Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

John Hughes Dies

Go down 
+3
Misti
Rhonda
Rob
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : John Hughes Dies Goodsi10

John Hughes Dies Empty
PostSubject: John Hughes Dies   John Hughes Dies EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 6:52 pm

Writer/producer/director John Hughes has died of a heart attack. A native of Lansing, Mich., Hughes was responsible for such '80s classics as Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink, The Breakfast Club, Home Alone, National Lampoon's Vacation, and Ferris Bueller's Day Off. He was 59.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : John Hughes Dies Purple2

John Hughes Dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Hughes Dies   John Hughes Dies EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 7:06 pm

WOW! So young to die.....My condolences to his family....... No

John Hughes Dies Rhonda10John Hughes Dies Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : John Hughes Dies Happy010

John Hughes Dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Hughes Dies   John Hughes Dies EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 7:08 pm

I just saw that on tv and I was shocked. I think they said he was walking or had gotten back from a walk? I was guessing he was in good shape but you just never know. I, for one, loved his movies and he will be missed. I could watch the "Lampoon" movies (except for the European Vacation one) over and over again. Loved that "Cousin Eddie!"

John Hughes Dies HummerJohn Hughes Dies MistiKeeperJohn Hughes Dies Bookclub5John Hughes Dies Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : John Hughes Dies Happy010

John Hughes Dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Hughes Dies   John Hughes Dies EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 7:08 pm

Yes, that was too young to die Blue

John Hughes Dies Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : John Hughes Dies Goodsi10

John Hughes Dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Hughes Dies   John Hughes Dies EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 7:18 pm

Misti wrote:
Loved that "Cousin Eddie!"

grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : John Hughes Dies Love-s10

John Hughes Dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Hughes Dies   John Hughes Dies EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 11:16 am

I just bought Sixteen Candles a while back. Its one of those that I wanted because its just part of my childhood.
This is so sad for his family..........

John Hughes Dies Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : John Hughes Dies Love-s10

John Hughes Dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Hughes Dies   John Hughes Dies EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:16 pm

Gin wrote:
I just bought Sixteen Candles a while back. Its one of those that I wanted because its just part of my childhood.
This is so sad for his family..........

Gin, so did I!! I got it like a month ago. What's really weird is that Brendan hadn't seen a bunch of the 'classic' John Hughes films, so we've been watching them over the summer.

And yes, gotta LOVE Vacation!! Honestly, out of all of them, that IS my favorite....like Misti I could never tire of it. Chevy was just so awesome, and Randy Quaid of course! Second fave was Breakfast Club though! Applause And the other day I watched Ferris Bueller's Day off. Bueller? Bueller??? grinsmiley

Very sad loss indeed...

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : John Hughes Dies Happy011

John Hughes Dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Hughes Dies   John Hughes Dies EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 5:39 pm

That is so sad and so young No

The Only movie i like of his is Home alone i have't seen all of his movies but i think you all know what i think of Sixteen Candels

John Hughes Dies Jacobk10John Hughes Dies Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

John Hughes Dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Hughes Dies   John Hughes Dies Empty

Back to top Go down

John Hughes Dies
Page 1 of 1