Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My son's g/friend having surgery

Go down 
+10
ChristinaAL
Amy
pamh36
Alice
Rob
JW
Kristina
bethandmanly
Rhonda
Gin
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

My son's g/friend having surgery - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My son's g/friend having surgery   My son's g/friend having surgery - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 7:28 pm

I'm glad things went well with you friend, Gin. My thoughts and prayers are with her.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : My son's g/friend having surgery - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: My son's g/friend having surgery   My son's g/friend having surgery - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 9:12 pm

Lauren had a small set back as of Friday. She was suddenly unable to swallow and went to the doctor. He found a blood clot in the back of her throat. In finding that, he also noticed the swelling a bit more than he had hoped for.
He soon realized that the 20 titanium screws she has in her jaws were in too tight. SO next Friday she will be going in for an outpatient surgery to loosen them a bit.
She is getting tired of the swelling and not being able to eat. She only yesterday was able to eat some soup.
Keep her in your prayers. Thanks so much.

My son's g/friend having surgery - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
My son's g/friend having surgery - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : My son's g/friend having surgery - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: My son's g/friend having surgery   My son's g/friend having surgery - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 9:16 pm

Poor dear! How miserable. Lauren has my prayers.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: My son's g/friend having surgery   My son's g/friend having surgery - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 9:19 pm

Oh that poor thing. I feel just horrible for her!! She has to wait until next Friday for the surgery?!?! Seems like they could make this a priority!! I will certainly keep Lauren in my prayers.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: My son's g/friend having surgery   My son's g/friend having surgery - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 9:32 pm

I was thinking the same thing, Amy, about her having to wait until Friday being as miserable as she is.

She is in my prayers, Gin.

My son's g/friend having surgery - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : My son's g/friend having surgery - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: My son's g/friend having surgery   My son's g/friend having surgery - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 9:32 pm

I Will Be Praying for Lauren

My son's g/friend having surgery - Page 2 Jacobk10My son's g/friend having surgery - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: My son's g/friend having surgery   My son's g/friend having surgery - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 2:43 pm

Thanks everyone. She was at church today, and is just happy for small things like EATING. That has certainly given her energy to face all of this. Nathan is spending the afternoon with her and she will be going with us this week to celebrate his birthday that was the 9th. She is not having to take much pain meds now, so really its just the feeling of the swelling that is bothersome.
This procedure shouldn't take very long on Friday and hopefully get her on a fast mend.

I can already see changes in her face, and I'm sure once the swelling is down she will be awesome. Smiles....Gin

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : My son's g/friend having surgery - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: My son's g/friend having surgery   My son's g/friend having surgery - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:09 pm

I'll definitely keep up the prayers Gin. Let us know how she does on Friday.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: My son's g/friend having surgery   My son's g/friend having surgery - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 3:35 pm

Lauren did well. She is back to a liquid diet, but managed to mash up some pancakes last night. (Now that is wanting food bad!)
The swelling will be back for a while, but she is not hurting too bad. Hopfully after this week she will start to see the swelling go down alot.
She already looks good. All the buising is gone.
Thanks so much for all of your prayers for her. She has handled this very well, knowing that she has had alot of prayer.

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: My son's g/friend having surgery   My son's g/friend having surgery - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 5:44 pm

She continues to be in my prayers, Gin. Thank you for the update.

My son's g/friend having surgery - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My son's g/friend having surgery   My son's g/friend having surgery - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 7:10 pm

Thanks for the update, Gin.

Lauren, is in my thoughts and prayers.
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : My son's g/friend having surgery - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: My son's g/friend having surgery   My son's g/friend having surgery - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 8:33 pm

Gin wrote:
Lauren did well. She is back to a liquid diet, but managed to mash up some pancakes last night. (Now that is wanting food bad!)

You said it, Gin! :gross: I am so glad she is progressing well! Applause

My son's g/friend having surgery - Page 2 HummerMy son's g/friend having surgery - Page 2 MistiKeeperMy son's g/friend having surgery - Page 2 Bookclub5My son's g/friend having surgery - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: My son's g/friend having surgery   My son's g/friend having surgery - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 10:59 pm

Okay we keep taking one step forward and two backwards. Lauren is very nauseous now because of lack of food and now a bit of pain meds. She is trying hard to keep drinking but meds are hurting her stomach. I'm hoping the doctor will give her a patch to wear. The last thing she needs is to "loose it" with her jaw the way it is.
Sorry if any of you are reading this while eating breakfast!!!

Say a prayer for her today. She was hoping to go on to school, but not sure she needs to now.
Nathan is getting mega dose of how to be patient and encouraging. :alright:

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: My son's g/friend having surgery   My son's g/friend having surgery - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 8:29 am

Poor Lauren! Blue She really is going through a rough time. I am still praying for her...I'm glad she has Nathan to help keep her spirits up.

Thanks for the updates Gin!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : My son's g/friend having surgery - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: My son's g/friend having surgery   My son's g/friend having surgery - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 9:41 am

Aw, geez Gin, that poor girl. I hope an pray she'll be feeling better soon.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: My son's g/friend having surgery   My son's g/friend having surgery - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 9:47 am

Lauren did get back to school yesterday. She's a tough one. Most teachers were really great and giving her time to get back in her schedule. She was glad to have something to do besides watch tv.
She butchered some Lasagna last night and ate it. She will hate pasta when this is over!!
She will have another check up soon, so keep praying. Thanks to you all, she is getting through this.
I'm thankful for once for the internet so Nathan can chat with her when she isn't feeling up to talking. OR playing her a jazz tune on his trumpet over the phone. How creative is that!
Have a great day everyone! ~ Smiles.....Gin :skiss:

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: My son's g/friend having surgery   My son's g/friend having surgery - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 10:16 am

Gin, Lauren really is one tough cookie! I'm sure she was going a little stir crazy at home too, and I know she's good at her studies and is probably happy to get back in the swing of things. Thanks for the update! I'm glad she's on the mend! Thumbsup

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My son's g/friend having surgery   My son's g/friend having surgery - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My son's g/friend having surgery
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2