Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Your favorite Caroline

Go down 
+14
emilyanneoftheprairie
GrandDuchessOlga
georgiagirl1993
Prairie Dweller
edwina
LHDaisy
HarrisonCrosby4387
carolineingalls
ChristinaAL
JW
Debbie
bethandmanly
Savannah
Carol
18 posters

Who portrayed Caroline Ingalls best?
Karen Grassle
Your favorite Caroline Vote_lcap100%Your favorite Caroline Vote_rcap
 100% [ 27 ]
Erin Cottrell
Your favorite Caroline Vote_lcap0%Your favorite Caroline Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 27

AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Your favorite Caroline Happy010

Your favorite Caroline Empty
PostSubject: Your favorite Caroline   Your favorite Caroline EmptyThu Mar 01, 2007 1:21 am

Your favorite Caroline Honor_IngallsCaroline (The REAL Caroline Ingalls)

Vote for who you think portrayed Caroline Ingalls the best. [type]

Your favorite Caroline CarolineIngalls1 Karen Grassle

Your favorite Caroline Littlehouse Erin Cottrell

============

Well.. I gotta say it's Karen grinsmiley

Your favorite Caroline Horses10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Caroline   Your favorite Caroline EmptyThu Mar 01, 2007 4:04 am

I think that Karen Grassle to play
a very beautiful and good role, Erin Cottrell c ' is good
but, another version that is not able to
to replace the Landon version

like the 2 version nevertheless Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Your favorite Caroline Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Caroline   Your favorite Caroline EmptyThu Mar 01, 2007 8:43 am

I love Karen Grassle as Caroline Ingalls. I've seen a couple of other actresses portray Caroline, but neither of them seemed to become Caroline the way that Karen did.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Your favorite Caroline Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Caroline   Your favorite Caroline EmptyThu Mar 01, 2007 8:46 am

I can't really vote in this one because I think it's hard to take someone who was in a role for eight seasons and compare her work to someone who played the role for only six TV hours.

I always see Karen as Ma because I knew her first and I saw her for so long. When the Beyond the Prairie movies came out in 2000 and 2002, I had a hard time seeing anyone else playing the characters I had grown to love as a child; and Lindsay Crouse who played Caroline Ingalls in these movies was a much sterner version of Caroline than Karen ever was. I think that might have been what the writer Stephen Harrigan was looking for in his version of Laura's life. (BTW, there is an exclusive Prairie Fans interview with Stephen on Lennon's new blog)

Overall, I think Karen and Erin both did a great job of bringing the character of Caroline to life. They displayed the tough pioneer woman who followed her husband anywhere and the tender wife and mother who cared for her family. They showed strength in times of adversity. They knew what had to be done and they did it.

I also believe that the LHOP Pilot movie and the ABC mini-series did a great job of showing the dangers of living on the frontier. It was as the Ingalls family moved into the settled town of Walnut Grove that the dangers drifted away and were only showcased in a handful of episodes, which is why Ma was able to become more of a wise teacher and loving nurturer to her children than when they were living in Kansas.

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : Your favorite Caroline Xmassm4

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Caroline   Your favorite Caroline EmptyThu Mar 01, 2007 9:19 am

I loved Karen as Ma!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Your favorite Caroline Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Caroline   Your favorite Caroline EmptyThu Mar 01, 2007 9:42 am

Karen Grassel

Your favorite Caroline Jacobk10Your favorite Caroline Jacob210
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Caroline   Your favorite Caroline EmptyThu Mar 01, 2007 4:42 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
I can't really vote in this one because I think it's hard to take someone who was in a role for eight seasons and compare her work to someone who played the role for only six TV hours.

I always see Karen as Ma because I knew her first and I saw her for so long. When the Beyond the Prairie movies came out in 2000 and 2002, I had a hard time seeing anyone else playing the characters I had grown to love as a child; and Lindsay Crouse who played Caroline Ingalls in these movies was a much sterner version of Caroline than Karen ever was. I think that might have been what the writer Stephen Harrigan was looking for in his version of Laura's life. (BTW, there is an exclusive Prairie Fans interview with Stephen on Lennon's new blog)

Overall, I think Karen and Erin both did a great job of bringing the character of Caroline to life. They displayed the tough pioneer woman who followed her husband anywhere and the tender wife and mother who cared for her family. They showed strength in times of adversity. They knew what had to be done and they did it.

I also believe that the LHOP Pilot movie and the ABC mini-series did a great job of showing the dangers of living on the frontier. It was as the Ingalls family moved into the settled town of Walnut Grove that the dangers drifted away and were only showcased in a handful of episodes, which is why Ma was able to become more of a wise teacher and loving nurturer to her children than when they were living in Kansas.

Cheryl

:agree: We've grown to love Karen as Caroline and I agree that seeing someone else in her role - or anyone's really - is hard to do.

Your favorite Caroline ChristinaKeeper2 Your favorite Caroline 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Your favorite Caroline Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Caroline   Your favorite Caroline EmptyFri Mar 02, 2007 5:11 am

There will only ever be one Caroline Ingalls for me and wothout a doubt it's Karen Grassle. She made this role her own and I can't ever imagine anyone else as Caroline.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Caroline   Your favorite Caroline EmptyTue May 29, 2007 2:35 pm

I'll always think of karen grassle as caroline ingalls. Cause after watching LHOTP all these years, she will always be caroline to me Cheer happy1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Caroline   Your favorite Caroline EmptyTue May 29, 2007 2:35 pm

I'll always think of karen grassle as caroline ingalls. Cause after watching LHOTP all these years, she will always be caroline to me Cheer happy1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Caroline   Your favorite Caroline EmptyTue May 29, 2007 3:59 pm

For me it will always be Karen as Caroline. I am so used to the cast with Michael Landon and that is what I like. I like Erin Cottrell very much. She is fabulous in the movies on Hallmark about a pioneer family.
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Caroline   Your favorite Caroline EmptyTue May 29, 2007 5:40 pm

I can't think of anyone else being Ma but Karen. Same as the other characters too even thoug they are good as well.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
LHDaisy
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
LHDaisy

Number of posts : 277

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Caroline   Your favorite Caroline EmptyThu May 31, 2007 12:23 pm

Karen Grassle grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
edwina
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

Number of posts : 1010
Mood : Your favorite Caroline Party010

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Caroline   Your favorite Caroline EmptyThu May 31, 2007 10:32 pm

Karen Grassle
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Caroline   Your favorite Caroline EmptyFri Jun 01, 2007 9:14 am

Definitely Karen Grassle. I didn't really like Erin Cottrell as Ma.

Your favorite Caroline PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
georgiagirl1993
Town Business Owner
Town Business Owner
georgiagirl1993

Number of posts : 1585

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Caroline   Your favorite Caroline EmptyFri Jun 01, 2007 3:14 pm

They are both wonderful actresses. But, it's no question, Karen Grassle will always be the only Ma!

Your favorite Caroline Keeper
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney
Back to top Go down
GrandDuchessOlga
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
GrandDuchessOlga

Number of posts : 404

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Caroline   Your favorite Caroline EmptySat Jul 21, 2007 9:53 am

There was never any doubt! It had to be Karen. Erin Cottrel did a very good job and I almost feel sorry for her that she has to stand in the shadow of Karen because she was really good as Ma Ingalls. But noone can be compared to Karen. I loved her smile, her laugh and the way she was just natural and somewhat calm in her portrayal. I don´t quite know how to explain it but when you watched her you just thought. That IS Caroline Ingalls. She was outstanding :)
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Caroline   Your favorite Caroline EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 9:07 am

Karen Grassle all the way Cheer ! there will never be another Ma for me no matter how good the actress :fyi: !
~*emilyanne*~

Your favorite Caroline Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Your favorite Caroline Cute-2
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Caroline   Your favorite Caroline EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 7:11 pm

This question should never be made!! You already knows what an answer you'll get! Karen Grassle is the only "Ma" I accept. As Michael Landon himself said: "She has all of a pioneer woman".

Go on , Karen! You'll always be Caroline Ingalls! :woohooo: :sillySmiley:

Vanesa.

Your favorite Caroline Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Caroline   Your favorite Caroline EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 8:49 pm

:agree:

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Caroline   Your favorite Caroline EmptyTue Aug 28, 2007 11:56 pm

LHDaisy wrote:
Karen Grassle grinsmiley

:agree:
Back to top Go down
brenda_m
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
brenda_m

Number of posts : 588

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Caroline   Your favorite Caroline EmptyThu Aug 30, 2007 9:40 pm

I pick Karen. I don`t see how any other cast could beat Michael`s!

Your favorite Caroline KEEPERBRENDAYour favorite Caroline 11bBrendaMatt Mate,Dean`s Diva
Get your own Virtual Horse or Pony athttp://www.howrse.com
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Caroline   Your favorite Caroline EmptyFri Aug 31, 2007 5:36 pm

Yes you said it totally!!

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Your favorite Caroline Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Caroline   Your favorite Caroline EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 1:09 pm

Karen Grassle

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Caroline   Your favorite Caroline EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 2:49 pm

Karen Grassel.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Caroline   Your favorite Caroline Empty

Back to top Go down

Your favorite Caroline
Page 1 of 1