Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Maureen's Marathons

Go down 
+13
Lori
flatbroke
EllieJane
Amy
Vanesa
pamh36
Lily
bethandmanly
Rob
Savannah
Rhonda
ChristinaAL
carolineingalls
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 Love-s10

Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 4:17 pm

Good for you Maureen! I am sure you are doing great! Let us know how it went when you can---it sounds like you're running for a wonderful cause! yes
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 8:25 pm

I'm late to the game, but my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 3:42 am

Well I got there in the end!!! Like I said, I didn't break any records. In fact it's my slowest yet and for the first time I had to walk a good part of it. For the first time also I felt like quitting several times but kept thinking about the soldier with the prosthetic limbs and the charity I was running/walking for.

I'm in agony from the waist down but at least it's only temporary. How many people out there with terminal illness are in pain every moment of every day?

Thanks again for all your support and good wishes.

Love you all! grouphug

Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 6:35 am

Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 410460 Bless your heart, Maureen! Good for you for toughing it out! I know that couldn't have been easy. I hope that your pain eases soon. I think it's wonderful that you kept on, and finished the marathon! Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 39447
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 8:39 am

Good job, Maureen!

Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 8:55 am

That's great you were able to stick it out to the end. It doesn't matter what your time was, the important thing is that you were out there fighting for a good cause. I think it's wonderful! I hope your pain eases up very soon.

Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 10:08 am

Congratulations on finishing Maureen! happy1 No matter that it wasn't your fastest! You supported a great cause! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 2:53 pm

Congratulations Maureen. You're a real trooper.

Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

PostSubject: Marathon No 6!   Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 10:46 am

Hi everyone. Just wanted to let you know I completed my 5th Belfast Marathon on Monday (New York makes it 6!). It was tough going as we had a hot sunny day but my running partner Choi and I kept each other going when one or other of us was flagging. We stayed together this year and crossed the finish line hand-in-hand. She was dressed as Minnie Mouse and the reaction she got the whole way round the course was amazing, especially from the younger children. This year my chosen charity was Women's Aid and as many of you will know, it's a charity which has been close to my heart and my good friend Karen Grassle's for quite a long time. My work-mates and gym buddies have all been very generous in their support and although I'm not yet sure what the final total raised is, I know it's quite substantial.

The aching legs and body return to work tomorrow night. No That shou;d be fun! Not! Yikes

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 10:49 am

Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 46567 Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 39447 Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 928330 Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 368505

Maureen, you are an inspiration! Good for you!! Congratulations on your SIXTH marathon, and on raising money for a wonderful cause! Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 570976
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 11:05 am

Thumbsup That's a good thing you are doing.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 12:28 pm

Congratulations, Maureen! You really are an inspiration! Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 46567
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 12:32 pm

Maureen, you rock!!! yesss Congratulations.....GOOD FOR YOU!!!! Applause
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 6:20 pm

Congratulations! yesss Applause wootwoot

Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 11:46 pm

Go on, Maureen! You are a dear and an example for all of us! Thumbsup Smiley Hug

Vanesa.

Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Joe
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Joe

Number of posts : 875
Mood : Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 Innoce10

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 2:12 am

I'm sitting in a rather comfortable chair but you make MY legs ache after reading that. Well done and good luck in New York. Now go and get a well deserved massage!!

"Willie, were you or were you not looking at the corsett ads in the catalogue?" - Nels

Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 Pbucket
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:30 am

Cheer

Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:49 am

Thanks everyone. You're all so kind and each of you an inspiration in your own way. Smile

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 5:46 pm

Wow! Congratulations Maureen. That's wonderful. You're amazing.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Maureen's Marathons
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: Walnut Grove Community :: Doc Baker’s Health, Diet & Fitness Consultation-
Jump to: