Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

For Caleby, please.

Go down 
+10
Rhonda
Carol
Lori
Kristina
JW
Gin
Teresa
bethandmanly
Rob
Savannah
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
For Caleby, please. Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : For Caleby, please. Happy010

For Caleby, please. Empty
PostSubject: For Caleby, please.   For Caleby, please. EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 9:18 pm

When I saw the children today, Caleby told me that he has an ear infection, and has ear drops for it....Well, John told me that the school nurse had sent Caleb home on Tuesday because she thought he had pink eye, and said that Caleb couldn't come back to school 'til he had a doctor's slip. So John took him to the doctor, and the doctor said that Caleby's eyes were perfectly fine - but as long as he was there, anyway, he'd check his throat, ears, etc.....When he looked in the left ear, he called in a second doctor. Then a third.....But the thing is, the doctors (all three of them!) aren't certain whether it's his inner ear that's so swollen - or if there's a pencil eraser inside his ear. ( For Caleby, please. 868708 ) So Caleb has drops for his ear, and if it isn't better by Monday, then April is taking him back to the doctor. His ear doesn't hurt at all - and you can SEE a bright pinkish something inside his ear.....Anyway, please pray for Caleby.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : For Caleby, please. Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: For Caleby, please.   For Caleby, please. EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 9:25 pm

Prayers are going out. Did Caleb say he'd had a pencil in his ear?
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: For Caleby, please.   For Caleby, please. EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 9:34 pm

No, but he told me two weeks ago that a boy in school had put a pencil eraser in his ear. Stupid me, I didn't realize that he meant IN his ear. For Caleby, please. Kopfschuettel I thought he meant that he'd poked him in the ear with it. So it's quite possible that he has a pencil eraser down in his inner ear.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : For Caleby, please. Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: For Caleby, please.   For Caleby, please. EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 10:14 pm

Oh, that doesn't sound good either way. I'll definitely add him to our prayer list and mention him at church tomorrow.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: For Caleby, please.   For Caleby, please. EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 11:09 pm

Caleb will be in my prayers, Savannah. I'm thinking that if Caleb said that a boy put a pencil eraser in his ear, then that's probably what the doctor is seeing in there. That could be quite serious if they don't get it out soon, especially if it's been in there for 2 weeks. Are they going to do some type of an x-ray, just to be sure?

For Caleby, please. TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: For Caleby, please.   For Caleby, please. EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 11:52 pm

That's what I thought, too, Teresa. For Caleby, please. 5_sad

April is going to take him back in Monday if the medicine hasn't made the inflammation go down. We talked to John again, and the three doctors and a nurse practitioner all looked closely and even used an otoscope, and they all *think* that it is not an eraser - that his ear is swollen inside. But they said that it's extremely unusual for him to not have any pain if it's that swollen, so they're perplexed. They don't have plans for an x-ray yet, but I'll mention that to them. I'm going to call Monday night and see if there's any new word.

And thank you for the prayers, everyone!
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : For Caleby, please. Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: For Caleby, please.   For Caleby, please. EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 12:18 am

YIKES! Poor guy! Kids can have the most unique issues. The biggest thing we dealt with is Madison eating a marble. When I told him you are NOT supposed to eat those, he coughed it back up like a cat would a hairball. Talk about puke on demand!
Hope this turns out well, and pain free for Caleb. Keep us updated, please.

For Caleby, please. Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : For Caleby, please. Happy011

PostSubject: Re: For Caleby, please.   For Caleby, please. EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 3:17 pm

I'll be praying for Caleb Keep us Updated

For Caleby, please. Jacobk10For Caleby, please. Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863

PostSubject: Re: For Caleby, please.   For Caleby, please. EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 3:22 pm

Caleb will be in my thoughts. I'll be hoping that everything is okay!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: For Caleby, please.   For Caleby, please. EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 3:31 pm

What scares me is that the inflammation may decrease, but the eraser head could be that much farther into the inner ear, which you wouldn't be able to see with an otoscope. It's just too ironic that Caleb said that a boy had put an eraser in his ear, and then the doctors could see some inflammation. Just because they can't actually SEE the eraser, doesn't mean it's not there. It could just be farther down the ear canal, especially if it's been there for 2 weeks. I hope that they do more tests to make sure that they are 100% certain that an eraser head is not down there somewhere. Please keep us updated, Savannah. Even if the inflammation goes down, April should still take him back, just to make sure that Caleb's ear canal is clear.

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: For Caleby, please.   For Caleby, please. EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 7:12 pm

I'll be praying for him. Hopefully it is just inflammation; that sounds easier to treat than getting an eraser out. At least he is not in pain.

For Caleby, please. Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: For Caleby, please.   For Caleby, please. EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 9:29 pm

Wow! OhMy
I hope that it is just inflammation... and that it goes down soon.

For Caleby, please. Horses10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: For Caleby, please.   For Caleby, please. EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 9:50 pm

Thank you, everyone. I appreciate your prayers very much.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : For Caleby, please. Purple2

PostSubject: Re: For Caleby, please.   For Caleby, please. EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 11:27 pm

Prayers for Caleb going up........ For Caleby, please. 125245

For Caleby, please. Rhonda10For Caleby, please. Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: For Caleby, please.   For Caleby, please. EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 12:18 am

Thank you, Rhonda! (And it's good to see you back!! For Caleby, please. 946959 )
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: For Caleby, please.   For Caleby, please. EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 8:50 am

I just talked to April, and she said that there's no change in Caleb's ear, so she's taking him back in after school. And she said she'd ask them to do an x-ray. For Caleby, please. 896912 I asked her to call as soon as they know anything, and she said she would......so as soon as I hear anything I'll let you know.
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: For Caleby, please.   For Caleby, please. EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 10:33 am

He's in my prayers, Savannah.

For Caleby, please. PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: For Caleby, please.   For Caleby, please. EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 5:26 pm

Thank goodness!! I'm glad that April is following up on this, and will ask for an x-ray. Thanks for updating us.

Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

PostSubject: Re: For Caleby, please.   For Caleby, please. EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 7:41 pm

I hope Caleb isn't too scared! I'm hoping for the best
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: For Caleby, please.   For Caleby, please. EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 8:27 pm

I hadn't heard anything yet, so I called over to find out what's up, and John & April said that they're going to try and get Caleb in tomorrow instead. *sigh*

Kristina, that's so sweet of you to be concerned about Caleb being scared. He's seven, and sometimes things like this would scare him - but he's handling it quite well. (Probably better than I am, to be honest. I'm worried about all of the possibilities, and he's just as unconcerned about it as can be.)
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

PostSubject: Re: For Caleby, please.   For Caleby, please. EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 8:46 pm

I know I would be nervous if I was Caleb! I'm not a fan of going to the doctor No keep us posted on how he's doing :)
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: For Caleby, please.   For Caleby, please. EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 10:40 pm

Thanks, Kristina. I will. For Caleby, please. Icon_lov
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : For Caleby, please. Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: For Caleby, please.   For Caleby, please. EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 8:35 am

I'm so sorry I haven't seen this until now! I will be praying for Caleb....I hope April really does get him in today.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: For Caleby, please.   For Caleby, please. EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 8:16 pm

Savannah, have you heard from April?

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: For Caleby, please.   For Caleby, please. EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 9:54 pm

I actually went over and saw them today. April worked, and John didn't send Michael to school because he was running a fever, so they didn't take Caleb in today. Caleby was running a little bit of a fever tonight when I left, too. Poor little fella. Thankfully "Auntie's Magic Purse" had the medicine that the boys needed, so I left it with them. I'll call tomorrow and see how they're doing. *sigh* More delays.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For Caleby, please.   For Caleby, please. Empty

Back to top Go down

For Caleby, please.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next