on!

Wedding dress! - Page 2 F61695
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Wedding dress!   Wedding dress! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 7:52 pm

:unsure:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wedding dress!   Wedding dress! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 7:53 pm

Are you sure you don't want to run security?

Wedding dress! - Page 2 180px-10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Wedding dress!   Wedding dress! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 7:54 pm

:Hahaha: Susie!!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Wedding dress! - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Wedding dress!   Wedding dress! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 8:13 pm

Nerd Fife at your service!!! Laughing

Wedding dress! - Page 2 Rhonda10Wedding dress! - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Wedding dress! - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Wedding dress!   Wedding dress! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 8:40 pm

ChristinaAL wrote:
Amy, we must have similar taste in colors - teal blue is what I want for the bridesmaids dresses too. So, I'm glad you and Misti like it, I'm sure it will look great on both of you! grinsmiley LOL other than that, I really don't have any set thing in mind. I think my bridesmaids want to each pick a dress they like in the same color...but that isn't what I had in mind, I wanted them to be matching. So, I'm a little nervous about when we go to look at their dresses, hopefully they can agree on something. Hopefully within the next month we'll go looking for theirs (back to David's).

Yes it's your day. I know you are a sweetheart, but be a bit of a bridezilla and tell them they have to wear what you want, lol. That's what I would do. But then that's just me, lol. I was so mad at my friend. She was going to be in my wedding if I would have married my ex. Well I said all these different types of dresses. Each one she made an excuse about not likeing that, or not looking right in that. I wanted to slap her. She kept telling me to have rainbow dresses like she had for her wedding. It makes me livid when others tell you what to do at your own wedding. mad It's like you will wear what I want or you're not only not going to be in the wedding, your not invited, lol! Well that may be a little to harsh. Just be firm. Even throw in a few tears and tell them they are making you frustrated, lol. Ok, I am gonna stop now. I'm tired and a but moody, lol. I wish you luck. It will turn out great in the long run!

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wedding dress!   Wedding dress! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 8:55 pm

Nerd Fife reporting for duty ROTFL

Wedding dress! - Page 2 180px-11

Last edited by Susie on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : Wedding dress! - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Wedding dress!   Wedding dress! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 9:12 pm

:faint2: :faint2: :faint2: :faint2: :faint2: :faint2: :faint2: :faint2: :faint2: :faint2: :faint2: :faint2:

ROTFL, Susie!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Wedding dress!   Wedding dress! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 11:12 am

Wow, Christina, this is sure to be a wedding for all to remember with Fife on duty! :unsure: Oh, I mean: Thumbsup

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Wedding dress!   Wedding dress! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 1:04 pm

LOL Amy, it sure will be an event to remember! Misti, can I hire you as my wedding planner? You're doing so well with planning the bridal party, I'm sure I can find something else for you to do grinsmiley

And Cheryl, thank you for the pep talk LOL - you're nt being pushy, it's what I need to hear. Same for you, Beckie, as my current wedding drama begins. My maid of honor doesn't appear to want to be involved anything besides a bachelorette party (which I don't even really want to make a big deal for - dinner and drinks would be fine for me!) She also thinks that, since I told her my worry of everyone wanting different dresses, that she should be the only one who goes with me to pick them. I don't want to leave anyone else out, but I don't want her to be mad either. Maybe we should've eloped! ROTFL

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Wedding dress! - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Wedding dress!   Wedding dress! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 11:13 pm

Lol, a lot of couple say they should elope instead. But in the end it's all worth it.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Wedding dress!   Wedding dress! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 2:50 am

ChristinaAL wrote:
Misti, can I hire you as my wedding planner? You're doing so well with planning the bridal party, I'm sure I can find something else for you to do grinsmiley

Stick with me kid, we'll get thru this! grinsmiley Hey, I have an idea. We'll sit down to a marathon of "Bridezillas" on cable and then we'll be ready to whip the troops wedding party in line to fulfill your every whim! batEyes

Now your maid of honor; is she your best friend or a relative? Just try to be as patient as you can to keep her "calm" but remember, it is your special day and you should have it go like you want it to! If she doesn't comply...send her to the board. We'll have a "talk" with her! ROTFL

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Wedding dress!   Wedding dress! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 11:45 am

Misti wrote:
ChristinaAL wrote:
Misti, can I hire you as my wedding planner? You're doing so well with planning the bridal party, I'm sure I can find something else for you to do grinsmiley

Now your maid of honor; is she your best friend or a relative? Just try to be as patient as you can to keep her "calm" but remember, it is your special day and you should have it go like you want it to! If she doesn't comply...send her to the board. We'll have a "talk" with her! ROTFL

:yeahthat:

You've heard my own 'Bridezilla' story before, Christina...in my case it was my best friend who turned into Bridezilla and I was 'supposed' to be the matron of honor. She went off her nut with me for the pettiest of things, (ahem, during the bachelorette party which she was drunk at, if that's any indication) and it literally ruined a 20 year friendship. Weddings can really bring out the worst in people. Hopefully this isn't the case with your maid of honor, and I know YOU would never be "Bridezilla" batEyes , but just don't let what happened with my best friend and me happen to you. She never apologized to me for her behavior and that really hurt me, but in my case, 'being right' didn't really help anything either. In our case, it had nothing to do with the wedding planning itself, but an argument that was totally based off her stresses of her wedding planning. AND I think that she didn't feel that I was involved enough in the planning, but I was raising two young boys at the time and didn't have all the time in the world for that stuff. Looking back, the whole thing was so petty and I am sorry that I let it go as far as it did---I was just so mad at her and felt like I deserved a sincere apology, at least after the wedding was over...I was hoping by then she'd figure out that it was all based off her wedding stress. Ugh. But you grow up, grow wiser, and realize that life is really too short and it's silly to hold grudges based on petty arguments, particularly those based around weddings! Wink

I hope you can deal with your maid of honor---she sounds pretty controlling to me in a way...honestly, I don't remember having a say in my bridesmaid dresses, ever! My 'say' was in what jewelry I wore and how I wore my hairstyle, you know? Personally, I'd make like three selections yourself and then have all the bridesmaids give their 2 cents. If most people hated one of the dresses, then rule that one out, and then YOU pick the one you really want from the remaining two. Does that sound fair Christina? What do you think, Wedding Planner Misti? batEyes

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Wedding dress!   Wedding dress! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 8:28 pm

Well said, Amy, and I totally agree. When it comes down to it, the bride is the one that is having the special day and her word is the final say. If the wedding party wants to argue about it, let them go out and get married and then they can have their say. Better yet if they do want to argue, and they are married, reverse the question to them... grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Wedding dress!   Wedding dress! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 7:35 pm

I do remember that story, Amy - people can be pretty ugly when they're stressed, but they shouldn't let their stress hurt someone they're close to. My MOH is pretty controlling - she's my best friend, at any rate the one that I've known the longest. I don't have very many close girlfriends and she was so excited when I first got engaged that it seemed that she would be the only choice. After the past few months, it seems to me that she just wants the title of MOH without really being involved with anything.

I don't expect her to have nearly as much interest as me, and I know she's busy with her own life, but I thought she would want to be involved. I have to push her to even talk about my bridal shower, which I thought would be something all of the girls and I could do together. But now that I think about it, I'm not even sure I'd trust her to get things done. Is it weird if I plan my own shower? At the same time, I don't want to come off as a controlling bridezilla, but I feel like, what other choice do I have?

All of the girls are going dress-shopping with me this weekend, but my MOH just told me last night she might not be able to, b/c she's in another wedding and that bride's appointment is the same day - something she didn't tell me until after I made my appointment, with her knowing when my appointment was and having told me she was free that day.

Ahh! banghead Sorry for rambling, I guess it's just fresh on my mind right now. I promise I won't make many posts like this, LOL!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wedding dress!   Wedding dress! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wedding dress!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next