Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LHOTP the Musical article

Go down 
+12
Amy
Carol
carolineingalls
Savannah
Teresa
Gin
Lori
Brian
Rob
bethandmanly
Rhonda
Misti
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 Happy010

LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 4:16 pm

Rob wrote:
Rhonda wrote:
OK.......Melissa looks like she had botoxed her lips.....much fuller than I remember........... LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 Kopfschuettel

At least she hasn't had anything else done.

Well, Melissa has nice full lips, and I'm gonna let you finish looking at them... but Angelina has one of the best full lips of all time... of all time. LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 Love_dancelipw3

LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 6:16 pm

Well....she has had other things done. But you need to get her book to read about that. LOL
She might have done something to her lips, but honestly the stage makeup is on in layers so it might just be that. She looks great whatever it is!!
I am hoping to find out when I can purchase my tickets by December. She comes to Houston in April '10. Can not wait.

Amy, you lucky duck! If I were on the front row I would be making a scene!
Rhonda, Hope your are still able to go. That will be a ton of fun!!

LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 7:08 pm

Gin wrote:
Well....she has had other things done.

LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 120962 LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 120962
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 12:04 pm

Gin wrote:
Amy, you lucky duck! If I were on the front row I would be making a scene!

Which is exactly why I haven't invited you along, my friend. batEyes grinsmiley

Rob wrote:
Gin wrote:
Well....she has had other things done.

LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 120962 LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 120962

Oh, indeed...Rob is well aware of a couple of things she's had done. Whistle Laughing

Here's a new article on the musical. What a beautiful shot of Melissa in it too!

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/goddess/melissa-gilbert-from-prairie-to-stage/283
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 1:46 pm

I noticed an article online yesterday, and the headline was "LITTLE HOUSE STAR GROWS UP!" LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 A_huh I thought that had to be one of the stupidest headlines I've seen in a long time. Hello? She's like 45 years old. It's old news that she grew up. LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 687159
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 3:30 pm

You should've used that headline for a Hangman puzzle. LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 674576
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 12:21 am

LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 687159 You have the best ideas!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 11:34 am

Tonight is the night! My friend and I are heading to Detroit's Fox Theater for the Little House musical!!! This is a dream come true for me...I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that I'm going to be seeing Melissa Gilbert in person!! thud It would be SO cool if there was a meet and greet afterward...I can't even imagine! It's probably best if there isn't...I'd probably look like this: Ooops

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 1:54 pm

Wow, how exciting!!! Bliss
Take lots of pictures!

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 2:08 pm

*squeal!!* I'm so excited for you, Amy!! LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 303544 I can't wait to hear all about it!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 3:11 pm

Me, too!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 3:18 pm

Have a wonderful time!! You'll love the show! Especially when you first see Melissa walk out on the stage. It about took my breath away.

LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 8:48 am

Have a great time! I can't wait to hear about it.

LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 1:21 pm

Well, guys, I can't even express to you how much I want each and every one of you to be able to see this musical. It was wonderful!! Admittedly, I LOVE musicals, but I have seen my share of not so great ones. This one was great! I was blown away. I like musicals where I recognize the music, but of course this one was all new. I was shocked at how fantastic this all was, and how 'catchy' the tunes were! The CAST was phenomenal...the woman they cast to play Laura was amAzing. And Mary was great too! (I am guessing they were around 20, and played the characters younger and older). Oh, and NELLIE!! She was my favorite! Also, I didn't realize that Melissa's son Michael was in it! He played Willie! How NEAT it is that she has not had to go on the road without her son! There is one part where their characters get to talk to each other, in the background. It was cute to see. She must be so thrilled to watch him perform every night, and what a memory Michael will have someday!!

Teresa, were you as shocked as I was at how drop dead FUNNY this was?! My friend and I were, I kid you not, belly laughing at certain scenes! The way Laura delivered her lines, in this sarcastic tone, was hilarious! Nellie too! The writing of this musical is just fantastic---I was SO pleasantly surprised!! AND it was fast- paced, I was never bored. Not ONCE. It was the perfect balance of humor and drama, in my opinion. Thumbsup

This was seriously a dream come true for me....I'm still coming down from my 'high' of last night. Seeing the musical based off my favorite show was one thing...seeing the person I've idolized since I was 4 or 5 years old is a whole other thing. It was surreal...I was completely star-struck for the first half. My mouth was gaping open I think for the first 15 minutes Melissa was on stage, LOL! And we had front row seats, so at some points, she wasn't more than 20 feet away from me and I had a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that THAT was HALF PINT! thud I know this is going to sound silly, but I figure most of you will 'get it' because you're as big a fans as I am. But there were moments I just had this lump in my throat I couldn't swallow, and was so teary eyed! cryB She did a GREAT job, and her singing was good too! There was one song she sang with so much emotion, to Laura, and it was beautiful. At the end, Melissa was the last to leave the stage...her face was filled with so much JOY, I cannot express it. It was evident that she just eats this up, and the tour is not getting old for her. I had tears and literally couldn't speak for awhile after seeing her lift her hands in the air to the curtain and skip off the stage. On top of all this, I was sitting with my best friend, in the most beautiful theater I have EVER seen in my life. Seriously...it was a memory I will NEVER forget, and the perfect way to celebrate my upcoming 40th birthday. Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 1:54 pm

LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 6472 LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 303544 Amy, I'm thrilled for you beyond words. I've been anxiously waiting to hear how it went for her, and I couldn't be happier that it was such an amazing experience for you! Thank you for sharing it with us! LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 410460
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 1:56 pm

Oh wow Amy Love Cloud 9
I really wish I could see this. I'm another Melissa fan. I am happy that you had such an amazing time. I hope you took some pictures, I'd love to see them! :)

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 2:06 pm

Amy, I am so thrilled that you had a wonderful time. LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 773783

My oldest son, BJ, text messaged me a picture of something that I could not make out. I texted him back saying it was too small and he called and said it was Little House on the Prairie Musical coming to Arkansas in January. I said cool, and that a friend at church was taking me as a late birthday present. He said, "DARN!" I said, "What?" and he repeated, "DARN!" I asked what he meant by that and he said, "That was going to be your Christmas present from me." I said, "Hey! I'll go twice!!!" So....I KNOW I will be seeing this in January from BJ, and then possibly a second time..... LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 22849

LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 Rhonda10LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 2:12 pm

Cool Rhonda!!! yesss

And... wootwoot

LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 Poster-sacramento

Looks like I'll be making a trip to Sacramento in the Spring! Bliss

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 2:52 pm

Thanks Savannah, Carol, and Rhonda! Your Cloud 9 smiley pretty much sums it up for me Carol! Thumbsup

Rhonda, if money was not an object right now (and time---it's a 2 hour drive), I would go RIGHT back there tonight for the final show, with my mom. I know she would love it!! As we were leaving the theater I told my friend how I wanted to sit through the whole thing all over again! You will WANT to see it twice, trust me!! I can't wait for you to see it, and to hear what you think! This is one thing I know I'm not 'over-talking'!! My mom isn't even a Little House fan an I know SHE would love it!

And BJ is SOOOOO sweet to do that for you!! loveheart

And Carol, that's GREAT that they're coming your way too! It will be worth the trip! Thumbsup

OH, and Carol...I have NO pictures. Blue They don't allow cameras or any recording devices in the theater. This is a really 'elite' theater in Detroit...I was SO bummed, but I kind of figured that's what the policy was. My friend called ahead of time to see if they had a 'meet and greet' too, but they didn't. Now THAT would have been the icing on the cake. yes

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 3:23 pm

YAY!!!!!!!! I'm glad you loved it as much as I did, Amy! And yes, Nellie totally cracked me up, as well as Laura's sarcastic tone. The only con for me was that Melissa's son did not join the cast until later on, when they expanded the tour. When it was first here last year in Minneapolis, Willie was not a character in the musical. It would be fun to see her son in that role.

I also was teary eyed in many of the scenes, just because I was so happy to be there. When Melissa first walked out onto the stage, I remember getting a big lump in my throat and tears in my eyes.

I was out running errands earlier and you hadn't posted about your experience yet. I just got home and thought, "Amy better have posted by now, or else!" LOL!!

LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 3:56 pm

LOL Teresa! I'm here, I'm here! grinsmiley

Oh, bummer that her son wasn't in it! I think he only had like 2 lines or SLT, but he did a lot of dancing and singing and was in a lot of scenes. Willie really wasn't a big 'part' of the show. I was surprised they didn't include Harriet in the show, but I suppose Nellie had enough antics throughout for the both of them! HeeHee

I checked and Kara (Laura's) age is 24! Wow. She has excellent comedic timing, that's for sure. Here is a nice article:

http://www.newjerseynewsroom.com/movies/kara-lindsay-melissa-gilbert-star-in-little-house-on-the-prairie-at-the-paper-mill-playhouse

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 4:07 pm

Here is a picture of Melissa's son in the show...I think he's 13 years old now. He looks like Bruce I think!

LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 Tn-500_(26)

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 5:08 pm

Sounds great, Amy!! I'm glad you had such a good time!
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 7:12 pm

Hey Carol, it's a pity the show isn't coming to California in August. Then I could join you while I'm on vacation. Blue

Amy I'm SO pleased you has such a wonderful evening. And front row seats too! Wow! It's certainly a night you'll always remember and I know what you mean about the lump in your throat. I think we all do.

LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 7:16 pm

I won tickets at the LHOP reunion in Keystone in Sept and I'm looking forward to seeing the show on Jan 29th, hopefully. I'm still waiting to hear from the lady who is sending the tickets. I can't wait. Your review has gotten me even more excited!!!

LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 MarilynKeeper LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

LHOTP the Musical article
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next