Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I think I would die in the cold states...

Go down 
+8
Amy
Teresa
Alice
bethandmanly
Rhonda
Savannah
Susie
Carol
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : I think I would die in the cold states... Happy010

I think I would die in the cold states... Empty
PostSubject: I think I would die in the cold states...   I think I would die in the cold states... EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 4:28 pm

It is 44 degrees here and I am freezing... cold
My hands will not warm up...

I think I would die in the cold states... Horses10
Back to top Go down
Susie
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Susie

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: I think I would die in the cold states...   I think I would die in the cold states... EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 5:31 pm

I wish it was 44 here. I think I would die in the cold states... 776991

He doesn't always answer in the way that we want, but in a way He thinks is best for each of us.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: I think I would die in the cold states...   I think I would die in the cold states... EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 6:04 pm

What is the weather there like Susie? And do you have a special mutant power that helps you deal with it? lol

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
I think I would die in the cold states... Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: I think I would die in the cold states...   I think I would die in the cold states... EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 7:20 pm

{{{Carol}}} I'm sorry you're shivering away. I hope you warm up soon.

If we hit 44 here right now, people would be going around in short sleeves outdoors. I think I would die in the cold states... 135245 . . . .BUT....in all fairness, I think I would die if I had to try and live with the heat that you have to deal with in the summertime! So it equals out. I think I would die in the cold states... 702150

Have a nice, hot cup of something - tea, hot chocolate, whatever...and wrap your hands around it.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : I think I would die in the cold states... Purple2

PostSubject: Re: I think I would die in the cold states...   I think I would die in the cold states... EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 7:25 pm

Savannah wrote:
Have a nice, hot cup of something - tea, hot chocolate, whatever...and wrap your hands around it.

Make some hot Jell-O!!! Make it up like your going to put it in the fridge to set, and drink it instead.....YUMMY!!! I think I would die in the cold states... 135245

I think I would die in the cold states... Rhonda10I think I would die in the cold states... Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : I think I would die in the cold states... Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: I think I would die in the cold states...   I think I would die in the cold states... EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 10:31 pm

Rhonda wrote:
Savannah wrote:

Make some hot Jell-O!!! Make it up like your going to put it in the fridge to set, and drink it instead.....YUMMY!!! I think I would die in the cold states... 135245

I love warm Jell-O and I thought I was just a nut. greenS It snowed here today, so we didn't get close to 44, Carol.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

PostSubject: Re: I think I would die in the cold states...   I think I would die in the cold states... EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 3:09 am

I've never tried warm Jell-O. Sounds good.

I hope it warms up soon for you, Carol. I never thought of 44 degrees as being freezing cold, but I've never lived in a warm state like you do.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: I think I would die in the cold states...   I think I would die in the cold states... EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 9:54 am

It's 4 degrees here this morning. It's only supposed to warm up to 19 today. We were spoiled with the "heat" wave last week when it was in the 30's.

I think I would die in the cold states... TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : I think I would die in the cold states... Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: I think I would die in the cold states...   I think I would die in the cold states... EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 10:30 am

My friend in Georgia said they're at 27 degrees today!! Georgia!!

Savannah wrote:
{{{Carol}}} . . .BUT....in all fairness, I think I would die if I had to try and live with the heat that you have to deal with in the summertime! So it equals out. I think I would die in the cold states... 702150

I actually do agree with that....I don't 'like' being cold either, but given the choice of sweltering or shivering, I'd take shivering any day. Wink

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : I think I would die in the cold states... Purple2

PostSubject: Re: I think I would die in the cold states...   I think I would die in the cold states... EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 1:19 pm

Amy wrote:
My friend in Georgia said they're at 27 degrees today!! Georgia!!

Savannah wrote:
{{{Carol}}} . . .BUT....in all fairness, I think I would die if I had to try and live with the heat that you have to deal with in the summertime! So it equals out. I think I would die in the cold states... 702150

I actually do agree with that....I don't 'like' being cold either, but given the choice of sweltering or shivering, I'd take shivering any day. Wink

I have lived in both places.......heat in California (without humidity) and heat in Arkansas (with NASTY humidity).....cold in California.....cold in Arkansas.....and I have learned...."It is MUCH easier to pile on clothes to stay warm, than it is to take off clothes to stay cool......you can only take OFF so many clothes!" I think I would die in the cold states... 68167

I think I would die in the cold states... Rhonda10I think I would die in the cold states... Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!

Last edited by Rhonda on Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : I think I would die in the cold states... Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: I think I would die in the cold states...   I think I would die in the cold states... EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 5:31 pm

Rhonda wrote:
I have lived in both places.......heat in California (without humidity) and heat in Arkansas (with NASTY humidity)

The humidity does make all the difference, that's for sure! I can tolerate a dry heat, but I HATE humidity!! thud

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: I think I would die in the cold states...   I think I would die in the cold states... EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 8:15 pm

Rhonda wrote:
Amy wrote:

Savannah wrote:

I actually do agree with that....I don't 'like' being cold either, but given the choice of sweltering or shivering, I'd take shivering any day. I think I would die in the cold states... 771460

I have lived in both places.......heat in California (without humidity) and heat in Arkansas (with NASTY humidity).....cold in California.....cold in Arkansas.....and I have learned...."It is MUCH easier to pile on clothes to stay warm, than it is to take off clothes to stay cool......you can only take OFF so many clothes!" I think I would die in the cold states... 68167

On the other hand, having to pile on clothes is not so fun... I think I would die in the cold states... 135245
I think I would die in the cold states... Snowsuit

Besides, it's not like I live in Death Valley ya'll I think I would die in the cold states... Desertsmile lol
Where I live, our average annual temperature ranges from 49 to 77 degrees. More time for longer days and more recreation!
I think I would die in the cold states... Chase I think I would die in the cold states... Gardensmiley I think I would die in the cold states... Canoesmile
We do have long hot summers (the hot months in the valley average in the high 90s) but there is also the mountains, rivers and ocean that help us deal or just drive 3 hours north or south and it will be in the 80s or 70s lol. Of course, we do have days when we get record heats but they last a few days... last year it wasn't bad... not like this one year when we had heat waves for a few days, it was HOT HOT HOT I think I would die in the cold states... Meltsmile and I thought 100 degrees as being cool! I think I would die in the cold states... 29545 LOL Last year, that didn't happen thank goodness. Another thing that helps is that it's dry heat.

Even though I DO enjoy part of winter AND the snow I think I would die in the cold states... Gotcha... I enjoy being warm and the water more I think I would die in the cold states... Hottubsmiles... although there are days when I can play in the snow and swim in the ocean in the same day lol. So, while I do enjoy a hot cocoa in the winter time... I gotta say, nothing feels more good than being perfectly warm when the sun's warmth just drapes around you like a light blanket while you relax by the pacific ocean. I think I would die in the cold states... Xspace_sunny More days like this is what I get where I live. I just don't like the thought of having too many gloomy dark days, waiting for weeks for the snow to melt while freezing my butt off... I'd die!! I think I would die in the cold states... Crysmiley1 LOL

I think I would die in the cold states... Deadthread
Here lies Carol... who died from the bitter cold while staring out her window ... longing for sunshine... frozen tears where on her face ..... lol

But instead... I'm here! I think I would die in the cold states... Hapydancsmil

I think I would die in the cold states... WEB+Telecommuting+Guy

I think I would die in the cold states... Honeymoon

I think I would die in the cold states... BEACH%20READING

At Nepenthe Restaurant… you sit at the table ready to eat, and this is your view.
I think I would die in the cold states... Nepenthe_view

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
I think I would die in the cold states... Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: I think I would die in the cold states...   I think I would die in the cold states... EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 10:15 pm

Amy wrote:
The humidity does make all the difference, that's for sure! I can tolerate a dry heat, but I HATE humidity!! I think I would die in the cold states... 184143

Michigan's unofficial state motto: It isn't the heat, it's the humidity! I think I would die in the cold states... 702150
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

PostSubject: Re: I think I would die in the cold states...   I think I would die in the cold states... EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 11:42 pm

California sounds wonderful, Carol!

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: I think I would die in the cold states...   I think I would die in the cold states... EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 12:37 am

Check out these two videos Thumbsup