Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Please Pray for Tim

Go down 
+16
carolineingalls
Amy
Alice
Lori
Gin
Lily
JW
Teresa
bethandmanly
Kathleen Marie
Carol
Savannah
Rob
Misti
Rhonda
pamh36
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 Happy010

Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 9:06 am

Oh, praise the Lord! What wonderful news, Pam! It's such a good sign that there were no visible signs of cancer - AND that the doctor is so positive about a cure for Tim! Cheer I'll be praying that Tim isn't in a lot of pain today. Take care of yourself, too.....I know how exhausting hospitals are!

Love,
Savannah
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 11:40 am

Great news, Pam!! Thanks for letting us know. yesss

We'll keep praying and sending good thoughts your way.
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 3:43 pm

That is great that the surgery went well.

Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 3:49 pm

So glad the surgery went well and that the doctor is so optimistic! You must be overjoyed! I will continue to pray for Tim!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 4:59 pm

Tim is continuing to do well today. They are keeping him in intensive care for an extra day because his hemoglobin levels were dropping, not to to a dangerous level, but to where they wanted to keep a close eye on him. But, we found out the levels are going back up, so that is good news. He's been up walking today and up sitting in a chair. He continues to be very positive. He's tired, of course, it's never quiet in a hospital as it is, and in intensive care it is just that much more active. He can see and hear everything that's going on since you are practically right in the middle of everything in ICU. But, hopefully, tomorrow he'll be in a regular room.

We are very appreciative of all the thoughts and prayers. On the day before surgery, the pastor of our church came over to pray with us and to give communion. That gave us some peace and comfort too. Also, the surgeon prayed with Tim before surgery. I know he is in very good hands.

Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 6:28 pm

pamh36 wrote:
The surgery went well! The dr. mentioned that although the endoscopic procedure showed cancer in the lymph nodes, he didn't see any visible signs of cancer in the lymph nodes through the naked eye. He also said the tumor did shrink, which shows the chemo and radiation where effective in attacking the cancer, and he removed the tumor. He felt the liver and looked at it and he said everything seems fine there. They did take some biopsies of the surrounding areas, and we should have the results from those in a few days. He says he is very positive about a cure for Tim, and that was all I needed to hear. Tim, of course, was pretty out of it yesterday. But, he was in good spirits and was joking around and picking on the medical staff. So, he was himself! Laughing I'm going to see him in a short while. I know sometimes the second day can be a little tougher just because it seems like you can feel everything more! Thanks for all of the thoughts and prayers!!

PRAISE THE LORD!!! So glad things went well!!!! dancegirl

Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 Rhonda10Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 7:27 pm

Great news Pam!
*Carol is doing the happy dance* Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 Stpatdancer

Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 Horses10
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 10:07 pm

He's still waiting for his colon to start working again so he can at least start a clear liquid diet. Poor guy has been going on IV fluids and water swabs since Friday. He said he was hallucinating earlier that he was eating a slice of pizza!! I'm sure a bowl full of jell-o will taste as good to him as the best cut of filet mignon once he can have something. Otherwise, he is continuing to do well. He's very motivated and tries to do as much for himself as he can, without overdoing of course! I believe once he is able to start taking in food and he tolerates it well, he'll be able to come home. It'll be great to have him home again!

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 12:02 am

pamh36 wrote:
He's still waiting for his colon to start working again so he can at least start a clear liquid diet. Poor guy has been going on IV fluids and water swabs since Friday. He said he was hallucinating earlier that he was eating a slice of pizza!!

I'll be praying about that! Even hospital food will taste good to him after so long on IV fluids! And I'm praying that he gets to go home SOON.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 12:16 pm

Thank you for the update, Pam. I was thinking about Tim last Friday, hoping everything went well. That's wonderful news from the doctor! I will continue to keep Tim in my prayers. Let us know when you hear anything further.

Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 6:58 pm

Tim came home from the hospital this afternoon and is doing very well!! The pathology report came back yesterday and was very encouraging. It looks like they got all the cancer, and the tumor did shrink, and only 1 out of three lymph nodes that had cancer before, only showed cancer. They removed 21 lymph nodes all together. They are still going to do chemo just in case there is the possibility that the cancer jumped from the lymph nodes, to lymph nodes in another part of his body. I guess the chance of that even happening is very small. The dr. told him he is 99.9% sure of a cure for Tim. Great news!!

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 7:01 pm

This is such wonderful news, Pam! Wow, I'm so happy for you guys!

:woohooo: Bliss yesss
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 9:24 pm

How WONDERFUL Pam!!! Even tho the worst is over, keep Tim positive and eating well to stay healthy and strong....... Applause

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 9:34 pm

Pam!! What wonderful news!! Cheer Thank you for the update!
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 3:43 am

That's great news, Pam!

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 3:50 pm

That's such wonderful news, Pam!!

Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 11:47 pm

That is Great Pam

Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 Jacobk10Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 10:13 am

That is really great news, Pam!

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 11:37 am

Awesome news! I am so happy for all of you!

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 7:54 pm

Tim is starting his last round of chemo on Monday. It'll be different than the first round of chemo because the first time he had a pump that he was able to wear at home Monday - Friday, for 6 weeks straight. This time, he'll go every other Monday and Tuesday for 4 1/2 hours for chemotherapy treatment, for about 2 months. I'm hoping the second round goes as smoothly as the first round did, but I know it's different every time. He is supposed to start back at work on Monday, all of his doctors have given him permission to go back, but he hasn't heard back from work yet about whether or not he'll be able to come back then. So, he's waiting on pins and needles.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 9:52 pm

Prayers for Tim and for you and your family as you go thru this all...... Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 125245

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 9:59 pm

I'm praying, too, Pam. {{{Hugs}}} And I'll be especially praying that his work gets in touch with him with positive news soon!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 10:37 pm

Prayers from me, too, Pam.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 10:58 pm

We're keeping all of you in our thoughts and prayers.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 9:01 am

I'll be praying for him.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Please Pray for Tim
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next