Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Drive-In Experience

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : The Drive-In Experience Happy010

The Drive-In Experience Empty
PostSubject: The Drive-In Experience   The Drive-In Experience EmptySun Feb 25, 2007 9:57 pm

I love the Drive-In. The Drive-In Experience Happy0158

The Drive-In Experience Drive-in

I thought it would be fun to have a thread where we can talk about Drive-Ins. Do you have one in your town? Have you ever been to one? Do you like them or not?

I live about 30 minutes away from a Drive-In and they will open up for the season in March! I love going to the drive-in with friends and family. We usually take a truck and blankets and food. We buy some at the snack stand too. It's really relaxing and fun because you're not just watching the movie, you're hanging out, having fun. I like intermission ads they give. It sort of takes you back in time. Love them! Thumbsup

Here is a video about Grease at the Drive in w/ some intermission ads...
Cool Grease at the Drive-In

Here is video of more intermission time ads I found on Youtube: Intermission Time

The Drive-In Experience Horses10
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
The Drive-In Experience LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : The Drive-In Experience Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: The Drive-In Experience   The Drive-In Experience EmptySun Feb 25, 2007 10:09 pm

We never had one in my town, but there was one a few towns away, I used to go a lot during my teenage years with my friends up until my early 20's was when they closed it. bawling I abolutely loved the Drive-Ins, you can pig out and get comfortable in your car and not worry about what others think. ROTFL

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Drive-In Experience   The Drive-In Experience EmptySun Feb 25, 2007 10:54 pm

The closest drive-in to me now is about 75 miles away. Anyways, I remember going to the drive-in with my folks when I was young, around 5 on up, being in my PJs. I saw "Raiders of the Lost Ark" at the drive-through. I also remember a weird sci fi movie called "It Came Without Warning" about a bloodsucking alien thingie.
Anyways, Marshall used to have a drive-in, but now it's a residential area. The streets over there are kinda movie-related: Indiana Jones Drive, DeVito Street...
~C
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: The Drive-In Experience   The Drive-In Experience EmptySun Feb 25, 2007 11:47 pm

There is one about a half hour away from my house, but I've never been to it :( It's cool b/c you get to see 2 movies for one entrance price, but I've never had the chance to go and they're usually playing movies that have already been out in theatres for awhile by the time they show them. Maybe sometime I will go though, it seems like it would be fun :)

The Drive-In Experience ChristinaKeeper2 The Drive-In Experience 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Drive-In Experience   The Drive-In Experience Empty

Back to top Go down

The Drive-In Experience
Page 1 of 1