Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LHOTP the Musical article

Go down 
+12
Amy
Carol
carolineingalls
Savannah
Teresa
Gin
Lori
Brian
Rob
bethandmanly
Rhonda
Misti
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 11:53 pm

I'm so glad you had a great time, Amy. It sounds like a great musical.

LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 12:20 am

Thank you Rob, Maureen, Marilyn and Lori! Smile

Marilyn, I had forgotten about your free tickets---I remember you mentioning that now that I think about it! I am so excited for you!! And I hope my review didn't spoil anything for you or anyone else...I got pretty excited 'talking' about it and rambled on quite a bit! Ooops I'll be looking forward to your review! Thumbsup Your big day will be here before you know it---I ordered mine in September and I can't even believe December 2nd has come and gone! OhMy

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 9:31 am

It makes you want to drag people in to see it that have made fun of you for liking this show . Wouldn't it be funny to see people taped to seats, made to watch then see them fall in love with Laura by the end of the show???? I think of one boy in 2nd grade that asked me every Tuesday at school: "Hey, Ginger Did you watch "Half-quart" last night???" One Tuesday I was very naughty and tripped him as he was going to the pencil sharpener. (I think about how dangerous that was ...now.) He looked at me in shock....I just gave him my "nasty Nellie" look.
I can't wait to go.....guess I'll have to wait til about April, but you've given me something to wish for now even more.

LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart

Last edited by Gin on Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 10:11 am

LOL! I like the "inner Nellie" in you, Gin!!

LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 10:58 am

LOL, inner Nellie is right! OhMy Gin, you naughty thing you! I would never even think of doing something like that to a fellow human being! Whistle HeeHee

And YES, I DO feel like I want to drag the 'non-believers' to this musical! It IS funny---my friend and I have both been 'hush hush' about seeing "Little House the musical", LOL...silly I know but there IS that 'stigma'....like, you went to see WHAT?! scratchead Laughing

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 5:09 pm

I'm SO over it! When I found these websites, I totally came out of the closet! I recently had someone ask me what I like to watch and I told him LH. The guys head actually bobbed. He said..."hmmm Little House On THE PRAIRIE?" (Like there's some other kind!)
I said "Yes, like ya know.....Melissa Gilbert running down the hill.....YA that ONE."
He knodded, then grinned. At that my horns came out. mad
"Why?!" I asked. He quickly dropped the grin, and said " Ya, Little House. Good WHOLESOME show." I then kicked his shin. He walks circles around me now. Thumbsup

Let people have their "Friends" . I'll pick Little House anyday. Morningcoffee

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 8:06 pm

Oh dear Gin....you are TOO cute!! laugh3

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 4:19 pm

January 7 @ 7:00pm......My friend has ordered the tickets and we're ready to go!!! LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 303544 LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 22849

LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 Rhonda10LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 6:18 pm

Have a great time!

LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 6:27 pm

Rhonda wrote:
January 7 @ 7:00pm......My friend has ordered the tickets and we're ready to go!!! LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 303544 LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 22849

Cool Rhonda! Cheer

LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 Horses10
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 7:14 pm

I've ordered my tickets too. I won them in Sept at the reunion. I needed an extra ticket and asked my contact if I could buy an extra and she said that they would provice it as part of my winning. I will be going on Jan 29th, can't wait.

LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 MarilynKeeper LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 5:27 pm

LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 133498Heading out to meet my friend......LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 39447 We are going to go eat dinner, then head to the musical........LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 303544

LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 Rhonda10LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 Lauram10
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 5:28 pm

Have a wonderful time, Rhonda!! You're going to LOVE it!!!!

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 7:37 pm

I'm giddy just thinking about you being there!! I can't wait to hear if you love as much as Teresa & I did!! ENJOY!!! dancegirl

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 7:44 pm

Have fun Rhonda. I can't wait til the 29th!!

LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 MarilynKeeper LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 2:03 am

IT WAS WONDERFUL!!! LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 22849 More to come later....it is past midnight and I am worn out.......

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 11:26 am

yesss

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 2:55 pm

Amy wrote:
Well, guys, I can't even express to you how much I want each and every one of you to be able to see this musical. It was wonderful!! Admittedly, I LOVE musicals, but I have seen my share of not so great ones. This one was great! I was blown away. I like musicals where I recognize the music, but of course this one was all new. I was shocked at how fantastic this all was, and how 'catchy' the tunes were! The CAST was phenomenal...the woman they cast to play Laura was amAzing. And Mary was great too! (I am guessing they were around 20, and played the characters younger and older). Oh, and NELLIE!! She was my favorite! Also, I didn't realize that Melissa's son Michael was in it! He played Willie! How NEAT it is that she has not had to go on the road without her son! There is one part where their characters get to talk to each other, in the background. It was cute to see. She must be so thrilled to watch him perform every night, and what a memory Michael will have someday!!

Teresa, were you as shocked as I was at how drop dead FUNNY this was?! My friend and I were, I kid you not, belly laughing at certain scenes! The way Laura delivered her lines, in this sarcastic tone, was hilarious! Nellie too! The writing of this musical is just fantastic---I was SO pleasantly surprised!! AND it was fast- paced, I was never bored. Not ONCE. It was the perfect balance of humor and drama, in my opinion. Thumbsup

This was seriously a dream come true for me....I'm still coming down from my 'high' of last night. Seeing the musical based off my favorite show was one thing...seeing the person I've idolized since I was 4 or 5 years old is a whole other thing. It was surreal...I was completely star-struck for the first half. My mouth was gaping open I think for the first 15 minutes Melissa was on stage, LOL! And we had front row seats, so at some points, she wasn't more than 20 feet away from me and I had a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that THAT was HALF PINT! thud I know this is going to sound silly, but I figure most of you will 'get it' because you're as big a fans as I am. But there were moments I just had this lump in my throat I couldn't swallow, and was so teary eyed! cryB She did a GREAT job, and her singing was good too! There was one song she sang with so much emotion, to Laura, and it was beautiful. At the end, Melissa was the last to leave the stage...her face was filled with so much JOY, I cannot express it. It was evident that she just eats this up, and the tour is not getting old for her. I had tears and literally couldn't speak for awhile after seeing her lift her hands in the air to the curtain and skip off the stage. On top of all this, I was sitting with my best friend, in the most beautiful theater I have EVER seen in my life. Seriously...it was a memory I will NEVER forget, and the perfect way to celebrate my upcoming 40th birthday. Thumbsup

Amy, you did such a wonderful review of the play, I have to ditto it....Seeing Melissa was fantastic and she did a wondeful job as Ma. I often wondered throughout the show how much of Karen Grassle's character she used for her own. I loved the casting of the girls, altho I did miss that Grace didn't appear until Ma was telling Pa towards the time Laura and Almanzo were getting married....she had her hand on her belly and Pa touched her belly as well.....I knew what that meant. lol Nellie was GREAT!!! Her and Laura were wonderful in playing off of each other, and this made me wonder how much coaching Melissa gave to "Laura" as to how to play the part.

You talked about how MG was the only one left on stage at the end.....she did this as well.....and I do not know if it was my imagination or what, but as she was standing there, soaking it all in, she stretched her arms upwards, looking upwards as well, brought her hands to her mouth, gave a kiss and then hands went upwards again.....my thoughts on this.....I think she was thanking Michael Landon for giving her the opportunity to play Laura while she was growing up and helping her to be the actress she is......it was emotional to watch her do that....

Now, I get to see it tomorrow at 2:00pm, and catch all the things I missed out on last night.... LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 46567

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 3:53 pm

I'm glad that you loved the show, Rhonda!! Have fun seeing it again tomorrow. Lucky you!

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 9:59 pm

Rhonda wrote:
You talked about how MG was the only one left on stage at the end.....she did this as well.....and I do not know if it was my imagination or what, but as she was standing there, soaking it all in, she stretched her arms upwards, looking upwards as well, brought her hands to her mouth, gave a kiss and then hands went upwards again.....my thoughts on this.....I think she was thanking Michael Landon for giving her the opportunity to play Laura while she was growing up and helping her to be the actress she is......it was emotional to watch her do that

Oh Rhonda, I love this!!! YES, that is exactly what she did, and I have to agree after reading what you wrote, that this was her way of giving Michael Landon a special tribute. That is just beautiful. It WAS so emotional---I got really choked up at that point (LOL, among others! bawling ).

I am overjoyed that this was as great an experience for you as it was for me! And I am SOOOOO jealous that you're seeing it again tomorrow!! greenS (That's me, green with envy Wink ). ENJOY it!! Again! Applause

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 11:15 pm

I'm SO happy for you, Rhonda!! LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 303544
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 8:55 pm

It was even great the second time around.....and even BJ liked it!!! The part of Laura was played by one of the understudies, and you really couldn't tell any difference...they are ALL wonderful actors!!! LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 22849

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 4:53 pm

Man, at this I'll probably go IN there crying and will just pass right out when its over. I've gotten so many little clips from you guys I will be a big baby when I see it.

Wonder what they would do if I went in with a prairie dress, bonnet and told them I'd been saving my egg money for months to see this. I doubt anyone would sit by me!!!
Hurry up APRIL!!

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 6:38 pm

You'd fit right in Gin....There were SO many people dressed in prairie clothes, especially the little girls.....they were so cute.....so you would blend in and no one would know the difference.... LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 440956

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:26 am

Rhonda wrote:
It was even great the second time around.....and even BJ liked it!!! The part of Laura was played by one of the understudies, and you really couldn't tell any difference...they are ALL wonderful actors!!! LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 22849

So glad BJ even liked it! Thumbsup And neat that you got to see an understudy---amazing that they have TWO great Laura's!

Rhonda wrote:
You'd fit right in Gin....There were SO many people dressed in prairie clothes, especially the little girls.....they were so cute.....so you would blend in and no one would know the difference.... LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 440956

Would you believe I saw NO little girls dressed in prairie clothes?! OhMy I can't understand that! If I had a little girl, you can bet she would have been dressed prairie style! Wink

Marilyn, you're right around the corner now! Applause

Gin, I hope April comes quickly for you!!!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

LHOTP the Musical article
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next