Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kanye West at the VMAs

Go down 
+7
Carol
Kristina
bethandmanly
Savannah
Teresa
Amy
Rob
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : Kanye West at the VMAs - Page 2 Happy010

Kanye West at the VMAs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanye West at the VMAs   Kanye West at the VMAs - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 11:10 am

Amy wrote:
So he says he's going to take some time off to 'reflect' huh? :think: Mmm hmm. Whistle His apologies come too little too late IMO, and I hope that's how most of the public feels. He obviously thrives on attention and hopefully he'll finally get a clue. I read one Youtube reviewer's comment that said, "This guy just seriously needs Jesus Christ." I have to agree there! And LOL, if the president of the United States calling you a jackass doesn't turn your life around, I'm not sure what would! help

It was so funny..he said something about "celebrities" need to do that sometimes, take time to "reflect..." or something along that line. Excuse me? A celebrity?? 📷 He's not THAT popular!

And why they allowed him to openly swig from a liquor bottle on the red carpet is BEYOND me! :gross:

Kanye West at the VMAs - Page 2 HummerKanye West at the VMAs - Page 2 MistiKeeperKanye West at the VMAs - Page 2 Bookclub5Kanye West at the VMAs - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : Kanye West at the VMAs - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West at the VMAs   Kanye West at the VMAs - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 12:46 pm

Kanye West at the VMAs - Page 2 713955 Well, he's always had a very high opinion of himself. Here's something from last year...

LONDON — Kanye West is to music what Michael Jordan was to basketball _ at least that's what West thinks, in his humble estimation.

"I realize that my place and position in history is that I will go down as the voice of this generation, of this decade, I will be the loudest voice," he said in an interview on Wednesday. "It's me settling into that position of just really accepting that it's one thing to say you want to do it, and it's another thing to really end up being like Michael Jordan."
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West at the VMAs   Kanye West at the VMAs - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:40 pm

They didn't boo him on Leno. The audience actually clapped when he came out. Maybe because they knew he was going to apologize.

Kanye West at the VMAs - Page 2 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Kanye West at the VMAs - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West at the VMAs   Kanye West at the VMAs - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 2:29 pm

Misti wrote:
It was so funny..he said something about "celebrities" need to do that sometimes, take time to "reflect..." or something along that line. Excuse me? A celebrity?? 📷 He's not THAT popular!

And why they allowed him to openly swig from a liquor bottle on the red carpet is BEYOND me! :gross:

Yeah, and generalizing it like that is almost like saying that any 'celebrity' may have done the same thing he did---like it's a 'pressure' thing. Ugh.
I don't understand about this open bottle of booze on the red carpet either---why does he get away with so much? Is security afraid of him or sth? :unsure:

Rob wrote:
Kanye West at the VMAs - Page 2 713955 Well, he's always had a very high opinion of himself. Here's something from last year...

LONDON — Kanye West is to music what Michael Jordan was to basketball _ at least that's what West thinks, in his humble estimation.

"I realize that my place and position in history is that I will go down as the voice of this generation, of this decade, I will be the loudest voice," he said in an interview on Wednesday. "It's me settling into that position of just really accepting that it's one thing to say you want to do it, and it's another thing to really end up being like Michael Jordan."

YIKES. Well, even if he loses a ton of fans over this (which it sounds like he already has), he won't lose his biggest fan! Whistle

Teresa wrote:
They didn't boo him on Leno. The audience actually clapped when he came out. Maybe because they knew he was going to apologize.

Good grief, I wish they would have! I have to wonder if the producers of Leno's show asked them not to. With something that fresh, that everyone was so upset about, it seems like at least a part of the audience would have boo'd him.

Well, he certainly is getting his publicity over this, isn't he?!:think:
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West at the VMAs   Kanye West at the VMAs - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:18 pm

Well... he's been apologizing left and right and according to Taylor on the View, she said he still has not contacted her or apologized to her.

Also, he's been known to apologize after all the outbursts he tends to give...
Who knows if he really means it because he's back at it again...

This time, he did it to Taylor who is a sweet person, people got really upset because they saw Taylor crying backstage.

The thing is ... I think finally Kanye is paying for his actions.

Anyway kids... you've just witnessed what "sippy sippys" do to the brain.

Kanye West at the VMAs - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West at the VMAs   Kanye West at the VMAs - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 8:50 pm

Right...an apology isn't an apology if you just go forth commiting the same 'sin'. It doesn't work that way. He really is clueless...the fact that he hasn't told Taylor just proves how insincere he is.

And I think part of why people are really upset is that this was not some 30 year old woman he was doing this too...Taylor is a teen and inexperienced, and is not 'seasoned' like maybe someone else would have been, who could have perhaps 'held their own' and even taken a stand against him. I think the public felt 'protective' of her from the get-go.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West at the VMAs   Kanye West at the VMAs - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 12:58 am

I saw part of the Jay Leno show, and he asked Kayne what his mother would have thought of what he did, and he hung his head and was silent as he wiped away tears. Knowing how his mother would have felt, he should have given thought to how Taylor's mom felt.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West at the VMAs   Kanye West at the VMAs - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 9:36 am

That's the problem, he just doesn't think......................

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West at the VMAs   Kanye West at the VMAs - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 9:58 am

Alice wrote:
I saw part of the Jay Leno show, and he asked Kayne what his mother would have thought of what he did, and he hung his head and was silent as he wiped away tears. Knowing how his mother would have felt, he should have given thought to how Taylor's mom felt.

Wow, Jay actually said that?! I love it!! Kanye really had that coming! And yeah, I don't think Kanye really thinks about anyone's interests but Kanye's. Whistle

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West at the VMAs   Kanye West at the VMAs - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 12:45 pm

My husband e-mailed me this from work....................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQj5DTJRB1Q

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West at the VMAs   Kanye West at the VMAs - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 3:44 pm

Wow. Yikes. :unsure:

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West at the VMAs   Kanye West at the VMAs - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 4:00 pm

He's REALLY getting a bad rap now....................

The sad thing is, I can totally see him thinking something like that. Or just comparing different celebrity funerals. Especially if he's had a few too many cocktails.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West at the VMAs   Kanye West at the VMAs - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kanye West at the VMAs
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2