Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ebay purchase

Go down 
+6
Rob
Rhonda
bethandmanly
Savannah
Kathleen Marie
Amy
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Ebay purchase - Page 2 Love-s10

Ebay purchase - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ebay purchase   Ebay purchase - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 3:50 pm

Savannah wrote:
Rob wrote:
I'm glad it came, Amy! I think the neat thing about an antique is that it connects you with all the history it's "seen." The same sun that shone on Mackinac Island in that Somewhere in Time summer of 1912 also shone on your ring. That's a nice thing to always have with you.

*swoon*

Doube swoon! Wink Wow...now that is a sentiment. Thank you Rob!Ebay purchase - Page 2 Amour35 And I agree, that's what I meant about rather having an antique ring rather than a modern one, perhaps covered in diamonds---the 'history' of it, even though I don't know what it is, 'speaks' to me.Ebay purchase - Page 2 Accord02

My friend wrote something so funny to me this morning though, I simply must share:

And I am SO happy this ring has brought you such joy already...it reminds me of Lord Of The Rings though......if you name it 'My Precious' I am going to have to take it away from you......

Laughing

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Ebay purchase - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Ebay purchase   Ebay purchase - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 4:42 pm

Amy wrote:

My friend wrote something so funny to me this morning though, I simply must share:

And I am SO happy this ring has brought you such joy already...it reminds me of Lord Of The Rings though......if you name it 'My Precious' I am going to have to take it away from you......

Laughing

Aaah! Yesssssss......

Ebay purchase - Page 2 Precious

lol

Ebay purchase - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Ebay purchase   Ebay purchase - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 4:56 pm

Carol!!!! ROTFL

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Ebay purchase - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Ebay purchase   Ebay purchase - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 5:19 pm

OH AMY!!! Hun, you need to do something with your hair and please.....eat something, you are far too thin!!! Huh?

:Hahaha:

Ebay purchase - Page 2 Rhonda10Ebay purchase - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : Ebay purchase - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Ebay purchase   Ebay purchase - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 5:48 pm

And I didn't think I'd ever say this to you, Amy, but please put some clothes on. batEyes
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Ebay purchase   Ebay purchase - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 5:56 pm

Rhonda and Rob, I agree with both of you! Gosh, you know how it is---you don't quite know how bad you look until you see a picture of yourself. batEyes

I'm going to go find a shirt now.... just let me take another look at my Precious first. Wink

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Ebay purchase   Ebay purchase - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 11:57 pm

I can't believe it, but my finished ring is on my hand!!! I am SO excited!!!!! I absolutely LOVE it!! Is it wrong to love a material thing? batEyes I did not get the rhodium plating done and I am SO glad I didn't. Just the buffing and polishing brightened it up beautifully without taking away the look of the 'antique'. I just can't stop looking at it, LOL!!! Bill came with me to pick it up, and placed it on my finger. Love He loves it too, thank goodness! We both gasped when we saw it! He wasn't all that sure when we first opened it, and neither was I really---the prongs were cut off and the metal was so dark, it was hard to see the 'diamond in the rough', so to speak. I'm so glad we gave this little gem a chance. My rare rose-cut diamond has 'new life' and I just love that. I was worried it would look tiny, but it doesn't---it looks more substancial than I thought it would! And I'm so happy to have a wedding ring that reflects 'me' now. Thumbsup For some reason, photo bucket is uploading very tiny pictures---must be my settings are off or something. But they're in 'my pictures'...how do I post those here? I hope I can figure it out---I really want you guys to see the finished product! Applause

Thanks for your enthusiam everyone! grouphug

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Ebay purchase - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Ebay purchase   Ebay purchase - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 11:59 pm

I'm so glad for you, Amy! And I'm really glad that you didn't need to have it plated to make it sparkle for you! I can't wait to see how it looks! That's great that Bill likes it so much, too. That makes it all the better for you!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Ebay purchase   Ebay purchase - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 12:26 am

Glad to hear it, Amy!

As for posting pics from Photobucket, it's just like when you post them in the Games section. When you pass your cursor over a Photobucket pic, the link options will pop up under it. The option at the bottom - IMG Code - is the one you want. Click on that code and it will be highlighted. Then you copy and paste it right into the message box you're typing in here. That should work. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Ebay purchase   Ebay purchase - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 12:27 am

Thank you Savannah! I feel the same way! I will warn you, my pictures are not the greatest---we have kind of a useless digital. But there are a couple of decent shots, if not a wee bit blurry. Hopefully you'll get the idea though. And hey, when you come for coffee and baby Emma holding, you can see it in person! Wink Wink

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Ebay purchase   Ebay purchase - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 12:28 am

Rob wrote:
Glad to hear it, Amy!

As for posting pics from Photobucket, it's just like when you post them in the Games section. When you pass your cursor over a Photobucket pic, the link options will pop up under it. The option at the bottom - IMG Code - is the one you want. Click on that code and it will be highlighted. Then you copy and paste it right into the message box you're typing in here. That should work. Thumbsup

Thanks Rob! Ok...I should be going to bed but I'm going to go try this first! Thumbsup BRB...

Ok, going to try this:

Ebay purchase - Page 2 372

Nope---see, it's as tiny as it is on my photobucket page. I don't know why all my pics are coming out like this! It's a full pic though in my 'computer' pictures though. If I can post them through that, rather than photo bucket, you should be able to see the full image.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Ebay purchase   Ebay purchase - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 12:38 am

Oh, I'm sorry, Amy. I misread your earlier post and thought you were asking how to post pictures from Photobucket. :shy:

I don't think you can post pics from your computer on here. Can you resize the ones at Photobucket?
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Ebay purchase   Ebay purchase - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 12:41 am

Ebay purchase - Page 2 Picture_save <--- That little button actually lets you host a picture directly from your computer, Amy. If you click it in the reply box, it brings up a new box that you can load your picture into.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Ebay purchase   Ebay purchase - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 12:42 am

Oh wow, I never knew that!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Ebay purchase   Ebay purchase - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 12:45 am

Oh cool---ok, I'll try that! BRB...again. grinsmiley

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Ebay purchase   Ebay purchase - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 12:53 am

Ok, not sure what's going on. I get it uploaded on that screen, but I can't get it to display right here! It says the URL and everything after I click "host it" and yet nothing happens. :scratch:

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Ebay purchase   Ebay purchase - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 12:59 am

You have to highlight and copy the string of html it produces. Then paste it here. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Ebay purchase   Ebay purchase - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 1:04 am

Oh Oh OH!!! Ok, BRB!!! :haha:

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Ebay purchase   Ebay purchase - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 1:09 am

Ok, here we go---a bit embarrassing how HUGE my hands look here! Disregard the premature aging! grinsmiley

Thank you for your help Savannah---this will be nice to be able to post computer pics here now! And I'll post a couple more angles of the ring after this one:

Ebay purchase - Page 2 37213

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Ebay purchase   Ebay purchase - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 1:13 am

Ooooooooh, Amy, it's stunning!!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Ebay purchase   Ebay purchase - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 1:16 am

This is a truly ugly view of my hand ( :unsure: ), but it's a good angle of the ring/detailing.

Ebay purchase - Page 2 36212

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Ebay purchase   Ebay purchase - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 1:16 am

Thank you Savannah!! I appreciate that! Um, I tried the smaller "300 pixel" but it was too hard to see. Sorry for the HUGE hand pictures everyone! :shy:

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Ebay purchase   Ebay purchase - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 1:19 am

Last one that turned out even remotely 'viewable' :

Ebay purchase - Page 2 36910

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Ebay purchase   Ebay purchase - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 1:19 am

Oh, that is truly beautiful! I'm so glad that it turned out so well for you!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Ebay purchase   Ebay purchase - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 1:22 am

Good grief, I had no idea my fingers were THAT wrinkly! :think: :haha: Gosh, I'm glad I don't take close up pictures of every part of my body or I would have a serious complex---I thought my hands were my 'good feature'! grinsmiley

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ebay purchase   Ebay purchase - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ebay purchase
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next