Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Strange Things

Go down 
+11
Lily
pamh36
Farmer Girl
Misti
Carol
Savannah
Amy
Rhonda
Teresa
Rob
Robinsgirl
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Strange Things - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 12:44 am

for me mybe this will be just odd!!

I CANNOT eat in my bedroom unless my BED is made!

I can't sleep with out socks on my feet!

I can't sleep with any type of light on!!

I can't sleep with a fan on becuz the sound drives me nutts!
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

Number of posts : 812
Mood : Strange Things - Page 2 Party010

PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 10:02 am

Farmer Girl wrote:
LM wrote:
If I hear someone crack their knuckles, I have to do it, too.

After reading that, I had to crack mine! lol

You're silly. :haha: I'll bet your knuckles felt better, though.

Strange Things - Page 2 LMKeeper

dreamNwish Photo Art & Gifts - http://www.zazzle.com/dreamnwish_photo_art

"If you can't be good, be good at it."
Back to top Go down
http://hisbadgeherbadgefanfiction.bravehost.com/index.html
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 10:08 am

pamh36 wrote:
Awww, LM, I'm sure you are right about not being able to go to bed before 2:35 a.m., something like that will never leave you. Blue

Hi, Pam.

I'd thought for a while that I might need to talk to someone other than my regular doctor about it, but it's been going on for so long, it's like a bad habit or a comfort that I don't think I want to lose. It's not the best thing to stay up late each night, or to fight sleep, but I can't help it. It just seems very wrong for me to even think of going to bed before that time. Blue

Thanks for listening.

BTW - I hope my comments aren't bringing you down. I truly don't intend that for you or anyone. I just get started and can't stop at times. :shy:

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Strange Things - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Strange Things - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 10:12 am

sweetheart wrote:

I can't sleep with any type of light on!!

When I was a little girl, two of my brothers shared a bedroom. One of my brothers couldn't sleep with any kind of light on, and the other brother couldn't sleep without a night light. Laughing That made for some interesting nights.
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 7:36 pm

LM wrote:
pamh36 wrote:
Awww, LM, I'm sure you are right about not being able to go to bed before 2:35 a.m., something like that will never leave you. Blue

Hi, Pam.

I'd thought for a while that I might need to talk to someone other than my regular doctor about it, but it's been going on for so long, it's like a bad habit or a comfort that I don't think I want to lose. It's not the best thing to stay up late each night, or to fight sleep, but I can't help it. It just seems very wrong for me to even think of going to bed before that time. Blue

Thanks for listening.

BTW - I hope my comments aren't bringing you down. I truly don't intend that for you or anyone. I just get started and can't stop at times. :shy:

No, you aren't bringing me down at all. It helps to talk to someone who understands. If you ever need anyone to talk to, please know that you can send me a PM any time. :alright:

Strange Things - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Strange Things - Page 2 LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Strange Things - Page 2 Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 10:36 pm

LM wrote:
I'm not a neat-freak, but if I stack cans of tuna on top of each other in my pantry, all the labels have to in exact order. All labels must be able to be seen in the pantry, on the shelves or in the fridge.

Me too, LM!! Even when I'm in the supermarket, if I see a can or a box is out of place, I have to turn it so the label is facing out..........and I do it for free! Whistle :haha:

When I go to sleep, I HAVE to sleep on my left side. :sleep:

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 10:40 pm

I'm glad to know I'm not upsetting you.

You're so right about having someone to talk to who understands. I really appreciate the invite to send you a PM. I mentioned a while back that you could do the same. I'm here to listen. Don't be too surprised of I contact you in the near future.

Thank you.

Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 10:52 pm

Lily wrote:
LM wrote:
I'm not a neat-freak, but if I stack cans of tuna on top of each other in my pantry, all the labels have to in exact order. All labels must be able to be seen in the pantry, on the shelves or in the fridge.

Me too, LM!! Even when I'm in the supermarket, if I see a can or a box is out of place, I have to turn it so the label is facing out..........and I do it for free! Whistle :haha:

Hey, Lily.

I find myself straightening up in the stores, too. I even pick up items from the floor and if I try something on, I'll fold it neatly and replace it if the clerks aren't around to do it. One day, a clerk noticed I'd done that and asked if I worked in a clothing store. LOL! I told her that I didn't, but my brother worked in a department store several years ago, and my Mom and I would feel bad for him when we'd see him having to put items back in place or he'd tell us....like when someone would leave a pair of shoes in the food aisle. Ugh! Frying pan

I was shopping a couple of days ago, and I saw that a shower cap was just lying below the rest which were hanging up, so I had to hang it back up, too. I don't get paid either! :haha:

I always lie on my back or left side when I get into bed. I think it's because if I've spent time on the sofa relaxing, I'm lying on my right side to see TV. Hmm. :think: Yeah, that's gotta be it. :haha:

Back to top Go down
Robinsgirl
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 329
Mood : Strange Things - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 11:04 pm

Here is something strange!

Last night *in all siriousness* I dreamed I was on a ride at Disneylans. When we got off of the ride, my family left me. So, I tried to go through the exit but it was gone. So I startem ramming myself into the exit. I finally woke up running myself into the wall.

At our mission trip three years ago, I slept walked everynight. The first night I wandered around the room asking people if they had seen my shoes. The next night I went and got into my suitcase, the night after that I got in bed with someone *luckily the boys rooms were locked. The girls slept in the gymnasium* and the last night I got up and took a shower.

At our second mission trip I

Threw a fan up against the wall, tried to turn on the lights in the room, threw my covers on someone elses bed, and the last night I woke up screaming Oh my gosh! Harry they calle dus but they wernt supposed to. Then ran out of the room with my DA chasing after me.

Often I will walk down stairs and start playing the piano, or I will try to take a shower.

I almost left the hotel room during our last vacation, but the weirdest sleep walking event that ever happened to me was running down the stairs and telling my mom I had lost my hamster. Well, she was so mad bc she thought I had my hamster out at midnight. So we were looking around the house, feeling on th floor and thats when my mom heard her running in her cage.

In case you are wondering all of this is second hand info. cept the first one, nobody but me knows that!! Well, now you do!!

Sometimes life throws you under the bus. You gotta hold on for dear life. Don't waste one single day.

==============================================================================================

I wonder how I find myself with the greatest boy ever! <3 He loves me in spite of my issues.
Back to top Go down
Farmer Girl
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Farmer Girl

Number of posts : 2578

PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 10:23 am

LM wrote:
Lily wrote:
LM wrote:

Hey, Lily.

I find myself straightening up in the stores, too. I even pick up items from the floor and if I try something on, I'll fold it neatly and replace it if the clerks aren't around to do it. One day, a clerk noticed I'd done that and asked if I worked in a clothing store. LOL! I told her that I didn't, but my brother worked in a department store several years ago, and my Mom and I would feel bad for him when we'd see him having to put items back in place or he'd tell us....like when someone would leave a pair of shoes in the food aisle. Ugh! Frying pan

I was shopping a couple of days ago, and I saw that a shower cap was just lying below the rest which were hanging up, so I had to hang it back up, too. I don't get paid either! :haha:

I always lie on my back or left side when I get into bed. I think it's because if I've spent time on the sofa relaxing, I'm lying on my right side to see TV. Hmm. :think: Yeah, that's gotta be it. :haha:

I'm kinda a neat freak, but I don't usually do things like this: I was in wal-mart yesterday, and while my dad was looking at something, I noticed the little blue sign above wasn't on its hanger all the way. One side was on, the other side was off. Well, it drove me nuts 'till I finally reached up there and hooked the other side!
If I'm in a restaurant eating, when I'm through, the plates in front of me drive me insane! I have to gather my family's plates up and stack them up. I also have this thing about leaving our tables fairly clean. (I've bused tables before, and know what a pain it is to clean a messy table) My dad's like "That's what they get payed to do!" lol But we make a bigger mess than some people, too.

Strange Things - Page 2 FGKeeper

~ Home is the nicest word there is ~

Strange Things - Page 2 Little
Back to top Go down
Robinsgirl
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 12:40 pm

My dad and I do that, but it drives the rest of my family crazy. The manager came over to us one time and asked us if the waitress had forgotten about us. We said no we just felt sorry about the big mess we left. The manager just laughed at us and walked off.

Sometimes life throws you under the bus. You gotta hold on for dear life. Don't waste one single day.

==============================================================================================

I wonder how I find myself with the greatest boy ever! <3 He loves me in spite of my issues.
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648

PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 3:27 pm

I'm gone for a few weeks to come back and find half the site has OCD. lol

I've got my pecadillos too...I can't finish something with an odd number. It has to be even.

Go figure.

So long as it's even.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Strange Things - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 4:15 pm

Strange Things - Page 2 3-93

Well Larry...this post number ended on an odd number, so you need to come back and finish up! grinsmiley

Strange Things - Page 2 Rhonda10Strange Things - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 4:48 pm

Rhonda wrote:

Well Larry...this post number ended on an odd number, so you need to come back and finish up! grinsmiley

Laughing Good catch Rhonda!

Strange Things - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Robinsgirl
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 6:33 pm

Carol wrote:
Rhonda wrote:

Laughing Good catch Rhonda!

Poor guy he was so disturbed by his lack of evenness that he had to leave!

Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 8:18 pm

Farmer Girl wrote:
LM wrote:
Lily wrote:
LM wrote:

Hey, Lily.

I'm kinda a neat freak, but I don't usually do things like this: I was in wal-mart yesterday, and while my dad was looking at something, I noticed the little blue sign above wasn't on its hanger all the way. One side was on, the other side was off. Well, it drove me nuts 'till I finally reached up there and hooked the other side!
If I'm in a restaurant eating, when I'm through, the plates in front of me drive me insane! I have to gather my family's plates up and stack them up. I also have this thing about leaving our tables fairly clean. (I've bused tables before, and know what a pain it is to clean a messy table) My dad's like "That's what they get payed to do!" lol But we make a bigger mess than some people, too.

I can't stand the dirty dishes being piled up in front of me, either. I usually ask another waiter/waiter to send ours over if they don't mind so they can take them away quickly. Just a few weeks ago, a group of us were out to dinner, and the plates weren't being moved quickly enough for me, so a friend helped me pile them up and then he moved them to a table beside us which had dirty dishes waiting on it. When the waitress came to us, I told her that I hope she didn't mind, and she said she didn't...that a lot of people do that and she understands.

Yes, those who bus tables do get paid for it, but it doesn't hurt when a customer is kind enough to help a little. I know I'd appreciate it. Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 8:58 pm

flatbroke wrote:
I'm gone for a few weeks to come back and find half the site has OCD. lol

I've got my pecadillos too...I can't finish something with an odd number. It has to be even.

Go figure.

So long as it's even.

Well, welcome to the "OCD Gang". Don't you feel lucky to be part of such a wonderful group? grinsmiley

Strange Things - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Lily

PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 11:15 pm

LM, Farmer Girl, this is so neat! I tend to stack up the dirty dishes too after we eat in the restaurant. Hey, the 3 of us should go have a lunch date one day. :haha: I also can't stand having dirty dishes, not even a dirty spoon sitting in the sink. After I cook, I have to wash all the dirty dishes, pans, pots, and utensils before I can sit down and eat. I'm too anal at times and it drives myself crazy. LOL!!

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 12:36 am

Lily wrote:
LM, Farmer Girl, this is so neat! I tend to stack up the dirty dishes too after we eat in the restaurant.

Another stacker here Laughing I don't do it all the time... but 50% of the time yes...

Strange Things - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 8:03 am

Lily wrote:
LM, Farmer Girl, this is so neat! I tend to stack up the dirty dishes too after we eat in the restaurant. Hey, the 3 of us should go have a lunch date one day. :haha: I also can't stand having dirty dishes, not even a dirty spoon sitting in the sink. After I cook, I have to wash all the dirty dishes, pans, pots, and utensils before I can sit down and eat. I'm too anal at times and it drives myself crazy. LOL!!

We might get a little too excited and start cleaning more than our table. :haha:

Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 8:04 am

Carol wrote:
Lily wrote:
LM, Farmer Girl, this is so neat! I tend to stack up the dirty dishes too after we eat in the restaurant.

Another stacker here Laughing I don't do it all the time... but 50% of the time yes...

Stackers unite! happy1

:haha:

Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Lily

PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 11:27 am

LM wrote:
Lily wrote:

We might get a little too excited and start cleaning more than our table. :haha:

How funny will that be?! We will be more busy cleaning up for our table, possibly other patrons' tables, than enjoying our meal. Who needs a waiter/waitress when we're there?! :Hahaha:

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 11:43 am

Hmm.....You might make some tip money out of the deal, too. grinsmiley

I'm careful to leave a neat table when I'm finished, too. I used to work as a waitress when I was a teen, and I remember how sloppy some of those tables could be when people were finished. :gross:
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Strange Things - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 11:45 am

Savannah wrote:
Hmm.....You might make some tip money out of the deal, too. grinsmiley

I'm careful to leave a neat table when I'm finished, too. I used to work as a waitress when I was a teen, and I remember how sloppy some of those Stables could be when people were finished. :gross:

Whistle Wave

Strange Things - Page 2 Jacobk10Strange Things - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 11:46 am

What on earth?? Jacob, what did you do??

You stinker! Leave my posts alone! Rob picks on me enough as it is! Frying pan I don't need fake typos thrown in for good measure!

Last edited by Savannah on Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange Things   Strange Things - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Strange Things
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next