Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Portrait of Love

Go down 
+3
bethandmanly
Krissy
Harrietfan
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Portrait of Love Empty
PostSubject: Portrait of Love   Portrait of Love EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 11:59 pm

I never did like dark, forbidding pictures that remind me of a Russian novel.
Back to top Go down
Harrietfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Harrietfan

Number of posts : 133

Portrait of Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portrait of Love   Portrait of Love EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 5:18 pm

I want to see this episode. It sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Portrait of Love Headac10

Portrait of Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portrait of Love   Portrait of Love EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 11:10 pm

a blind person has talent for painting.Her work gets publicized.Her biological mother returns.

This is a good one.You dhould watch it.It's a good esp in forgiving.Letting go of the past.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Portrait of Love Bokmal10

Portrait of Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portrait of Love   Portrait of Love EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 1:38 pm

I liked it too. It was great to see their reunion and for Annie to finally understand why her mother did what she did.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Portrait of Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portrait of Love   Portrait of Love EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 3:47 pm

Very true.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227
Mood : Portrait of Love Goodsi10

Portrait of Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portrait of Love   Portrait of Love EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 11:05 pm

Gosh....I don't remember this one

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Portrait of Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portrait of Love   Portrait of Love EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 4:14 pm

I don't think this one is played to often on T.V

Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Portrait of Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portrait of Love   Portrait of Love EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 10:13 pm

I really liked this episode.......it was very sad and she harbored many bad memories of her mother, but it all ended up good in the end.

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Portrait of Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portrait of Love   Portrait of Love EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 10:14 pm

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
I don't think this one is played to often on T.V

This one was on yesterday here in MA

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Portrait of Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portrait of Love   Portrait of Love EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 10:44 pm

nice

Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

Portrait of Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portrait of Love   Portrait of Love EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 9:20 pm

When I first saw this, I thought, the writers seemed to have an obsession with blindness, but I did like it. I wish they had mentioned Annie and her paintings again, but it was nice to see Caroline and others take on a larger role. It would have been nice to see the painting hanging somewhere in later episodes.
Since Annie wasn't blind from birth, it was believable she could paint from memories and the relationship with her biological mother and adopted mother were realistic.
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : Portrait of Love Bokmal10

Portrait of Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portrait of Love   Portrait of Love EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 11:01 pm

This is other good episode. About forgiveness. I don't remember anything, when I was 2. My memory start, when I was 3. I guess, each kid is different. When they could start remembering from when they're were a child.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 540

Portrait of Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portrait of Love   Portrait of Love EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 12:50 pm

Although I tend to prefer episodes featuring the main characters of the show, I quite liked this one and was very touched at the end when Marge and Annie embraced. However, I would kind of like a show about forgiveness when the one forgiven doesn't really deserve forgiveness. What if Marge had just decided she wanted to live her own life and left Annie there on the steps because she did feel that Annie was a burden to her? Could Annie forgive her then? It seemed like the reason Annie forgave Marge was because Annie realized Marge was blind.

I also think there is an inconsistency in the episode. Supposedly Annie was left on the steps of the Winoka blind school when Annie was two.....but I believe that Adam was the one sent to Winoka to open up a new blind school a season or two ago, so was there another blind school there before Adam went? I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 540

Portrait of Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portrait of Love   Portrait of Love EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 12:52 pm

Buttercup wrote:
This is other good episode. About forgiveness. I don't remember anything, when I was 2. My memory start, when I was 3. I guess, each kid is different. When they could start remembering from when they're were a child.
I don't know if many kids would remember stuff from when they are 2, but perhaps because this was so traumatic for Annie and the last time she ever saw her biological mother, that was why she remembered it. Also, maybe she didn't even completely remember what really happened, but perhaps she was told that she was left on the steps when she was 2 and maybe she made up some of the memory in her mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Portrait of Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portrait of Love   Portrait of Love Empty

Back to top Go down

Portrait of Love
Page 1 of 1