Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Strange Things

Go down 
+11
Lily
pamh36
Farmer Girl
Misti
Carol
Savannah
Amy
Rhonda
Teresa
Rob
Robinsgirl
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Robinsgirl
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 329
Mood : Strange Things Goodsi10

Strange Things Empty
PostSubject: Strange Things   Strange Things EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 12:21 pm

Ok so I have a friend who is really bummed out because she has a LOT of strage habbits,and does some really strange things. When I told her she wasnt the only one who did strange things she didnt believe me! So if you can, post some of the strange things you do so I can prove to her she isnt the only one that does strange things.

Here are some of my strange things.

When i read, I have to be carrying something with my feet. A chair, a ball, a sweater. I bothers me if my feet are just sitting there *or I guess it would be just standing there*

When I do math, I sometimes have to lay my head on the desk and look horizontally at my paper through my right eye. *I took classes to correct this so I only have to do it on occasion*

I cant skip a meal. It makes me think my whole internal clock system is going to go wAcKo

Sometimes life throws you under the bus. You gotta hold on for dear life. Don't waste one single day.

==============================================================================================

I wonder how I find myself with the greatest boy ever! <3 He loves me in spite of my issues.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616

Strange Things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 1:39 pm

I also have a bunch of odd little obsessive habits. For me, it centers around numbers. Whenever I see a series of numbers - like on a license plate, or a digital clock, or whatever - I have to add them up. And I have little rituals I have to follow before I go to bed - arranging things a certain way, and so on.

It's just a mild form of obsessive-compulsive disorder. So tell your friend she's not alone. I have it, and as anyone on this board can tell you, I'm completely normal. Whistle
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : Strange Things Happy010

Strange Things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 3:03 pm

Growing up I used to bite my nails. A very bad habit!! Now, some of my nails are long, and some are short. When they break, I tend to bite them a little, and then tell myself, "Stop it already!" LOL!!

And yes, Rob is by far the most "normal" person on this board. Or so he thinks...............

Strange Things TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Strange Things Purple2

Strange Things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 3:48 pm

Rob wrote:
and as anyone on this board can tell you, I'm completely normal. Whistle

Strange Things 23_33_20

Strange Things Rhonda10Strange Things Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Strange Things Love-s10

Strange Things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 3:49 pm

Hmm...I'm not sure of anything that I do that would be considered 'strange'. :think: I'll ask my hubby when he gets home...I'm sure he can come up with plenty of strange quirks of mine! grinsmiley

Interesting thread! Thumbsup

And Rob...my hubby's not too far off from you---his side of the closet has to be 'just so' before he goes to bed. (While my side is a wreck....and I sleep just fine. Wink ).

Teresa, I've been a nail biter my whole life....not sure what that tells about us. :unsure:

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Strange Things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 3:52 pm

Amy wrote:
And Rob...my hubby's not too far off from you---his side of the closet has to be 'just so' before he goes to bed. (While my side is a wreck....and I sleep just fine. Wink ).

How long have you and your husband been sleeping in the closet? :think:

batEyes
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Strange Things Purple2

Strange Things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 3:53 pm

Rob wrote:
Amy wrote:

batEyes

Sooner or later, they ALL come out of the closet, you know........ Whistle

Strange Things Rhonda10Strange Things Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Strange Things Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426

Strange Things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 4:23 pm

Rob wrote:
Amy wrote:

batEyes

Amy, since you aren't here right now, allow me........ Frying pan
Feel free to take over once you get here. batEyes

Now...To the subject...I can't think of any odd habits of mine off hand - probably because they're not odd to me, you know? I'm used to me by now. batEyes Oh but, if someone leaves a musical chord hanging at the end of a song - like ending on a diminished 7th or such, I *have* to mentally finish it. I have to hear a conclusive end. I don't know if that's odd or just boring, but it's me either way. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

Strange Things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 5:30 pm

Amy wrote:

Teresa, I've been a nail biter my whole life....not sure what that tells about us. :unsure:

Another nail biter here.. :shy:
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

Strange Things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 7:11 pm

I know I check a few times if something is locked or not, if I have put my keys in my purse ...stuff like that.

Strange Things HummerStrange Things MistiKeeperStrange Things Bookclub5Strange Things Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Farmer Girl
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Farmer Girl

Number of posts : 2578

Strange Things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 8:32 pm

Savannah wrote:

Now...To the subject...I can't think of any odd habits of mine off hand - probably because they're not odd to me, you know? I'm used to me by now. batEyes Oh but, if someone leaves a musical chord hanging at the end of a song - like ending on a diminished 7th or such, I *have* to mentally finish it. I have to hear a conclusive end. I don't know if that's odd or just boring, but it's me either way. Laughing

lol, I'm kinda like that. When I'm playing a song on the paino, if I get called by my mom or dad right at the end to do something, or if I stop for some other reason, I *HAVE* to go back and play the last few notes. If I don't if drives me crazy!
When someone else is driving, and our front tires hit a bump, but are back tires don't, or if we stop, but I don't feel the little 'bump' when the vehicle comes to a stop, it leaves me feeling unsettled for almost an hour!

Strange Things FGKeeper

~ Home is the nicest word there is ~

Strange Things Little
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

Strange Things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 9:27 pm

Rob wrote:
as anyone on this board can tell you, I'm completely normal. Whistle

ROTFL :Hahaha:

Anyway, I have some strange habits too. I check the alarm clock at least a half a dozen times before I go to bed, even though I see the little dot in the corner of the clock indicating that the alarm is indeed set, and even though I know I just checked to make sure the time was correct two minutes before.

If it's the weekend (a time when I don't set my alarm, usually), I can't get out of bed until the clock says an even number within 10 minute intervals. Like 7:50, 8:00, or 8:10. :unsure:

I can't fall asleep unless the tv is on, but I can't stand waking up in the middle of the night to the tv being on, so I set the sleep timer on my tv every night. This is a newer habit. I used to never be able to sleep unless the room was completely quiet.

As I am reading what I am writing, and before I list anymore, I think I am going to make an appointment Monday to have my head checked. help

Strange Things PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Strange Things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 10:23 pm

pamh36 wrote:
Rob wrote:
as anyone on this board can tell you, I'm completely normal. Whistle

Pam! :Hahaha:
Oh did I do that out loud? batEyes I meant . . . . Yes, Rob.....You're right, Rob. batEyes

Farmer Girl, I do the same thing if I'm interrupted during a song at the piano. :haha:
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Strange Things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 10:31 pm

Farmer Girl wrote:
When I'm playing a song on the paino, if I get called by my mom or dad right at the end to do something, or if I stop for some other reason, I *HAVE* to go back and play the last few notes. If I don't if drives me crazy!

Once I read about a baseball player who, if someone touched him, he had to touch them back. His teammates knew about this odd little obsession, and one day when he and his wife were at the mall, one of his 'mates rushed up, touched him, and ran away laughing. His wife chased the guy, yelling, "Please let him touch you back! If he doesn't, he won't sleep tonight!"

That sounds like a much more extreme version of Savannah's diminished 7th and Farmer Girl playing the last notes - the desire to finish and complete something. With the ballplayer, it was like, "You touch me, I touch you, and now the circuit is completed."
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Strange Things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 10:34 pm

pamh36 wrote:
I can't get out of bed until the clock says an even number within 10 minute intervals. Like 7:50, 8:00, or 8:10. :unsure:

Ooh, another numbers person! I have certain numbers that are "good" or "bad." Whistle

Pam wrote:
I think I am going to make an appointment Monday to have my head checked. help

Maybe we can get a two-for-one discount? Wink
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Strange Things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 10:34 pm

Oh my goodness, Rob! That's pretty bad that he wouldn't even be able to sleep!

grinsmiley I had a friend who could be awakened by going to the piano and playing the first part of "Shave and a Haircut" but leaving out the "Two bits". She *had* to go downstairs and play those last two notes.
Back to top Go down
Farmer Girl
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Farmer Girl

Strange Things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 12:43 pm

Quote :
I had a friend who could be awakened by going to the piano and playing the first part of "Shave and a Haircut" but leaving out the "Two bits". She *had* to go downstairs and play those last two notes.

lol, Well, at least I'm not alone!

Strange Things FGKeeper

Strange Things Little
Back to top Go down
Robinsgirl
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 329

Strange Things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 1:16 pm

pamh36 wrote:

If it's the weekend (a time when I don't set my alarm, usually), I can't get out of bed until the clock says an even number within 10 minute intervals. Like 7:50, 8:00, or 8:10. :unsure:
[/quote]

haha! On weekends it drives me insane if I get up before 10:00!!! I hate getting up early!

Sometimes life throws you under the bus. You gotta hold on for dear life. Don't waste one single day.

==============================================================================================

I wonder how I find myself with the greatest boy ever! <3 He loves me in spite of my issues.
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Strange Things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 1:43 pm

Rob wrote:
pamh36 wrote:
I can't get out of bed until the clock says an even number within 10 minute intervals. Like 7:50, 8:00, or 8:10. :unsure:

Ooh, another numbers person! I have certain numbers that are "good" or "bad." Whistle

Pam wrote:
I think I am going to make an appointment Monday to have my head checked. help

Maybe we can get a two-for-one discount? Wink

Hey, you never know, we can try it out. :haha:

Strange Things PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Strange Things Love-s10

Strange Things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 2:45 pm

Savannah wrote:
Rob wrote:
Amy wrote:

batEyes

Amy, since you aren't here right now, allow me........ Frying pan
Feel free to take over once you get here. batEyes:
[/color]

Thank you Savannah.

For our 'normal' Rob: Frying pan

LOL, I guess I did kind of make it sound like we slept in the closet, didn't I?! :haha:

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Strange Things LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Strange Things Vianne10

Strange Things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 3:31 pm

I knew there are some strange people here when I join this forum, but I took my chance. But wow! I didn't realize you guys are THAT strange. Whistle grinsmiley

I don't know if this is a strange thing or a case of OCD, but I hate touching dirty money. Every time I touch it, I have to wash my hands. I have a container of baby wipes in the car, so when I'm outside, I just wipe my hands after dealing with the money. But as soon as I get home, I still have to wash my hands with warm water and soap.

Also, shoelace have to be tucked inside the shoes/sneakers. Oh that reminded me that our *ahem* 'normal' Rob has to have all his shoes pointed at a certain direction. batEyes

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Strange Things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 4:34 pm

Lily wrote:
Oh that reminded me that our *ahem* 'normal' Rob has to have all his shoes pointed at a certain direction. batEyes

Yeah, but only when I'm walking. Whistle
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

Number of posts : 812
Mood : Strange Things Party010

Strange Things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 7:28 pm

I have some of the same quirks as Pam.

I'll check my clock at least three times after setting the alarm, though I see the red indicator light. I'll even turn the alarm on and off a few times just to make sure the light is working properly.

I can't go to bed before 2:35am, unless I'm not feeling well or I have to be up early, and then I'll most likely need a sleep aid. This is something that came about immediately after losing my Mom. I know it has something to do with that dreaded phone call from the hospital at 2:35am. I'll fight to stay awake for as long as I can, and if I just have to fall asleep, I'll take a nap, even if it's midnight, and I'll have my cell phone clock wake me up so I won't spend the entire night on the sofa. I really hate when I turn off the alarm and go back to sleep....ending up on the sofa all night. I've started doing that a lot, lately. :think: I also sleep with the TV on...using the timer. This all started after losing Mom, too. Oddly enough, I can sleep with the TV on in the den while I'm napping, but I never use the timer.

I think I have a bit of OCD.
There are times when I'll bump my elbow, arm, or leg, and then I'll have to bump the other for that same feeling. Well, as long as it's not very painful. LOL!

I'm not a neat-freak, but if I stack cans of tuna on top of each other in my pantry, all the labels have to in exact order. All labels must be able to be seen in the pantry, on the shelves or in the fridge.

If I hear someone crack their knuckles, I have to do it, too.

Strange Things LMKeeper

dreamNwish Photo Art & Gifts - http://www.zazzle.com/dreamnwish_photo_art

"If you can't be good, be good at it."
Back to top Go down
http://hisbadgeherbadgefanfiction.bravehost.com/index.html
Farmer Girl
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Farmer Girl

Strange Things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 10:31 pm

LM wrote:
If I hear someone crack their knuckles, I have to do it, too.

After reading that, I had to crack mine! lol

Strange Things FGKeeper

Strange Things Little
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Strange Things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 10:32 pm

Awww, LM, I'm sure you are right about not being able to go to bed before 2:35 a.m., something like that will never leave you. Blue

Strange Things PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Strange Things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things Empty

Back to top Go down

Strange Things
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next