Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What Natural Disasters have you experienced?

Go down 
+9
HarrisonCrosby4387
Gin
Farmer Girl
Savannah
LIWnut
Lily
Rhonda
Amy
Carol
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : What Natural Disasters have you experienced? Happy010

What Natural Disasters have you experienced? Empty
PostSubject: What Natural Disasters have you experienced?   What Natural Disasters have you experienced? EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 10:31 pm

Natural Disasters.... Hurricanes, Floods, Earthquakes, etc.... they strike when you least expect and cause a lot of damage and fear.

What Natural Disasters have you experienced? 113

*What natural disaster have you experienced? Tells us your story here.

===================

In 1987 I experienced the Whittier Narrows earthquake. It had a magnitude of 5.9. It struck at 7:42 AM while I was getting ready for school.
After it was over, a lot of people ran outside to check with neighbors and friends. After about an hour, we still had to go to school. While at school around 10AM we got another aftershock and everyone got under the desks. We were getting several so the principal canceled school and by 12PM the school was empty.

We were getting so many aftershocks that everyone started panicking and I remember going to the store to buy food, water and emergency stuff and boy was it crowded! Kind of like Black Friday OhMy

We bought a lot of water bottles, bread, canned food and 2 first aid kits. It was a scary time because of the aftershocks... you just never knew which aftershock would trigger a big earthquake. Those were the days I took the fastest showers possible LOL We also all slept in sleeping bags in the living room and it was very scary listening to the earth rumble in the middle of the night. In total, there were about 500 aftershocks! The biggest aftershock occurred 4 days later, sure was a scary time. What Natural Disasters have you experienced? Smiley_emoticons_scared

Here is a video I found on youtube that talked about it: