Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th

Go down 
+2
Misti
Rob
6 posters
AuthorMessage

‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th Empty
PostSubject: ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th   ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 5:58 pm

Guiding Light

Cancelled

Has anyone else read about this?
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th   ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 11:02 pm

I hadn't heard about it, but wow, it's the end of an era. That show was on forever! My Mom used to watch it all the time back in the '80s.
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th Happy010

PostSubject: Re: ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th   ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 12:32 am

Yep, Susie, I read it online today and it really did break my heart and I'm ticked. I'm 42 now and I've been watching the show since I was 16 yrs. old; when Beth Raines came on the scene & Phillip Spaulding fell in love with her. I was glued to my tv when they were crowned prom king & queen & danced to "Truly" by Lionel Ritchie. I know that they are trying to negotiate a deal to have it as a cable series or online. I hope they do something with it. I can't lose my Guiding Light! Blue

‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th Hummer‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th MistiKeeper‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th Bookclub5‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th   ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 10:59 am

Oh...my...gosh!!! :faint2: I am in shock! Why??? I didn't realize the soaps were hurting right now! Or is it just this one? How sad---I'm sorry Susie & Misti! I don't watch it anymore, but I used to watch all the soaps since I was a kid until my late 20's. GL was my favorite. My mom still watches and even has my dad hooked now, LOL! They will be devastated!

I think the best years for GL were the late 80's through the mid-90's.

Phillip & Beth:

‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th Philbet1

Rick & Mindy:

‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th RickMindyL

Harley & Alan Michael (my favorite of the young ones)

‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th Ham01

And of course, the greatest power couple of all:

Reva & Josh:

‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th Reva-josh-sow

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th   ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 11:25 am

Hmm, that phillip & Beth pic showed up in my preview, but not on the board. I'll try another:

Ok, there's lots with the 'newer' Beth, but I always liked the original best:

‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th Phmin

I always liked Vincent Irrizary too (can't remember his character name!

‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th Irizarry-Evans-CBS-L

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th   ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 1:56 pm

My Grandma never missed this show. And I do mean *never*. If company was over, she would still watch! If grandkids were over....GL was still going to be watched. I swear, if her appendix would have burst - she'd have finished watching the show before going to the hospital. I never watched it, myself - but it's interesting that it started out as a radio show!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th   ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 3:55 pm

Savannah wrote:
My Grandma never missed this show. And I do mean *never*. If company was over, she would still watch! If grandkids were over....GL was still going to be watched. I swear, if her appendix would have burst - she'd have finished watching the show before going to the hospital.

ROTFL Sounds like my mom!!! LOLOL! She was over watching the daycare one time while I had a dentist appoitment, and she had her soaps on!!!! I said, "MOM!!! I don't allow the kids to watch SOAPS!!!" She was like, "Oh really? Why not?" OMG, I was mortified!! "Um, mom, have you SEEN some of the stuff they have on soaps?!" It's a tad different these days exposing kids to the soap storylines than it was back when we were little, you know? Needless to say we have a new understanding if she ever comes over to watch the kids again! LOL!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th   ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 3:59 pm

Many soaps are in trouble from what I understand. Actually, it's funny, when I read about Guiding Light, it said the show pre-dated TV and I was like, "Huh?" I guess it started out on radio.

It's too bad that it has come to that, but honestly, the writers expect viewers to believe such crap that it isn't any wonder soaps are hurting.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th   ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 5:21 pm

Amy wrote:
appoitment

And you have an appointment, missy... with the law.

‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th Bfife

Wink
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th   ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 6:20 pm

Amy, you have been slacking off with your proofreading the last couple of days.

‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th   ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 8:24 pm

Amy wrote:
Hmm, that phillip & Beth pic showed up in my preview, but not on the board. I'll try another:

Ok, there's lots with the 'newer' Beth, but I always liked the original best:

‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th Phmin

I always liked Vincent Irrizary too (can't remember his character name!

‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th Irizarry-Evans-CBS-L

Yep, Amy, to me I have never accepted the "new" Beth though she has been on for years. It will always be Judi Evans for me!

Vincent played Lujack. He is the son of Alexandra, I believe.

It's funny seeing this pic of Josh/Reva. These days he is single & Reva is married to Jeffery O'Neal and had their son, Colin, today!

‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th Hummer‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th MistiKeeper‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th Bookclub5‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th   ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 10:45 pm

Rob wrote:
Amy wrote:
appoitment

And you have an appointment, missy... with the law.

‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th Bfife

Wink

Teresa wrote:
Amy, you have been slacking off with your proofreading the last couple of days.

Please----please don't hurt me! I beg of you! I promise to do better!! :adore: Have mercy!!

Misti wrote:
Vincent played Lujack.

It's funny seeing this pic of Josh/Reva. These days he is single & Reva is married to Jeffery O'Neal and had their son, Colin, today!

Lujack---that's his name!‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th Accord02 I always liked him.

And WHAT?!?! Reva and Josh are no longer together?!?! Oh say it isn't so!!! OhMy I don't think I wanted to know that!!! bawling And wait, Reva had a BABY?!?! I'm sorry---how old is she now?!?! Did they adopt? :unsure:

I don't know how I'm going to fall asleep tonight. Reva and Josh are no longer a couple.‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th NonNon11‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th Triste20
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th   ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 12:44 am

Amy wrote:
And WHAT?!?! Reva and Josh are no longer together?!?! Oh say it isn't so!!! OhMy I don't think I wanted to know that!!! bawling And wait, Reva had a BABY?!?! I'm sorry---how old is she now?!?! Did they adopt? :unsure:
I don't know how I'm going to fall asleep tonight. Reva and Josh are no longer a couple.‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th NonNon11‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th Triste20

LOL! Typical soap. Josh & Reva have been divorced awhile. Heck, he's even had time to A. marry & divorce her sister, Cassie and B. become a minister & then leave the ministry!

He did finally decide he wanted her back but she was already engaged to Jeffery O'Neal, and they married. Josh then saw she was happy so he backed off.

Reva has been thru a couple bouts of cancer and then it was a surprise to everyone when she ended up pregnant. While she was, she took chemo, finished it up and then yesterday she was in the hospital in labor. I figured given enough time J & R would get back together....maybe since it will end they will tie up the loose ends & have them marry for the final time. She named the baby Colin after her cancer doctor. I'm not really sure how old she in in soap time...maybe early 50's?

Here's a place that has updates on it. It's a pretty good site:

soapcentral.com

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th   ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 8:34 am

LOL, thanks for the update Misti---that is TOO funny! Josh, a minister?!?! And he married Cassie?! Oh my goodness. That kind of makes my skin crawl, thinking about marrying my own brother-in-law! Ick.

I have to wonder how they'll tie things up there too....but if she's happy, and that's her current husband's baby, I'm not sure it would be a good idea to break up that family. I'm going to have to watch the final episode, even though my head will be spinning with confusion!‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th Yeux04

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th   ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 10:25 am

If you like confusion....that is only the tip of the iceberg! It is so funny all the stuff that happens on it. Oh, if you liked that, you will like this:

Way back when Buzz Cooper was married to Jenna. This was way after Nadine died. Well, they had a son together Henry Cooper "Coop" Bradshaw. Well, right before Coop was killed off they had him in an affair turned into love with him and Beth Raines....Yes, the very much older Beth Raines.

Well, Alan Spaulding (who Beth had previously been married to & had a baby, Payton, with.) Side note. Beth had also had an affair with Rick, got pregnant, married him and later divorced him when she found out the baby was Alan's and not Ricks! Soapy, huh??) found out about the affair & try to force Beth to marry him by her signing an agreement that if they didn't stay married he would get custody of their daughter, Payton). Well, Coop was racing in the wedding trying to stop it when he got a cell call from Alan, who taunted him, made him upset and he crashed. Right before his car burst into flames Phillip Spaulding, who had been gone since 2004, came on the scene & got him out of the car. He saved his life but Coop eventually died from complications. After Phillip got him to the hospital he burst into the church right before the vows of A & B. He stopped the wedding. Whew!!!

Oh, they recently did a reunion from 1984 and reunited the "4 Musketeers" bringing back the original Mindy.. Unfortunately they didn't have the "original" Beth! But it was fun to reminisce and Rick was hilarious!!!!

Hope I didn't confuse you.....oh, and they are bringing back Michelle Bauer Santos but played by a different actress.

Now the story I loved & the characters I miss are Jonathan Randall (Reva & Prince Richard's son) and Tammy Winslow (Cassie's daughter). If you want I can give you a rundown of them. The actor that played Jonathon reminded me of a young Keau Reeves. He is sooo cute! Let 's see if I can post a pic.

Jonathan:
‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th Jonath10

Tammy:
‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th Tammy10

Their wedding:
‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th Jon__t10

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th   ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 1:32 pm

Oh Misti---i'ts amazing that you kept that all straight!! :haha:

I would have liked that 4 musketeers reunion.....I loved Mindy and Rick together!!! But yeah, I never 'took' to the second "Beth" either. And I know she's been on it forever!!

I was over at my mom's house one time when Reva's son Jonathan was on. He has movie star looks and was REALLY good! I remember it was at a 'high point' of the storyline when I was watching it that day because my mom was paying like NO attention to me, LOL! But I was HOOKED just in that short time of watching him and Tammy together...he is a better actor than a lot of the young male soap stars out there. I think he's going places, and yeah---I see Keanu too!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th   ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 1:33 pm

Wow. Back in the '80s, when VCRs were new, my Mom would tape Guiding Light and watch it at night. I started watching too, and got hooked for a few years. I remember Phillip and Beth, and Kelly and Morgan. Nola Reardon and her brother Tony. The Chamberlains. Ross and Carrie Marler.

Sheesh... I can't remember what I had for dinner last night, but I remember all these characters from 25 years ago. Huh?
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th   ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 1:35 pm

Rob!! LOL! Yes, the Reardon family---gosh, I felt like I was part of it sometimes! grinsmiley Oh, all those names...yep, those were the glory days of GL, I'd say! Thumbsup

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th   ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 1:49 pm

Who was the character that Michael Tylo played? He turned out to be Henry Chamberlain's son... :think:
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th   ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 2:22 pm

Wasn't his name "Quentin"? Sounds right...I seem to recall him wearing those Hugh Hefner sport coats and scarves around his neck, LOL! He probably smoked a pipe too! grinsmiley

Wasn't Alexandra funny...that whole family was always so 'stately' and refined. batEyes

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th   ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 3:17 pm

Quint McCord! That's it! And after he found out Henry was his father, he became Quentin Chamberlain.

Look what I found (it won't let me post the video, but here's the link):

Nola, Quint, Tony, Mrs. Renfield, 1982
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th   ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 3:41 pm

Oh my gosh, the music in the beginning! ROTFL And wow, Mrs. Renfield---gosh, what a severe woman she was! LOLOL! I liked the touch of the Cannon in D though. Thanks for posting that Rob!

My friend and I were just talking about the show...she was a CBS soap girl too in high school and you know, ALL of our friends were General Hospital fans! Maybe I'm biased because I'm a CBS person, but As the World Turns and Guiding Light seemed less 'fake' IMO, than some of the other soaps out there. Some of the characters/actors seemed very 'natural' IMO. Young and the Restless was more 'dramatic' I would say, and Bold and the Beautiful (very fake), but ATWT and GL had a totally different 'feel' to them.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th   ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 4:22 pm

Rob wrote:
Wow. Back in the '80s, when VCRs were new, my Mom would tape Guiding Light and watch it at night. I started watching too, and got hooked for a few years. I remember Phillip and Beth, and Kelly and Morgan. Nola Reardon and her brother Tony. The Chamberlains. Ross and Carrie Marler.

Sheesh... I can't remember what I had for dinner last night, but I remember all these characters from 25 years ago. Huh?

Yep, I remember each & everyone of them, Rob! Kelly & Morgan used to go to Laurel Falls all the time. And with Nola & Quint; they got married & then took off, literally, in a hot air balloon! grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th   ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 4:25 pm

Amy wrote:
Oh Misti---i'ts amazing that you kept that all straight!! :haha:

I would have liked that 4 musketeers reunion.....I loved Mindy and Rick together!!! But yeah, I never 'took' to the second "Beth" either. And I know she's been on it forever!!

I was over at my mom's house one time when Reva's son Jonathan was on. He has movie star looks and was REALLY good! I remember it was at a 'high point' of the storyline when I was watching it that day because my mom was paying like NO attention to me, LOL! But I was HOOKED just in that short time of watching him and Tammy together...he is a better actor than a lot of the young male soap stars out there. I think he's going places, and yeah---I see Keanu too!

Yes, when they were on, that was first rate acting and Tom was AMAZING!! His high quality of acting was consistant & his scenes at Tammy's death was heartrenching. I am just hoping that since the show is cancelled, they will bring his character back & tie up loose ends as far as Jonathan, Sarah & Lizzie. I even wish they'd do a "back from the dead" and bring Tammy back! grinsmiley

You could probably go to YouTube & do a search on GL Jonathan & Tammy and I'll bet they'd have some scenes!

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th   ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 6:29 pm

Oh, she died?! Gosh, I really should just keep my head in the sand about this stuff. They look so happy in their wedding pictures! bawling

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th   ‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th Empty

Back to top Go down

‘Guiding Light’ Cancelled - Final Episode Sept. 18th
Page 1 of 1